Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Manybooks downloads

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 17, 2008 8:41:03 AM PST
M. St Clair says:
I'm missing something obvious. I downloaded a bunch of books from manybooks in Kindle format (.azw). I transferred them via USB. But they don't show up in Content Manager. What stupid thing did I do?

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 8:48:53 AM PST
C. Vojta says:
Did you put them in the documents folder?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 8:52:21 AM PST
M. St Clair says:
That would be the stupid thing I missed at 6am...... And I did read that somewhere. Now I'll have to wait till I get home to fix it. Rats.

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 8:55:37 AM PST
C. Vojta says:
you can browse and download Manybooks on the Kindle. @ mnybks.net

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 9:07:44 AM PST
Dean R says:
Can you actually download documents to the Kindle from other sites? I know you can browse, but didn't realize you could download books from other sites directly to the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 9:31:35 AM PST
M. St Clair says:
Yup. I think I read that, too and forgot. Thanks for the reminder!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 9:32:06 AM PST
M. Dick says:
You can download directly from the Kindle in two ways: using the Basic Web browser on the Kindle and finding a link to a compatible file (e.g. .txt or .prc). When you click on such a link it will ask if you want to download it to your Kindle and it will put it in the right directory and make it available on your home screen.

The other way is to put a book on your Kindle that has links to other books. For instance, the Feedbooks Download Guide. You can read more about it here:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17465

Once you have this 'book' on your Kindle, you can browse the Feedbooks books and download easily (from the Kindle). All you need is to have the wireless on and be in a region covered by whispernet.

Either of these two methods will put the book in the correct directory. The way the original poster of the thread loaded the book was by using their PC and the USB cable and copying it over manually. In that case you need to know to put it in the 'documents' directory.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 17, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (7,973)