5.0 out of 5 stars 86 year old senior male jumps
Published on October 12, 2011 by Jerome Don

1.0 out of 5 stars uneven
Looks nice but when you unfold it and screw the legs in place you realize that 3 of them are too short (like mentioned in some other reviews). Actually the legs are not too short, the whole platform is built uneven. My kids would have loved to use it extensively right out of the box but it will go back to Amazon, because when using it the whole platform was moving from...
Published 17 months ago by drblacklion

5.0 out of 5 stars 86 year old senior male jumps, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
Received a week ago. No video instructions were included so I down loaded info from "Youtube". Recommended use is 10 minutes once or twice a day. I have opted for two minute sessions five a or six times a day. Was easy to assemble. Definitely has increased strength and balance even with limited use. It does wobble a little when not fully weighted. No shock at all on the knee or hip joints in spite of a hip operation several years ago. Have not yet used it rigorously but so far am immensely pleased with the results. Trampoline cover on the bed was slightly torn and factory is replacing it with no trouble.
Definitely is worth the price and results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't broken yet . . ., October 2, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
I got this mini-tramp a couple of months ago. I weigh 236 lbs., and the straps haven't broken yet, so that's good. This tramp is VERY quiet. It doesn't make a sound, which means you can use it late at night when other people are asleep. The only negative thing I would have to say about this "rebounder" (that's the hip term to use) is that it is quite difficult to unfold; it was for me anyway. It comes folded in two ways, and you've got to make sure it is completely unfolded the first way before you unfold it the second way, which for me, a robust stud of 44, was quite a challenge. For an elderly person it would be impossible. I didn't assemble the hand bar. My balance is bad but not that bad. If this rebounder breaks just like my other one did (different brand) I will be undating this review accordingly. Finding a rebounder rated for 250 lbs for this price was a good deal, and so far I'm happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
This is an extraordinarily inexpensive mini trampoline / rebounder, and it's a pretty good price for what you get.

Without the stability bar it feels very sturdy, and I could bounce comfortably. A bonus is that it does not make much noise. When the stability bar is added it does move a little, but not badly. I do not need the stability bar, but I have a 5yo son and knew keeping him off this would be virtually impossible. Instead of fighting it, I kept the stability bar on, and taught him to hold it while bouncing. He learned quickly to push himself down with his feet to get depth instead of height. He knows he can use it if I am in the room, so that has kept him content and satisfied his infatuation - he literally fell in love with it before I even got it out of the box. One caveat, the instructions say it's for over the age of 12 only, so I'm not necessarily recommending it for little kids - just pointing out how I solved issue with little kids and their trampoline worship. :)

It is foldable, however, it's difficult and I'm just leaving it up. If I remove the stability bar, it slides under the bed very easily.

As far as exercise goes, this is incredible - I really do feel like I'm getting a phenomenal workout with less time. I didn't realize the rebounders are supposed to be a little stiff, but I got used to it quickly. My workouts have been about 30 minutes, and I have it in front of the TV - since I love Jeopardy, the game show acts like my timer.

One tip - my knees and hips are bad from years of running, and occasionally I have pain while jumping. After researching, I found that bouncing while sitting (feet on the floor, knees high up) provides a fairly decent workout. When I start to sense discomfort, I switch to a sitting position, and add arm weights to compensate. I am *very* happy about finally having a strong cardio option since my joints have limited how far I can run these days. And I hate gyms.

