4 out of 5 stars
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$2.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 13, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
I love caveman-alpha heroes. I really do. And if he talks dirty to me, and has some over-the-top, jealous-possessive-obsessive tendencies, I'm pretty much hooked on the guy. At times, Marco might seem like a jerk. He is controlling in the extreme, and I do mean that. His attitude about the heroine is crazy-intense, and it almost screams Stalker! when he tells Natalie that she's never getting away from him.

Later he also tells her, "You're mine- all mine. Nobody else gets to touch you and you belong to me, body and soul. Outside of bed- you want something- you'll have it. Inside this bedroom- or anywhere else sex is involved- I say 'jump' and your pretty little lips need to beg me to tell you 'how high.' Got that?" And man, did this hit all my hot spots. It's not PC and it's not for every woman/reader, but almost everything he said got to me, and in a very good way. I can't tell you how many times I was highlighting quotes. They were all so aggressively male and just too dayum hot not to bookmark.

As for the heroine, she is young (24, and eight years younger than Marco). She's new in town, unemployed and looking for work. She's low on funds and is making do on her cousin's couch. I agree that she's the sweet and kind of innocent type, easily pliable where a ruthless, somewhat older and way more experienced man like Marco is concerned. But all these factors are what allows Marco to take advantage of Natalie and this situation. She hits the back of Marco's car while driving her cousin's car, on which the insurance has lapsed, and it's Marco's brilliant plan to use Natalie as domestic help in order to make restitution to him. But you know what kind of pay-back he really wants. He's intimidating, ruthless and determined to get his way.

There is very much this sexy feeling of coercion for me with this situation: do this and I won't do that. Clean my house, etc., and I won't sue you for damages. So, here you have Natalie pretty much at his beck and call, in his home and under his thumb. The sex is very hot, really arousing, lots of build-up and sexual tension with that man about to lose his cool at any given moment. He can be snarky and has a temper, too, and one point, he even chases Natalie to her bedroom after she calls him a deserved name and throws a pill bottle at him. He chases after her and is pounding on the door for her to open that door right THIS minute. I loved that scene.

My only quibbles: when Chapter 10 starts eight months later, this jarred me out of the afterglow of the previous scene, and also the epilogue. I like that the epilogue was many years down the line, but I must admit I wanted a bit more there. It needed a bit more attention or depth there for me personally. But really, I thought Marco's Redemption was a super-sexy read with one over-the-top hot alpha male hero, an alpha who's so territorial that he practically wants to keep the heroine under lock and key, and probably, barefoot and pregnant as well. I loved Marco, loved the dirty talk, loved the sexual tension, loved him being in control and so dominating in the bedroom and out. A super-fine, caveman alpha.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 14, 2012
Format: Kindle Edition
Natalie Lambert is new to the city, driving her cousins car she crashes into the back of Marco Donati's car. But there is a big problem her cousin has no insurance. Marco suggests a compromise Natalie can work as his housekeeper to pay off the debt. Living in Marco's penthouse, in such close proximity to this devastatingly handsome and charismatic man is hard going. When Marco makes it clear to Natalie that he wants her she is powerless to resist.

This story by the author is a sure fire winner for me. I love this authors hero's, and Marco does not disappoint. He's a walking talking sex machine, and dirty talk at that. He's to die for IMO. Natalie who seemed to be rather weak during their first meeting soon found her feet around him. Because however dominant Marco was, it was she who held all the power. Marco just couldn't get enough of her. At times he was totally overbearing and at others very vulnerable. Without giving too much away, I think one of my favourite parts is when Marco gets sick. I laughed out loud. My only complaint is I wanted a more detailed ending. I thought that was a little rushed. But make no mistake this is very well written. For me this author writes some of the best leading men in the business.

UPDATE 14/07/13
Since first reading this story, Lynda Chance has now made this title available in audiobook format. LC very kindly gifted me a copy for my honest opinion. I have listened and enjoyed audiobooks previously. LC is one of my favourite authors, and this is now another way to enjoy her work.
Read by Emily Beresford who manages perfectly to bring the story to life. I enjoyed this very much. So much so that I will most probably add more to my collection. Lets hope LC will make more of her titles available as audiobooks.
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
OK, I really loved this book.. this book hit me in all the right places.. many times.

