Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 23, 2013
I studied cooking with Marcella in Venice in 1991. What I learned from her forever changed how I approached Italian food and cooking in general. While it contains recipes, this book is more about her/her philosophy/and thoughts on cooking. Very well-written. It is a book which "contains" recipes, this book gives you more of a flavor of Marcella's opinions and tips re: cooking. When she died, I wanted to add "Marcella says..." to the other books of hers I already own.
on January 19, 2014
Nobody explains Italian cooking like Marcella Hazan. This is so much more than a cookbook -- it's a text book filled with wisdom, suggestions, and marvelous recipes. She has taught me so much about pairing pastas with sauces - when to use fresh and when dried pasta works best. I love learning from her and appreciate her explanations. I can find recipes online without having to buy a book, I want much more from a book. This one delivers.
on January 21, 2014
If you spend any time in the kitchen, or you want to start spending time in the kitchen, you need this book. It is a beautiful blend of Marcella's lifestory and her passion for food & her tried-and-true recipes. I learned so many new things from this book! I highly recommend. :)
on August 22, 2014
I love her and all her recipes. My mother was born in Italy and since I went to school and lived there also, I know what really good Italian food is all about. Marcella hits it all out of the park with this book!! I have all of her books and cook from them often.
on January 11, 2014
I purchased this book as a holiday gift for my myself. Like I need another cookbook, I really ended up liking this cookbook with home-style and nicely favored cooking.The book arrived quickly and safely packaged.
on October 5, 2013
Thank you for quick and efficient service and I love the book. It even includes Gelato recipe! I am very pleased. I will look for other books from your store.
on November 3, 2010
I love Marcella. Everything I have ever made has been excellent. In this book try the pan-roasted pork ribs... on page 298. Awesome!!!
on September 5, 2011
Thanks to Marcella for writing about the how as well as the what of Italian cooking, in general, and her recipes, in particular.
on June 17, 2010
Let start off by saying I got this book in the discounted books area, so for $9 this was a great deal. Has a nice assortment of some great recipes. Classic Italian recipes, good for someone who needs is not a super skilled home cook who is seeking good tasting dishes.
on July 12, 2014