Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 4, 2001
MaryAnn Meyers is a true artist. Maple Dale, as with the other books I have read by MaryAnn, is a canvas on which she has painted her characters in livid fashion. She stirs emotion with a heartwarming story line that floats like the spirit of the main character, Leah. You find yourself despising the villan, feeling empathy for the young equestrian and demanding justice for the headmistress of Maple Dale.
Although I know very little about horses and riding, Maple Dale was a wonderful read and continues to solidify my position as a true MaryAnn Meyers fan.
on February 23, 2013
MaryAnn Myers takes us into the world of Leah, a horse trainer with so much promise but one who is troubled by a great many things. This book will tug at your heart strings and I admit it made me cry, especially at the end. The characters are well developed in the beginning but they mature throughout the story. This character maturing is a testament to the skills of the author -- kudos to you MaryAnn.

Horses, mystery, a ghost story, and a connection to those parts of each of us that we have hidden. There is a character in this book for each one of us to relate to since each has a flaw, just like the rest of mankind.

If you are seeking a story that will tug at your heart, surprise you, and make you appreciate those around you even more then this story is for you.

Now it is time for me to read Maple Dale Revisited.
on October 11, 1999
From someone who doesn't read much, I found I couldn't put this book down. I just had to find out what would happen next. Maple Dale will make you laugh and cry but thru it all you'll find a character you can completely relate to. A true story with real emotion, at the end you'll just want more. I have given the book as gifts several times and everyone has agreed, this IS a great story. I hope that MaryAnn gives us many more great books, readers need more wonderful stories like hers. What an imagination!
on April 25, 2014
I liked the book. I read this after reading her newer books and feel it is probably geared toward yoounger reader and i didnt realize it when buying book. i loved her other books , this one not so much
on June 5, 2000
This book was such a fun read! I own horses and can relate to the story as our barn was sold to developers. I could not put this book down and finished it in a day. The characters are so real and the writing creates a vivid picture for the reader. I think anyone who enjoys a good mystery and loves horses will be thrilled to own this book!
on December 31, 2012
Interesting story with the Ghost of Mapledale saving the equestrian property. Liked the characters and strong family bonds.
Great descriptions of the ordinary thoughts and feelings & tasks of daily living which is the hall mark of Mary Ann Meyers writing
on February 15, 1999
Maple Dale is suspenseful, wise andauthentic. Myers obviously knowshorses, and she knows people. Thiswonderful book is in a class withHorse Whisperer and All the PrettyHorses...plus romance and minus cruelty to animals. I read it rightthru.
on October 11, 1999
Do you believe in ghosts? Maple Dale, the horse farm, turned into a living complex has a ghost. She affects the lives of all who come in contact with her spirit.
This is an uplifting ghost story of how death affects the living. It demonstrates feelings that exist beneath the surface and are slowly revealed in the day to day contact of one human being with another, both living and dead.
Maple Dale also portrays the essential value of hope. Hope can destroy prejudism, pain, and disillusionment as it does in MaryAnn Myers novel. This book shows how hope brings together people who would not have met but for the death of one solitary woman.
Maple Dale is a good read and I recommend it highly.
on February 3, 1999
Maple Dale was so wonderful. I couldn't put it down. I have already circulated the book to three of my friends. They all agree Maple Dale was so easy to read, held our interest and the writer was able to convey and express human emotions to the reader both happy and sad. I can relate to the book as my family loves horses and enjoys good reading. I think this could be movie. Ofcourse, I want to play Leah Oliver.
I hope Mary Ann continues to write and publish books that are enjoyable, affordable and bring a little sunshine to my day.
on February 11, 1999
Maple Dale is a great read - a ghost story with a twist. Viewing the world, or at least one tiny corner of it, through the eyes of a "lost soul" is certainly an unusual perspective. Myers does an eerily great job of making it believable - almost as if she'd been there herself! Interesting psychological studies of some of the other characters, as well. And I found the ending very moving. The first book in a long time that I actually read in one sitting, because I couldn't wait to see what happened next!