on September 18, 2012
Size Name: NGVerified Purchase
This tankless water heater is so easy to install! The instructions are hilarious and not helpful, but are not really needed anyway. If you have a gas hot water heater already you can use the existing ventilation system with the Marey tankless system. That saves hundreds of dollars! Our friend who knows a thing or two about plumbing removed the excess water piping to make things more tidy in our closet so he knew how to sweat the pipes and all of that, but if you wanted to use a flexible pipe to connect the existing pipes to the new system you could. The existing gas connector was not the same size as the threading on the Marey, but an adapter took care of that issue. We have to turn the water flow on the system way down so that it will ignite when I turn on the water since our home does not have very high water pressure. Since there are 3 knobs to adjust temperature and water flow you can find the perfect combination to suit your water pressure/heat needs. Total cost for product and extra parts with a friend helping us install was $265 and a chili dinner! Did I mention I love this heater!?!
on December 6, 2012
Size Name: LPGVerified Purchase
If you expect this thing to heat the water for your "Whole House," you are going to be disappointed.

On the other hand if your needs are one reasonably hot shower with a nice flow and/or a sink with hot water this is the unit for you.

This unit is perfect for one outdoor shower. The heater must be located outdoors according to code in my area, so you can't even use it in a house in most jurisdictions. For a Cabin, Hunter's or Poolside Shower, it delivers an endless stream of nice hot water. Yes, you can fill up your hot tub too.

The heater can only heat the water up so much as it passes through, so if you have extremely cold water going in you may wish to get a bigger unit.

Beware of Freeze! You will ruin the core quickly if you let water freeze in it.

Durability: decent but not great. Think cheap chinese: just good enough. Don't torque on the water and gas connections with your brute strength or you can easily snap them off as you tighten them.

Other than those many issues, this thing is cheap, quick and easy solution to many camper's problems.
on February 16, 2013
Size Name: NGVerified Purchase
I purchased this heater on end of October and received early November. Since my permit of construction and inspection of project, I installed on January and found doesn't ignite. I requested to Amazon to return but wasn't able because it's over 1 month from delivery. I called customer service but messaging only. I sent mail to the address on the manual, no answer.
finally I send email custmerservice@marey.com which on the messaging and lady came up and guided me troubleshoot very helpful. Finally I figured out problem is gas solenoid valve. Since It's only three month from purchase I thought should covered Manufacturer warranty. The lady asked me if I registered when purchased. I replied Not yet.
She told will be charged around $30 my warranty is void since I didn't registered within 1 month from purchase.
I never seen this kind of warranty ever.
but she replied that
"Our company is home based in Puerto Rico, and our customer service center is located in Texas. I can assure you that our warranty policy is legitimate and very common. The warranty is available for all of our units, and simply requires that they be registered for, which is a very common practice with several companies. Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing the part so that I can assist you as best as possible."

No warranty if you not register with in one month!!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 26, 2013
Size Name: LPG
After installing the unit, turned on the hot water. The unit fired up and after about 30 seconds it started to make a popping sound and shut down. I thought it might just be the propane bleeding air out of the system but when I tried it a few more times, I got the same results. I called Marey, got voice mail, left a message and after 2 days of no response, I e-mailed the company. It has been 2 more days and still no response.
on May 6, 2013
Size Name: NGVerified Purchase
I will never run out of hot water again with this tankless water heater. Shouldn't have to worry about the tank leaking someday, as there is no tank. It heats water as you need it and shuts off when you shut the water off. There is not pilot light in my natural gas version so there is no waste there. There is no hot air going up the stack. Saves money all around and is very fast and convenient. Installed it myself with just a few basic tools. Can't believe how much space it saved. Unit is barely larger than a couple of shoe boxes. Looks nice too and is very cost effective.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 30, 2012
Size Name: NGVerified Purchase
GPM not correctly rated. Flow has to be restricted too much for my liking to get flow switch to work on a city system, Other than that works great supplying endless hot water.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 21, 2012
Size Name: LPGVerified Purchase
Extremely hot, dangerous around children and seniors. It is either very hot or cold. You can not adjust the temperature. You need too great of a water flow to engage the heater, so you can not turn it down to below half way without the flame going out, so if you try to add cold water to moderate the temperature the cold water has to be wide open.

When the heater is engaged, you can only use one faucet at a time. It will not run two faucets at a time, and definitely not the whole house, as advertised.

When we complained to the company, they sent us a spring to replace internally. It did nothing. When we asked if we could get a refund, they said the 30 days were up, so the best they can do is replace it, but we were responsible for the shipping.

We went over the 30 days because we had to wait for the spring. Prior to our receiving the spring, the company salesperson advised they would do anything we wanted to make us satisfied, including refund the money, he just wanted our review to be positive, because we were hurting his sales, and his job was at stake. He called the house several times to pressure us to remove the review. When we removed the review and the spring did not correct the problem, no one would help us.

This installation has cost us the price of the unit, plus $87.81 in materials required for the installation, and many hours of frustration. What we have is a unit that does not work and a company that does not sell what they advertise.

They do not have any instruction manual or help page on the web. The only help you get is to call them, but they do not help.

If the flame was adjustable, it is possible this unit would work for one faucet.
on September 23, 2013
Size Name: LPGVerified Purchase
Edit*** Lol. If you actually read the recent 5 star reviews they are so fake soundjng. Marey is a POS and noone would write a good review in the format they have!!!!!

I urge you to buy a different product. The product ships out from Marey, but you purchase it from Shinning Star. So not only do you have two different companies you have to work with for returns/repairs, but they are by far the worst customer service i've ever experienced. I recieved item and it did not work, so they sent parts (Instead of refund), the parts didn't fix the problem. So I informed them I wanted to return and I would just order from someone else. They said I had to pay the return shipping and would only refund shipping if they found something wrong with it. After fighting with them over that I ending up paying $45.00 (packaging, shipping) to return item.
After they recieved item, they said it was past their warrenty period so I need to pay $35.00 to get it diagnosed and then return shipping to me. Customer service is worthless there. Amazon wont do anything because one of their conditions was contacting within 14 days, and I had to pay to get this unit installed and it took 2 weeks alone to schedule a contractor to come do it. Also I had to wait for my husband to get home (he's gone 3 weeks a month) to take it down so I could send it back. This was a huge inconvience and I hope it doesn't happen to someone else.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 24, 2014
Size Name: LPGVerified Purchase
I really like this water heater. It's not perfect but it does the job well for the money and while I'm sure a $700 heater would be better I figure I can use the $500 I saved buying this good heater for something else :)

Pros: No electricity needed, just a battery, easy to hook up and start using, makes the water REALLY hot. Works great for kitchen and shower.
Cons: Poor flow (1/2" or smaller piping), terrible drain valve, chinese construction that isn't easy to repair.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 28, 2012
Size Name: LPGVerified Purchase
The product was not 3.1 gals it was 2.7 gal/min but it seems to work ok for my shower. I have my doubts it would run a 3 bathroom house as it stated. the company who sold it did contact me and appologized and said they didn't write the specs for it. I would recommend this unit to someone with one bathroom and it seems very efficient to run so far.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations