Mario Batali 6-Quart Italian Enamel-on-Cast-Iron Essentials Pot, Persimmon
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 6-quart pot made of cast iron with porcelain-enamel interior and exterior
- 2 looping side handles ensure safe transport to and from the oven
- Self-basting spikes on interior of close-fitting lid; cast stainless lid knob
- Washing by hand recommended; oven-safe up to 500 degrees F
- Measures 13 by 13 by 7 inches; limited lifetime warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
After reading the reviews I went ahead and ordered the dutch oven in persimmon. To my delight this pan more than fulfilled my expectations based on other reviewers opinions. The color is gorgeous!. It is a hefty pan that more than stands up to Le Creuset in most areas. The smooth enamel lining over cast iron is slow to heat, but once ready it cooks evenly and with a minimum of sticking. Spraying the interior with a light coating of PAM avoids most of the sticking problem. The enamel allows me to cook the tomato based pasta sauces I love, which require long slow cooking, without interacting with the tomato acids.
The lid is tight fitting, creating a good tight seal needed for slow braising of tougher cuts of meat. Coq au vin, chicken and dumplings or a fine cacciatore can all comfortably be created using this high quality cookware. Based on my experience with this particular pan, I am going to purchase a larger one for homemade soups, which normally in winter I start early in the morning and simmer all day. Just set it on low after the initial medium setting to sautee your vegetables, add your stock, lower the heat, and cover.
Clean up on this pan is very quick and easy. You must let this pan cool completely before washing to prevent warping-the only drawback to this cookware. But once cool, anything that may have stuck is easily removed using hot sudsy water.Read more ›
It was with some skepticism that I opened the box, but when I did: wow! In terms of construction and weight, it is indistinguishable from Le Creuset. It's even manufactured in the exact same manner (cast from an individual sand mold). The quality is excellent, and I absolutely LOVE the color. If you own a lot of Le Creuset, you start to get tired of the same colors (blue, flame, red, dune...).
I made a slow-braised ropa vieja last night, which turned out beautifully. I am thrilled with this purchase!
1) HEAVY enameling over interior & exterior. Sharp bones posed no problem as does a hard scouring w/ "firm green pad". Enamel didn't chip when the dome lid was dropped onto a very hard tile floor.
2) Dome lid is impregnated with "spikes" to provide a means of self-basting when droplets of fluid condensation/evaporation fall back into the pot. A well accepted function.
3) Three plastic inserts which, when draped over rim of pot, will suspend inverted dome from touching oven thus preventing scratching the enamel when stored.
4) Withstood 500 degree temperature without realizing any loss of performance.
5) Even heating throughout. No dead spots.
6) Washes easily and does not stain after eight uses of tomato based recipes.
7) Heavy cast iron keeps food warm for quite a while w/o any heat induction. You may enjoy warm second helpings!
8) I will consider this item as a gift to my serious cooking friends and wish I had bought this unit earlier than I did. Very pleased!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was a gift and it arrived on time. I have received thanks for a well used product. Would order again.Published 6 months ago by Miss J
easy to clean, mine has taken to seasoning well. The lid is hard to clean on the inside but you figure it out after you destroy sponges.Published 15 months ago by super.shopper
My wife loves it and used it all the time. The heaviness of it keeps me fit.Published 16 months ago by james w hubschman
Love this pot, bought it on Amazon 5 years ago. Use it a lot! Great for lamb shank stew. I can cook on stove or oven. I also bought the lasagna pan. Read morePublished on July 28, 2011 by Cathy Odom
great pot. got it for my grandma who cooks (and is simply the best cook ever). she loves it. and i love the results.Published on May 13, 2011 by jeeves
I researched enamel dutch ovens for a long time, hoping to find a quality pot for a great value, and this pot is exactly that. Read morePublished on January 1, 2011 by Rookie
Bought this pot on the cheap. Great Dutch oven has produced braised short ribs, Oxtails etc. Better than some of the popular expensive brands...... I recommendPublished on December 13, 2010 by Dr. Love
Great pan, poor quality enamel. Returned item because it was pitted and ordered a different one at Bed Bath and Beyond (for half the price).Published on August 5, 2010 by arizona
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.