Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 9, 2013
As students we purchase dozens of books because they are required for our courses. However, many of them are just boring, or just collect dust as they are barely used during the class.

However, the Manual of Structural Kinesiology by Floyd has been a fantastic read with excellent information, it is very well written and only covers what is essential to kinesiology students. All the muscles are displayed, explained, with pronunciation for those like myself who have a hard time reading some of these Greek/Latin terms. In the back of the book there is a chart that lists muscle groups precises, so you will better understand what muscles are being used during the most common exercises.

I will end it there. Seeing that you are here, you are probably buying this book for class. This book is worth buying for sure, don't rent it. Unlike other books, this one is something you will want to keep and highlight and book mark for sure. I will be going back and forth to this book for a very long time. I would highly recommend reading it in its entirety.

One of the most important things you will get out of this book is to ALWAYS make sure you have good posture... Stand of straight and keep the erector spinae muscles strong!
on March 13, 2013
By far the best textbook I have ever bought in the three years I've been in college! If you are a kinesiology major or plan on going to PT, OT, Med, or chiropractic this bad boy will save your life with the anatomy portion of these fields (especially with AOII). Very well organized and well written. Definitely keeping this until it falls apart!
on March 4, 2014
This book is terrific! I used it for a functional anatomy class and it was so helpful to me. It is well organized with clear pictures (although note that they are only black, white, and red, not full color - however I actually think this made it easier to see). My favorite part was that it gave descriptions of how to stretch and strengthen each muscle. Definitely worth the money for anyone studying exercise science! :D
on October 18, 2014
Got this for my Kinesiology class! Packed with useful information that I can utilize for my career as a personal trainer!!

I rented it and wished I would have just went ahead and bought it!!
on May 17, 2013
This book about kinese was easy to follow and not only included information about how body parts moved, but also tables with joint actions, muscles used, nerves and plane of movement. Included are exercises and highlighted are muscle groups and joint action for both concentric and eccentric phase.
on September 13, 2014
Good Book ( Bad Setup ) ...... The pages are precut sow you can pull them out from the book well thats good if you are thinking to separate pages from the book but if you want to keep using the book for many years it well fall apart in one use. sow keep that in mind...
on March 18, 2013
If you need to use the worksheets or coloring pages in the book, I don't suggest downloading to a Kindle. The companion website doesn't have print out worksheets :(
on August 17, 2011
I received this book in very excellent conditions within the delivery time indicated. I'm only ten pages into the book and I must say, this is great, relevant material. Can't wait for my anatomy class to begin.
on February 23, 2016
I ordered this book for a Phys/Kin college course! The content was well laid out and very comprehensive.

With the help of the content in this book I was able to get an A in the class and would certainly recommend this book to any student.
on June 17, 2012
Yes, I was referred this book by one of my students in the gym. I use Kinesiology
in my work journey and certainly had worn out the last one. This is a great new
edition of proper origin/insertion paintings. Thanks for this usable book.