Marco is the most alpha male possesive jerky super sexy insatable guy i've ever had the privilege to read about. He is possessive to the extream... and I love it. He is rich, sexy, goes after what he wants.. but --- Marco, deep deep down, does have a heart. Its just a very controlling heart.

Natalie.. she sweet, un-jaded and seriously short on money. She's petite and beautiful.. and when Marco first lays eyes on her he has the uncontrolable need to protect AND possess her.

They meet when Natalie accidently rear ends his very expensive car on the interstate.. she of course is driving a beat up un-insured hooptie. She has no way to pay him for the damages.. so he convinces her to move in with him and be his housekeeper while she works off the cost of the repairs.. Its all blazing chemistry and combustion from there.

Marco is the perfect book man for me.. so sexy and jerky and possessive.. I loved every minute of it. Whats even BETTER.. is there was no angst at all in this book...the chemistry was there from the beginning, they did something about it, they kept at it, they fell for each other, they admitted it , and you get your HEA. All of that and plus you get the man that would do anything to possess you and keep you happy and satisfied.

I will be re-reading this one again very soon. I'm just now done and I miss Marco already...
on January 1, 2013
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
This book started off so strong, that within the few pages I was seeing five stars, saying to myself that "this was going to a good read". But then, ______________________, yep, that's it, as dead as a flat line. Short as it was, I was bored.

I honestly wished the entire story was written in Marco's POV. The story was always more interesting from his side. Natalie was just too boring a character for me. Seriously boring. I think I've read about five pages of Natalie thinking about switching SIM cards from one phone to another. And let's not forget how much she trembles...and trembles...and trembles. Someone should lend her a coat, because this chick is always trembling.

What made this book so boring, however, is the author's inability to show instead of telling. All she did was tell us the things that happen instead of showing us. There is so little dialog and a heap of rambling that lends nothing to the plot. A plot that the author took no time whatsoever to develop. Everything was just rushed. Some scenes just end right in the middle of a conversation causing me wonder what on earth just happened. One minute we're in a scene and the next in minute, it's eight months later. After a couple pages in the `eight months later' scenes, it's suddenly seven years later.

I'm giving this story three stars because the author writes really well. I just wish she would show more instead of telling. Give us some action, throw in some interesting dialog, add an antagonist, do SOMETHING that will keep your readers whet.

This is my first book by this author and I noted majority of her books as short. I'm not sure if she's intimidated by writing a full length novel and believes she won't do a good job at it, but she should take the time it requires to write a full length novel that's interesting and grasping. As I said, she writes really well, she just need to take her time develop her characters and a gripping story.
Marco is such a good character, that I absolutely loved, but he was wasted on this lame story. Sucks.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 30, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
I read this book thinking the H would be an in-control guy who eventually fell for the h. No. He was a control freak to the max. He put a tracking device on her cell phone and would follow her any time she left his penthouse. He never showed any emotion at all except jealousy. He tells her at one point that they should get married so that other guys don't hit on her any more. How's that for a romantic proposal? He sort of gives her an engagement ring by tossing it on a dresser and walking away. He never tells her he loves her. He's a jerk. Plain and simple. As I was reading, I kept thinking how the H was raising red flags all over the place.

