Published on July 12, 2011 by B. Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars No longer use this.
Programmed ok. Just needed it for the real estate man when I sold the house.
Published 4 months ago by susie

5.0 out of 5 stars No need for the expensive precisiondoor service! Do it yourself!, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Marantec M3-2312 (315 MHz) 2-button Garage Door Opener Remote (Tools & Home Improvement)
I was renting a beach house when I inadvertently left the precisiondoor.net garage door opener in my swim trunks. Of course the unit no longer worked. I decided to do some research after contacting precisiondoor.net to see cost of replacement. $55 for the remote $50 for service tech to install. I was shocked. Did some more research and found precisiondoor uses marantex products rebranded to precision door! So I bought this and got it shipped overnight and installed in less than 2 minutes! I just activated the main garage door ceiling unit to "find" remotes by pressin the "P" button 3 times. Once it was in program "find" mode, I just held the larger marantec remote button down until there was a solid light. Then press the "P" button on the main garage door ceiling unit two more times and VIOLA! Worked good as new and spent less than $30 vs $105! The range was also great. Great product for those that own precision door products!!! It also comes with an add-on 3-pin program connector to program this remote with additional precisiondoor or marantec devices so you can have have more than 1 or have a more portable one than a large keypad unit!

I used this video link to install - [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great for omega matic OM-4500 (315MHZ) garage door, August 10, 2012
I look for a garage door remote to match with my omega matic OM-4500. After buying and try some, but I didn't.
Finally, I try this (Marantec M3-2312 315mhz), It's amazing. I took only few seconds to program it and it's done completely.
Thank you for this product, it includes the programming pin to connect the new and origin remote to program easily.
Once again, thanks for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah! it works!!, January 28, 2013
Recently purchased a rental property, and the seller didn't leave the openers. It took me a while to figure out that our garage door opener is a Marantec OEM type opener. It was branded for a local company. I went to the local company, and they wanted about $50 ea. for an opener, Universal type remotes won't work on these Marantec Openers. I found this opener for a great price on amazon and snatched it up. It wasn't too difficult to program it. In fact, somewhere in the reviews some one had posted the programming instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great-easy to set up, November 11, 2013
Works great! Replaced my old one and I just order a second one to replace my second old one. Works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to program and works as intended., August 22, 2012
When we moved to a new place it only came with one garage remote which was very inconvenient since we have 2 cars. I ordered this from amazon because it was such a good deal. Programming was very easy too. No need to open the remote. All you do is connect the included "pin" on one side of the remote and then connect the new remote so that they are side by side. Then you hold down the main button for your old remote and as you continue holding it down, you hold down the same button on the new remote. The LED on the new remote will start flashing but once it is solid, you can release both buttons on the remote and test out your new remote! That's really all there is to it. Only thing I didn't quite like is that it took a long time for this item to arrive, about 3 weeks, kinda too long for my taste, but at least I finally got it and it was brand new and included batteries (already installed), instruction manual, and the "pin" you need to program it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product as Described; Efficient delivery, August 1, 2012
This product was exactly as described. Very efficient delivery with instructions and contact info. if there were any questions. Price was 1/3 of what was offered in my local area. A great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ~, July 18, 2012
The Product Description didn't mean a thing to me. I ordered this strictly on the way it looks in the photo, which is just like the one that wasn't lost and after installing the batteries, it works perfectly. I'm so proud to have an opener for each car again!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy setup, November 19, 2010
I recently bought a foreclosure and the remotes were lost. I found these on Amazon, found the manual via google, and had them programmed to the main unit within 10 minutes when they came in (and I'm a girl! Ha!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping but instructions were lacking. I had to ..., August 20, 2014
Fast shipping but instructions were lacking. I had to call customer service to find out how to actually program it and this instruction worked:

•At the program head you are going to see a display of red LED lights; 1 through 8. Please look for the “P” button next.
•Press and hold the “P” button for 3 seconds and then let it go: you will see lights 8, 1 & 2 come on.
•Quickly press & release the “P” button 2 times until you see the #7 light.
•Press & hold down the button on the remote control that you want to program for 4 seconds.
•The # 7 light will flicker when it picks up the code from the remote. Let go of the remote control button.
•Press and release the “P” button one time to exit programming.

4.0 out of 5 stars The original and only one I could find that worked, October 14, 2014
Don't waste your money trying to buy a universal garage door opener like I did as Marantec is not compatible with any of them except this one apparently. It works great and there are good youtube instructions on how to program it but the clip to hold it on your visor is loose, or at least was on the one I received. We stuffed a torn piece of tissue behind it so it does not rattle anymore but is kind of annoying that there are no other options.