1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Double Masters in Engineering not enough to figure this remote out., December 29, 2010
This review is from: Marantz RC3001 Universal Pc Programmable/learning Remote (Electronics)
Marantz makes great receivers/amps. Sound wise no complaints. But they should fire everyone in their Remote Control Division. Purchased the SR8000 series receiver and this remote came with it for free. I was pretty excited to see this remote. But golly, programming this thing is pain in the a$$. I would like to be able to put in the manufacturer/model of my other devices and it should have all the codes in its database. Even EL-CHEAPO remotes offer that functionality. BUT noooooooo.. you have to go into the wizz it software and put in code for each button ONE AT A TIME. U Kidding me.

Its a great remote for someone who has brazillion hours cuz I can see this remote is ULTRA flexible. It will even make your coffee in the morning. But for the folks who have to work umpteen hours a day to pay for gadgets like these, this remote is a NO GO.

To top that a company like Marantz doesnt have someone I could talk to (in case i am missing something). Only online support via email. Thats a joke. I purchased a fifty dollar harmony remote 5 years ago and was able to get someone to walk me thru some of the issues I had. Googling this damn thing brings up 3 links... thats another wow for such an expensive remote.

Sorry to say, STAY FAR FAR away from this remote. Look at Harmony remotes. 1/3rd the cost and 100x user friendly and will almost do everything this thing does and tons of support out there.

Rate and Discover Movies