The book wasn't cohesive either. It skipped to eight months later out of nowhere. Then a page or two after that is the epilogue. Really, I don't understand all the great reviews. The the only redemption I saw was being able to finish the book and move on to something else.
on February 19, 2014
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
At 49%, I wish every now and then an h would have some morals. At this point in the story she realizes (at last) that things are going to get sexual because she can't resist the H due solely to his "hotness". Hopefully, after their HEA she won't someday leave him for the hot pool boy, but that's another book.
There's not going to be much of a pursuit, I guess.
100% now. Very psycho Alpha, but at least you now he loves her in his own obsessive way.
He'll probably go to prison when his daughters start dating someday.
on December 26, 2013
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of this one. The story wasn't very interesting and the author was too wordy. Plot points that could have been quickly executed with some dialogue were explained in long, descriptive passages with flowery wording and little content. It was obvious that Ms. Chance consulted a thesaurus one too many times. This one just didn't do it for me. The prose is too loose and unorganized.
on May 15, 2013
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
As other reviewers have said, the book starts off very strong, you get right into the characters, interesting set up and then....suddenly it's a deflated balloon. Our hero Marco- yeah, he's Mr. Alpha, dominant, possessive, jealous..into "depravity" he keeps telling us. But we are not given much of an "in" into his character and he ceased to interest me. Our heroine Natalie, nice girl next door who escapes a slimy situation at home with mom's boyfriend. She shows gumption, a survivor. And then, nothing. I wanted to know what she gets out of her relationship with Marco. What's her weakness and why does being with Marco make it better? Why is she drawn to him other than he is (yawn) so hot? But we get nothing. I liked that she tuned into him and wanted to make him feel better as he has lots of issues. But it wasn't enough. We are told about this, we don't really get to see it.

ANd yes there's lots of great tension and heat between the two culminating with them finally fooling around in his car on the way to a party....sizzling and very true to their characters. And after that....not a heck of a lot. I was astounded! That night when they got home we should have gotten a super hot bedroom scene, "finally", etc. But no. Suddenly we read "the next day" and I'm thinking, what happened to the evening??? If you are going to write a book with this subject matter and this type of guy, you cannot all of a sudden get discreet. I found this ridiculous!! (we get a couple other love scenes, but for the most part, the minute they get together, we don't see much, weeks and months go by we are told-- are you kidding me??) My point here is that from the first he understands that she is fresh and sweet and not very experienced. Once again the author is setting this up beautifully. We should be getting love scenes that bring both characters some change and growth here with themselves and connecting to each other. BUT NO! ???

THen Marco keeps spouting the usual Alpha stuff which are now cliches: You are mine, mine mine, bla bla bla. THere ceased to be an edge to him, suddenly he becomes a one note cutout. And yes he is drawn to her and shocks himself by falling in love with her. BUt we are told this, TOLD this, in his inner monologues. Sorry, I wanted to see them experience it. Not hear about it! Tedious and disappointing. I did like when he gives her the diamond jewelry, he wants to show her affection but is so uptight about it, but this moment sort of went nowhere as well. It's as if we finally get to the good part and the author backs away and rushes us to conclusion. The only big plot point is that he tracks her using gps in her cell phone and she switches out the sim card to trick him. OOOOOOHHHHH! I'm on the edge of my seat here.

As for other characters: I really thought there would be some sort of confrontation with her and her mother's boyfriend with Marco, etc. but no. We are introduced to a jealous, crabby ex-girlfriend, (opportunity!) but she fades away, then a couple that Marco used to share and swing with, but their effect on the plot is superficial at best(???!!) Total shame. Oh yes, Plot. There is none. Boy meets girl. BOy gets girl. Boy is jealous or something. End of story. Basically. WHY??? The author is a good writer that is why this makes this book a double disappointment!!! She sets up and goes nowhere with it. And I felt utterly cheated.

If you are interested in this sort of story with these sort of characters a much better and satisfying read and a hell of a ride is "Insufferable Proximity" by Z. Stefani. Read that! Sorry. (or just reread 50 shades)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 15, 2013
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
This book had so much potential. Readers that love alpha males would swoon over Marco's dominating personality, but the book was so rushed that i felt the author ran out of creativity. There are a few supporting characters that clashed with both Natalie and Marco and if the author had delved deeper or developed those story lines more, they couldve made for a lot of page-turning drama. The last half of the book ended way too quickly, felt way too rushed and was frankly a little unrealistic. I gave this book 3 stars because at least the first half was decent. More like 2 1/2 stars.
on December 18, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Seriously, if you're a Lynda Chance fan, don't hesitate to buy this book; you won't be disappointed. If you're not a Lynda Chance fan, but you're a fan of alpha males, you will not be disappointed with this book.

Marco is over the top possessive but he isn't a psycho, and Natalie is soft but she is no pushover; she gives as good as she gets.

I think this one falls into my top 3 favourite Lynda Chance books. Run, do not walk, to your "Click to Buy" button.