Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Package Quantity: 1Size: 6 inChange

on January 29, 2012
The video shows it all, but I will say that I needed a protractor for my elementary school age daughter, and ended up going to a drug store and getting a cheapie one- much bigger too, for $2.59. I love this kit not only for the great price, but also: the nice plastic case, the many items inside, and also because it is small. The larger protractor I bought was much bigger than the angles on the worksheet she brought home for homework. This Maped one is the perfect size and makes it much easier for her to measure angles. I liked the kit so much that I actually bought another one for the house.
88 comments108 of 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2011
I am a geoemtry teacher and so happy with this kit. You get 2 metal compasses(very sturdy), one which allows you to exchange pencils or pens. Love this, because when we are doing constructions they can use different color pens to help them distinguish lines. All the tools they need for my class (protractor, ruler, right angles, etc) are included and for a great price. PERFECT FOR BUDGET CONSCIOUS TEACHERS :)
11 comment48 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2015
This is probably the best geometry kit I have seen/owned. Unlike my other kits I have owned the compasses are always made of plastic and I always seem to break them due to having heavy books in my bag with them. However since these are made of metal I highly doubt they will ever break. Now the case it self is actually really cheap and I'm expecting it to break any day now, also the piece that snaps the case shut barely even holds the thing shut and also feels like it will break quite easily. There is a little hanger attached to the case so you can attach to whatever you want I guess. Now the measuring instruments are really nice and unlike my previous kits the measuring pieces always came colored so it was hard to see through them, but with this kit they are see through so I no longer have that problem. The pencil is actually really high end and is honestly one of the best pencils I have ever owned. I am not sure why there is an extra piece of lead in this kit but its there I guess if you need it for whatever reason since I doubt it will stay in the pencil if you accidentally break that lead off. The eraser is nice and doesn't leave that much eraser leftovers. As for the sharpener is actually is really nice and doesn't eat my pencils alive unlike other sharpeners. Also it gets them really nice and sharp. Overall this is the best geometry kit I have ever owned and the metal compasses should last me forever unlike the cheap plastic ones in other kits. The pencil and sharpener are really nice and the measuring instruments are also great. The case is quite cheap but I have pencil pouches anyways so that's no problem for when it breaks. Overall an exceptional kit and I highly recommend.
review image review image review image
on April 4, 2012
When you bought this set you probably wanted the Compass correct? But when using the compass, it does not stay in place. It moves therefore, making bad circles. I don't recommend buying this.
11 comment55 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2010
This little kit is awesome. Has way more than I needed, I only bought it for the compass but thought some other straight edges would be handy. I didn't actually need the protractors and I don't foresee taking any classes needing one in the future. This is definitely worth the money, if not more.
on December 30, 2011
I use this set to design rough sketches as an engineer. I was very surprised for the quality of the product for such a small price. I am deffinately pleased with my purchase

Each component

Two metal compass one with a graphite tip and the other with a pencil holder, both are very good quality although they lack the angle specification for a more "professional" use.

Ruler and square set

They are somewhat small but are big enough to use on a sheet of paper. pretty sturdy and good marks

Protractor

I personally do not like the protractor, it feels somewhat weird to hold it without a hole in the middle and I am not a big fan of the lines that run from the circle center to the line

Case
The case is a cheap plastic case, don't expect it to do much, I dropped it once from my desk and it opened and spread all the components inside, it won't do much but it will keep them organized.
on October 9, 2011
You get:
-two compasses, one with a lead tip that also comes with a spare piece of lead, and one with an attachment for a small pencil that is also provided,
-one pencil sharpener,
-one eraser,
-one 6 inch ruler,
-two triangular rulers,
-a small protractor with angles (does not have a hole through the middle of the semicircle), and
-a case for the whole set

Had to buy this for school and I just finished using most of the included items for my homework assignment. I have to say that I am impressed. For the great quality and durability of the items, the $4 price is more than reasonable.
on July 31, 2014
just don't count on the compass with the piece of lead in it, its good for a few uses, but once you wear it down a little it becomes unusable and you end up wasting most of the lead. however especially for the price, this is a very nice set. it got me through trigonometry, the only thing its missing is a french curve, but to be fair there weren't any other sets i saw that included one. i never used a piece from this set and wished i'd spent more. great deal.
on June 14, 2015
I got this for my son's high school geometry class. It got a lot of use and over the course of the year several more students in his class got one as well. He would have liked a compass that could lock better but said once he got the hang of how to hold it properly, it worked great. The protractor and triangle rulers were also very useful. The box got banged up quite a bit in his backpack, but held together fairly well although we did have to snap it back together (back hinge) a few times. I highly recommend this for students taking geometry classes.
on March 11, 2014
I like the kit, it comes with the necessary tools for an honors geometry class. However, the case isn't completely "shatterproof". The lid fell of like a gazillion times, and then it just broke off. So for the $6 you're paying, it's not too shabby, just don't buy this if you're looking for the world's most durable geometry set.