Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2007 8:25:57 AM PDT
S. Kostka says:
How are the maps in this book? Are they adequate, or will I need to find maps in another source to really follow the narrative?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2007 2:15:24 PM PDT
G. Lawson says:
There are 25 maps. They are grayscale embedded in the text as a third to full page. They seem adequate to follow the narrative.

Posted on Apr 7, 2009 6:10:12 PM PDT
Actually, the maps are overdone compared with the narrative. The descriptions of the battles the author focuses on are on the one hand oral histories, and on the other rather cursory as to tactical information. As a result, frankly, maps (other than a few general ones) aren't really needed to follow the narrative. However, the maps are often more detailed than the text. Sort of an odd phenomenon (I usually complain about maps not being detailed *enough*).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2009 2:31:11 PM PDT
Help. I have copies of the maps from this book, but cant remember how I got them. I did not download from internet as there is no internet site on bottom of pages which there usually are. Can anyone tell me where or how I could have gotten these. It remains a mystery and is driving me crazy. Thanks. You can write me a ebarbara34@yahoo.com

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 9:32:25 AM PST
Somebody xeroxed them so they could hold them at the point they were reading not 25 pages away.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Coldest Winter: America and the Korean War
The Coldest Winter: America and the Korean War by David Halberstam (Hardcover - 2008)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (367)