Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 6, 2004
This is a fantastic book for anyone needing tips on keeping the environment their koi live in heathy and free of disease. This book is very easy to understand and has many photos to help you better understand what you are reading. Everything is well photographed with excellent instruction on identifying, prevention and the treatment of diseases. When the photography was not good enough, then wonderful and highly detailed illustrations were used.

The text is straight forward with little jargon so that it is easy to understand for even a non-fish person like me. This is a great book for anyone interested in going to the next level with their pond.
on December 30, 2007
This little book is the best reference I've found for the amateur koi keeper. Specifically, it not only talks about Koi health, the diseases they get, and the medications that may help; but it provides you with excellent photos of these little critters that can decimate your pond. With this book and a beginer's microscope I have been able to diagnose many problems and save my fish. I just bought four more copies to have ready for newcomers to our Koi Club this spring when we will once again start receiving calls from distraught pond keepers.
on March 10, 2009
Very handy with great photos. Perfect for identifying potential problems before they get out of hand. It also helps to diagnose the problem so you don't waste your time and money on the wrong treatment as I've done in the past. Now that I have this reference, it's easy to see exactly what the problem is and treat it effectively.
on July 22, 2013
Very informative. Have used information to treat my fish . Saved a fish with a heavy salted bath treatment ( Pure sea salt. )

Fish came with our home !! , we knew nothing, now we are almost experts regarding our Goldfish,all colors ,many variations,
some over 10 years old. One year 14 survived,had to find some homes. .

We can recognize problems now, and in SE Florida there are many.
on July 30, 2011
The information is decent but there's a lot that isn't covered and the index isn't sufficient to help you find the small section that might cover what you're trying to figure out. It's adequate for a beginner's book but Dr. Erik Johnson's and Dr. Sainte-Erne's books are considerably more informative
on July 7, 2012
This book has lots of wonderful information on the various ailments that can affect koi. It also gives great info on treatments and the various kinds of medication. A great book to have when you're having a hard time finding a person who knows what they're talking about (I know all fish enthusiasts have encountered this). I also bought the Fish Health version of the book too.
on October 26, 2005
The book was well thought out as far as content. The author spoke to the reader taking into account that the reader might be a novice koi keeper
on January 15, 2011
In my quarantine pool while recieving shipments, there became apparent a swim bladder or sleeping sickness problem in that pool only, and by use of the salt treatment all fish at time of treatment recovered and survived. Thanks to the care and concern by authors Keith Holmes and Tony Pitman. I wouldn't know where to look for a Koi Vet but I have learned how to save and treat my koi for anything recieved so far in shipments. All my stable untouched stock stayed healthy.
on April 19, 2015
good book, but got the information too late because I did not realize the disease until it was advanced-lost my 10 year old huge Koi. Great book, to help me be more aware on my next Koi.
on August 1, 2013
This book was very helpful. I had no idea fish were so sensitive. I would recommend it anyone that has koi fish.