Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 20, 2010
This beautiful CD helps you to connect with the sweet divine heart that exists in each one of us! Each mantra covers healing for the body, helping to remove obstacles in your life, to bringing love and happines in the most beautiful way! Even if it is hard for you to believe in the words, there is a special vibration that exist in each mantra that just by hearing Deva's voice, you can feel something special happening in that moment which continues as you listen to the sounds of hope, joy, grace, love, and peace! Pick the mantra that connects to you, and offer your trust in it, and I know you will not regret the results! With all my love to Deva and Miten for sharing their love! Abel - San Diego
on February 19, 2011
Deva Premal's voice is lovely and her pronunciation so wonderful. Pronunciation/sound is so important with mantras. I wish I could produce such wonderful sound. Her devotion is obvious. I find listening to the mantras relaxing and enjoyed this download. I also recommend Love Is Space if you prefer something more musical and less repetitive. It is one of my listened to CDs for relaxation. So nice after a stressful day to listen to the mantras or the Love is Space music. I would say the mantras leave me relaxed and alert, the Love is Space music has a more soothing quality and I love to listen to it before falling asleep.
on September 10, 2010
In my many years of yoga practice, I know that mantras have a wonderful way of calming the mind allowing a person to let go of the world as we know it. Prior to purchasing the CD I listened to the mantra samples provided on the product page. Before anyone else does it, I must say that samples do to do this CD justice.

CD has various mantras for various types of prayers. Each one lasts about 8 minutes and only one of them is about 3 minutes long (because the mantra itself is short). Each mantra is accompanied with unique music that is quiet in the background ad does not interfere with chanting process. The real beauty is Deva's voice that is absolutely beautiful and calming like a breath of air. Following her chanting helps because she repeats it exactly 108 times - using the most sacred mala number. I have been chanting every day. Sometimes, chanting puts me in a state of trance that is very pleasant, warm and calming.

People serious about spirituality and devotions, must have this CD in their library. Next thing I will buy is mala beads so when I chant without Deva's lovely CD, I will repeat the chant exactly 108 times.....
on February 24, 2010
'Mantras for precarious times' is a really practical and inspirational way to use mantras in daily life. The CD assists me so I can fully focus on the mantras and the impact it has on my being without having to count. I also really like Deva Premal & Miten in Concert (1CD + 1DVD) -- Thank you!
on July 21, 2010
This is a great chanting CD. Deva Premal has a wonderful voice but what I liked most about the album was that she chants, not sings, the various mantras. That makes it easy for those of us who are much less vocally talented to chant along. There are none of the vocal flourishes often found in chanting albums...beautiful if you are only listening but hard to follow if you are trying to chant the mantra too. A beautiful and transforming CD...highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon July 13, 2011
THANK YOU AMAZON for the samples of this CD on your website. It cinched the deal for me.
Deva Premal's voice is soothing and angelic. The background music enhances the experience and for me - mantra chanting is a Holy Experience. Each mantra is repeated 7-9 minutes. It's hypnotic and powerful.
I am familiar with first 3 mantras from Thomas Ashley-Farrand's CD and books. Deva Premal acknowledges him and thanks him for his inspirational teaching.

I feel SO Blessed to have found Amazon as a resource of Positive Energy and Spiritually Uplifting material.
I've chanted the 1st mantra for over a year and it's Fabulous to hear a female voice join me.
I've chanted the 3rd for about 6 months.
They have each/both brought me serenity and joy. The CD makes me feel like I'm in a class - Building Positive Healing Energy : )

They aren't just for "Precarious Times". I think they're perfect for EVERY Day.
Namaste
on February 24, 2010
Its great. I need to play the "removal of obstacles" matra a few times before I can go into the rest of the album. its calming, its peaceful and helps me ground. if you like chanting, repetition, and deva's beautiful voice, this one is for you!
on November 18, 2013
I would have loved this one, except for the beginnings and endings of each chant. The bell ringing and " OM-ing " aren't necessary at each beginning , and the brief intro of instrumental flute also isn't necessary at the beginning of each chant. The endings are likewise undesirable. I'm experienced with all kinds of chanting , and one needs to continuously chant for at least twice as long ( 16 mins. ) as her chants are ( 8 mins.) to achieve a physiological benefit . That's the fact !!! So putting extra stuff at the beginning and the ending of each chant prevents the listened/ chanted track from being played seamlessly on repeat. Psychologically , an 8 min. track is fine. But this kind of chanting should treated as a form of yoga. And yoga, as we know, is physical, not just psychological . Also the 108 repetitions aren't inherently necessary, as long as you chant long enough (16 mins., i recommend )
on February 20, 2010
This CD and Deva's amazing voice are now my daily companions. Every evening I am chanting together with Deva, this is such a wonderful aid for concentration & rhythm which gently helps you to achieve that not so easily attainable state of peacefulness, clarity and content. Thank you so much for producing this CD!
on May 12, 2013
This is great for mantra meditation. Mantra chanting set to soothing background music. Not for those looking for a more musical/singing type of sound...this is good for those of us who just want the mantra chanting....I use this daily to help with my meditation.