March 22nd Release Date?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 21, 2013 10:11:21 AM PDT
S. Kamal says:
Amazon is showing a March 22nd release date for the PC download version of Bioshock Infinite. Is this true or is it just available to "pre-download" on the 22nd and unplayable until the 26th? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 11:01:49 AM PDT
JasonY says:
Bioshock Infinite uses Steamworks, so it doesn't matter when Amazon "releases" the game since it has to be downloaded and run via Steam. Steam release date is 25th, but maybe preloads start tomorrow. Otherwise, pretty odd for Amazon to release keys so early.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 5:02:25 AM PDT
John says:
Amazon does this all the time, they say the game is released when it's not. Steam is required and you can't play it until the 26th

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 11:38:09 AM PDT
How is this not false advertising?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 1:40:18 PM PDT
It's not false advertising. You know darn well when the game is going to be released officially. If Amazon wants to give you your download code early, they have the right to do so.
It's the same thing as if you buy a game that uses the internet, and it gets delivered early. Perhaps you can install the game early, but if the game company doesn't allow access to the server, that's not the fault of the person who delivered early.
Just be patient and be happy knowing you've got your game.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 3:27:49 PM PDT
JasonY says:
Just got my code a little more than an hour ago... preloading on Steam now. Can't wait to play next week! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 3:49:46 PM PDT
Lockjaw says:
Yeah, the product code just appeared in my games and software library on Amazon. Just input the key into Steam and it started preloading. Can't wait!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 3:56:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2013 3:59:10 PM PDT
Actually I didn't, and it didn't say "get your download code" it flat out says "download the game March 22nd"...or it did. It flat out says "Available Now" on the page...which is even worse. Although it now says "pre-load now/play later" in the title which is different than what it was. It's deceptive for sure, and not right.

Also, never said anything about amazon not being allowed to give us download codes ahead of time, they should be more clear of what you are actually buying as before they didn't indicate it (or at least didn't indicate it clearly).

Anyways never really pre-ordered anything from Amazon before but now I guess I'll be a bit more careful after this. Not a big deal, but def would have waiting to purchase had I known more.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 21, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
BioShock Infinite [Online Game Code]
BioShock Infinite [Online Game Code] by 2K
4.3 out of 5 stars   (754)