5.0 out of 5 stars The best gardening book I've read
Published on August 8, 2010 by Jody Hutchinson

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start for beginners...
Published 15 months ago by Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gardening book I've read, August 8, 2010
This review is from: Marijuana Grower's Handbook: Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation (Paperback)
Ed's new book: Marijuana Grower's Handbook is the best. It has very detailed information on every aspect of growing cannabis. I like that the book is very linear and has sections like water and nutrients. It is very easy to pick out a chapter for study and then apply it to the garden. I just saw Ed yesterday at HempCon San Jose and he is one passionate guy. He rallied the troops for Prop. 19 and answered every garden question from the audience. What an enthusiastic guy. By the way, I purchased the book at a hydroponics store and the cover split right away. I was given a free copy that Ed autographed! Nice!
I also like that the book spends time on outdoor gardens. This is a vital part of gardening. Most cannabis schools don't spend any time on this and I think it's not fair. There are many outdoor growers and it's nice to know that Ed is there for us, too. I have had many questions on growing and this book is a great resource. The cannabis industry is changing rapidly and it's great to have a champion like Ed Rosenthal. Buy this book and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally all i need in one book, July 14, 2010
ed finally did it, i have been reading his books for years, but finally an easy to read bible with all the stuff you need to grow sticky nugs. atmosphere, varieties, humidity, lighting. cloning, curing many different systems that all work, really a masterpiece.this is not a compilation of previous books, the ganja guru has started from scratch. this is by far the best yet on the subject. A MUST HAVE BOOK

5.0 out of 5 stars buy the book, July 27, 2010
this is by FAR!!!the best book on the subject so far....love it, if you get one book on growing you have to get this one. I own Jorge Cervantes medical marajuana grow book, Soma's book and a few others and this one is the one. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endorsed by the American Medical Marijuana Association, June 11, 2010
If you only own one book about cannabis, this is the one to have. That's because it is so extraordinarily comprehensive. No wonder it is used as an official course book at Oaksterdam University, Seriously, this work is encyclopedic in scope, covering every conceivable aspect of cannabis botany, cultivation and use. On behalf of the patients, physicians, nurses, attorneys, and dedicated activists of the American Medical Marijuana Association, it is my pleasure to recommend this outstanding and historic book by Ed Rosenthal. The American Medical Marijuana Association has been fighting for the rights of patients since 1999.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comprehensive gardening book I have ever seen!, July 22, 2010
I received Ed's latest book in the mail on Monday, "The Marijuana Growers Handbook". I finally got a chance to sit-down with it last night. I Love It! Ed, Jane and all the folks at Quick Trading have put together the single best resource I have ever seen! It's an extremely well crafted and thought out book. These guys do it better than anyone! Everything flows easily from one section to the next, it's beautifully written with hundreds of stunning images and illustrations. Ed has penned this book with the average reader in mind. Starting with his easy to understand, detailed explanations of some very complex science, this is Book will be the standard by which all others are measured.

Buy this book! You won't be disappointed, its the best value out there. The Growers Handbook is filled with everything you need to know about gardening - not to mention, its a good read! With Ed's laid back writing style and attention to detail. This "how To Book" becomes a hard to put down all in one resource material. I've only had my copy for a week and already I've refrenced it so many times that I'm thinking I should have a second copy! if I keep it up, this book will folded, spindled, dogeared and highlited into shreds before the end of this summer!. Marijuana Growers Handbook is for everyone - from the beginner to the professional. If I could have only one book in my library giving me the skills necessary for the successful cultivation of Cannabis, this would be it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners, August 23, 2010
Not knowing a thing about growing, I purchased this book and was so glad I did. It covers everything, from seeds to clones, from grow rooms to curing. Most books just assume you know how to do the basics. This book takes you step by step through the growing process. I highly recommend this book, especially if you are a novice.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start for beginners..., August 18, 2013
Joe "Joe" (Puyallup, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I had a copy of Jorge Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture Medical Grow Bible, and the information in that book was a bit more detailed in terms of setting up a garden, understanding the needs of the plants, and even offers a section on genetics and breeding. Knowing how prominent Ed Rosenthal is as a grower, I was a bit disappointed at the content of the book. For example, there is an entire section dedicated to explaining how terpenoids, THC and THC-delta9 affect the brain, and how those effects are perceived. In that same section, it outlines the different isomeric structures of the THC molecule. When I moved on to find detailed information on the curing process, I found a basic two to three page section that barely describes one of the most important processes in producing medical cannabis. The section devotes more time to the expensive gadgets that are used to trim the flowers, and barely covers what the buds will do while curing. Personally, I think it would be a better investment to go with Jorge Cervantes' book and dvd.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of info, too much for the closet grower, June 15, 2010
This book is decent, but for a small closet grower like myself, I found it lacking. The scope of the book is meant to cover every type of grower, which isn't ideal. It also has a lot of information that's interesting, but not focused on the little guy. That doesn't make it a bad book, but not exactly what I was needing. Not everyone needs to work through a college course to grow good bud and at some point its just information overload.

