Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 14, 2008
Bought this for my little musician when she was 6 months old, and now she's over a year and she still loves it. Great for tiny hands, exciting when they're very young, and still hilarious somehow when they're over 1.

I thought there would be 2 in the order, but only 1 comes. Also, don't wash these directly under water because water gets into the seams and the shakers get wet and won't shake. Instead, wipe clean with a wet one or some other kind of antibac wipe.

Oh and, they love to chew the handle, which is fine except it's this weird waffle design that's hard to clean. When the baby is very young and you clean everything all the time, it's a pain. Once they're older and you accept that babies put all kinds of nasty things in their mouths, you won't be so annoyed. I still clean all hard surfaces of my girl's toys with a wipe every night, but the little crevasses on this toy don't drive me batty anymore.

Good buy.
on April 8, 2010
I got this maraco for my 8 month little girl and was happy that we got a pink one. When I ordered this item I apparently did mot see the measurements, it was much smaller then I expected. Great for little hands but the price was a bit to much for a single tiny maraco.
VINE VOICEon February 18, 2010
These little maracas are perfect for little hands, and you can't beat the price! We purchased one for my daughter's 2nd birthday (along with a bunch of other instruments) and it's the perfect size for her. Even though the price is cheap these are very well made - very sturdy and have a great, solid sound and it feels very solid in your hand, not like cheap light plastic. I definitely recommend this if you have little ones who like to make music.
on April 9, 2012
I saw this at a friends house and it was the best baby shaker! I would give it 5 stars but I don't know why it's so expensive on Amazon! I got mine at Giggles, and for those of you who know that store - you know everything there sells for retail price and very $$$$! I paid 4 dollars for one and you can choose the color you want! So I paid 8 bucks for a set and it was a favorite toy for my daughter when she was young. It's made very well and sturdy plastic. The waffle like handle is perfect for little hands and it makes a sound when you shake it. It's also round all over so you know it's safe for them to play with. And this is one of those toys that you can keep for a long long time...
on November 30, 2012
Maybe I failed to read every detail about this item, but I was expecting to get an average size Maraca in the mail. When I opened the package, it was very very small lol. I was disappointed but only because I didn't double check the size. Overall its a good product though, my son enjoys it and that's all that matters :)
on February 11, 2013
My 9 month old loves to rattle this! Anything that he can shake he adores. This is perfect for his tiny hands too. Just wish you can choose the color, we received a pink one for my boy. OH well, just wish we could have chosen a different color.
on August 30, 2011
I bought this maracito for my 8.5 month old daughter when I noticed how much she loved the ones they had at daycare. We have several musical instruments for babies from this company and we're happy with them all. My daugther especially loves to shake and wave the maracito up high above her head. It fits so perfectly in her hand that she regularly brings it with her while crawling and moving around the house. I love that the toy has held up to her repeated and enthusiastic smashing of it down onto our ceramic tile floors and against our glass and metal end tables. I also love that Hohner's toys are made in Israel without PVC, phthalates, or other toxic substances (since, let's be honest, the toy spends a lot of time in her mouth). I see that other reviewers have been unhappy with the value for the maracito. For me, it's well worth $5 for the amount of use my daughter's gotten from it and for the peace of mind it gives me to not worry about what it's made from. I'm actually planning to buy a second so she can have one for each hand.
on January 30, 2013
This broke only after a few days of having it. It was dropped on our tile floor and the handle broke off. We went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a pair of other maracas, versus one, for half the price and much better quality. I would definitely Not buy this again.
on December 13, 2012
We bought this toy for our son who is 7 months. He LOVES it. He's great at shaking it and loves it when we shake it at different beats and dance around as a family. We've only had it for a short while but it has been a great purchase.

The only thing I wasn't expecting was the color we received was PINK. I expected red, blue, or green, as that is what is shown in the picture. We aren't concerned enough about the color to go through sending it back but I was a little disappointed. Overall, it's a little pricey but it's awfully fun, it fits well in our little guys hand, and we all enjoy it.
on April 10, 2012
I bought these for my daughter. They weren't out of the box 5 minutes and she was shaking away and smiling like crazy. They also make great teething toys. I got two of them, she tends to shake one and chew on the other.

See 1 answered question