So in summary, this is not a high-end rebounder, but it's a good buy for what you get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!!! For basic bouncing., December 11, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
This is a great product. Firstly, it was easy to assemble. I did it with my 10 yr old son in about 5 mins. It was literally a case of opening out the base until it clicked into place and then screwing on the 6 legs. The jumping space is larger than my son's mini trampoline. He has one by Yourk fitness. It is whisper quiet and the bounce is soft. I really like it. My son's is springs.. I much prefer the cords. The bounce is more comfortable for me. And for the price of this and free shipping I am certainly glad that I didn't shell out 3 or 4 times the money on a more expensive brand name. Super happy with this purchase. :)))
4/1/2013
I have had this product for a few weeks now and have graduated from basic bouncing to urban rebounding workouts (compilation 1, so they are basic workouts). The bounce on the marcy is too soft to allow me to keep up with the pace of the workouts. i am 5'6" and currently 158 lbs. after 30 mins i had to stop as I was feeling some pressure in my right ankle and I was going at a slower pace than the workout due to the softer bounce. whilst i was still dripping with sweat, i just generally felt that my workout wasn't as effective as it could have been. I tried it with sneakers and barefooted. No joy. So as much as i originally liked it, the marcy is not suited to what i want to do workout wise. I am giving it to my 67 yr old mom as it comes with a stabilizer bar for her to hold on to and she will just being doing basic bouncing to help improve her overall fitness and balance. she also likes the soft bounce of it. It helps too that she's only just over 100lbs in weight. I will go back to the urban rebounder to do their workouts. I think the reviewer who said you need their rebounder to do their workouts was right. the bounce is firmer and allows you to keep up with the routines on the dvd's. The marcy is quieter but its not suited to fast paced cardio workouts in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality and sturdiness, June 25, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
Assembled easily but will require 2 people if older or younger. Seems sturdy and stable. Used only for a month for just a few minutes a day by a 160 pounder and a 100 pounder. No wear, damage or stretching. Still works like new. Decent resilience and tautness. Will review again in 6 months. If it continues to hold up like this then it should be a 5 star. Only criticism is that the support bar is low, designed for short people (under 5 ft.).

5.0 out of 5 stars Using item for medical purposes, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
I purchased this item to have my 16 month old daughter, who has Cystic Fibrosis needing daily airway clearance/ respitory therapy, to use for 20 minutes twice a day. So far it is working out for her and I quite well... My hands and wrists aren't hurting as bad due to my carpal tunnel and doing her chest physical therapy by hand. She has a blast jumping up and down while holding on to my knees!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, June 3, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
I really like this. Given the elastic bands as opposed to steel springs, it is quiet, smooth and enjoyable to use. It sets up easily and folds up for convenient storage. Considering the price, it was a steal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice rebounder for the price, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
I believe this is a very decent rebounder for the price although ideally when purchasing a rebounder it is suggested to look for top quality rather than price. It seems very stirdy, the bands seems turdy although I'm not sure how long they will last. I have heard that non-spring rebounders do not last as long however they are less noisy and this will do until I can afford one of the more expensive models. I have more energy since using it, my body feels better. However in all honestly, I just don't buy that rebounders are easy on the joints, I don't care what quality they are. Yes, this is much easier on your joints if you were to compare this to jumping up and down on the ground for 10-45 min per session but will jumping on this daily for 15 minutes a day have any impact on your joints? I think it could especially if your don't listen to your body and take precautions. Not only the knee joints but the spine as well, you're doing a straight up and down motion on this. Because of this I have purchased a shock absorbant mat to put the rebounder on and I will mostly use it wearing shock absorbant shoes rather than barefoot. I still believe that there are truly remarkable health benefits that can be achieved from using a rebounder, it truly is a remarkable equipment able to workout every area of the body at the same time, promoting lymph flow and circulation, improving balance as well as being fun to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy, perfect for low impact workouts, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
I was looking for a mini-trampoline that I could incorproate with the Insanity program since I have bad knees and a back. This trampoline fits the bill. I'm working at a pretty intense rate and the mini-tramp holds up fine. I did not install the handrails since I wanted more room to use the space. I am jogging at a pretty fast pace on the trampoline and it I have no issues with support. At first I was worried it wouldn't hold up, but it's sturdy and I never feel unsafe on it. If you want something to ease up the impact of your workouts - this is a great option!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so glad it has a handle, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer (Sports)
Based on some of the reviews, I braced myself for disappointment just in case my big body crashed through the bottom of the trampoline after just a few jumps.
Nosureebob. This thing is nice. I weigh in about 190lbs and I'm short so I was braced to break this thing. But so far, after about two months, it's still nice and bouncy. I don't know the actual term for it but it's holding me up and still taking all of the shock off my joints during my aerobic "exercises." It's basically me just jumping up and down.
The handle bar is the best part. It keeps me from bouncing off into the wrong direction and killing myself. If you're not very coordinated and haven't had a lot of experience bouncing on things, I would recommend the handle bars

Marcy Cardio Trampoline Trainer