I also have to comment on some of these reviews where they trash Jorge Cervantes (giving his great reference book 1 star) and then giving this book five stars and those are the only two reviews from this guy. It's pretty obvious where this is coming from and only adds to Ed's poor reputation in all things business related. Let your book stand on its own without the trash talk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Detailed Book, December 8, 2010
This book is fantastic. For anyone seriously considering cultivating marijuana, I'd strongly suggest you purchase this book. The pictures are beautiful, the information is accurate and very detailed. Very helpful for novice and skilled growers. I will be learning quite a lot from this book seeing as though it's quite lengthy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only growbook you will ever need..., May 28, 2010
AEIOUY (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I was going to review this book myself, but I came across the famous breeder Subcool's review, couldn't have put it better myself:

I received Ed's new revised book today and I was so impressed with the vast amount of information it contains and I wanted to give you guys a brief overview of The Book. I am very happy to be a contributor of course but seriously Ed has outdone himself this time and this is nice body of work.

I asked Ed last year what his goal was. He explained that the original was written so long ago that technology was out of date and he wanted to update the book to incorporate all the latest technology both products and methods. Let's face it, Ed has inspired a huge number of people to grow their own and in doing so he advanced what we know about Cannabis gardening by experimentation alone. Now Ed has absorbed all this info and laid it out in a usable form with more pictures than I expected. I am working on my own grow book and I have some idea what it takes and let me tell you Ed left nothing un-discussed in this book and as a reference book I will recommend no other from this point forward!

Highlights for me include the dedication which is to the Late Great Jack Herer, the Forword by Tommy Chong, and finally a preface by Keith Stroup. You know you have a serious grow book in your hands from the get go.

In Ed's Introduction Ed warns us "WARNING: Although using marijuana may not be addictive, growing it is." DAMN RIGHT ED! I agree completely.

I am blown away that to introduce Part one "Marijuana the Plant" Ed choose one of my favorite creations to illustrate the first page. My Space Bomb adorns a full page. As I read through the book I totally get the impression this is a text book just like you would learn from in school with stunning pictures and easy to read sections.

The book goes into detail about cannabis terpenes and their interactions with the human brain. I am very impressed with the detail of this new information. He covers the three types of cannabis in such detail that I can't wait to finish this review and actually read this book from cover to cover. I am not saying this because Ed's my editor you guys know I say what I mean and I have held Ed to task before but he really did a good job and I hope everyone doesn't take this for granted and actually grabs a copy and uses it like we all did in the old days when it was the only information we had. THIS IS NOT THE SAME BOOK.

There is a section on landraces, then a section on current varieties, the life cycle is covered, sexing plants, light spectrums, nutrient deficiencies, equipment, LED lights, trimming machines on and on it goes every page packed with information and pictures.

It goes on to cover harvest, curing, hash making, indoor, outdoor, and everything in between-- especially new equipment and the latest current info appear to have been gathered and used to complete this guide.

I whole heartily endorse this book as a reference book and I may take heat for not reading the complete book before writing this review but anyone that picks it up is going to be impressed and I know Ed is very proud of this work as he should be.

Sub