Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Mario Kart 7 forum

Mario Kart 7???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2011 10:26:02 AM PDT
meganick says:
Does anyone else find it odd that this is the only numbered Mario Kart game in the entire series?

(You can't really count Mario Kart 64 though)

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 11:52:24 AM PDT
M. Henzel says:
I want Mario Kart 63 and a 1/3rd! :P

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 12:42:42 PM PDT
thinker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 1:26:07 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2011 1:43:06 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
It's a reoccurring theme with Mario Kart games (starting with Mario Kart Super Circuit) to include a selection of
classic tracks along with all new tracks.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 11:09:04 PM PDT
v7torSFC says:
They've actually announced a few additions to this game already. Last night Nintendo announced 2 new characters (they said more will be announced alter) which are Metal Mario and Lakitu. They also said there will be several new items and the one they showed off is the fire flower will let the player shoot out fireballs by pressing a button. The game will also support a new first person behind the wheel gyroscope mode which looks pretty fun. It will have 8 player local and wifi and support both the spotpass and streetpass modes with ghost data and race profiles. Last but not least they announced there will be 16 new tracks on top of however many they are bringing back and some of them have unique designs. The Wuhu island track is only 1 long lap instead of 3 which I can't remember them doing before so it looks like we have a lot of new content to expect.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 5:08:21 PM PDT
thinker says:
Also two other new items are the super leaf, and a number 7. I don't know what they do though.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 8:39:48 PM PDT
Dave says:
Theres also a Super Leaf, a Blue Shell with no wings but just spikes, and the weird 7 power up (rumor has it if you're in 7th place you get the this power up)
And i bet the games numbered 7 because of this powerup.

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 7:18:50 PM PDT
Unknown says:
It's named Mario Kart 7 so people couldn't easily confuse this with Mario Kart DS, which more people would buy since it's cheaper. Also, it worked for Windows. ;)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:09:54 PM PDT
H. Amireh says:
because its the 7th mario cart console game

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 2:59:47 AM PDT
It's Mario Kart 7 because it's the 7th Mario Kart game. Mario Kart (SNES) (1), Mario Kart 64 (2), Mario Kart Double Dash (GC) (3), Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)(4), Mario Kart DS (5), Mario Kart Wii (6), and now this game (7!)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 1:16:43 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
They aren't counting Mario Kart GP 1 or 2 (arcade games).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2011 4:55:48 PM PDT
I heard they are going to have Lakitu as a racer this time, and the fire flower will be a power up as well. I am looking for something really wild, and another addictive race to the finish line from the Mario team.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2011 8:08:34 PM PDT
Unknown says:
Metal Mario is also a character.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 2:29:45 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
And Retro studios, of Metroid Prime fame, are working with Nintendo on this game, so it is sure to be rock solid ^^ Let's hope Retro make a new Metroid 3DS !

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 5:06:38 AM PDT
This game gives me a nerdgasm, Mario Kart with great graphics on the go and online play is gonna be sweet ^^

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 1:21:12 PM PDT
I hope there aren't 12 racers per race this time. That was way too chaotic and the biggest reason why I didn't like Mario Kart Wii very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 3:09:27 PM PDT
C. Jacobson says:
I think the limit is 8. Pretty sure that was said in the video that also announced Metal Mario, Lakitu, and the fireball item.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 5:41:55 PM PDT
H. Amireh says:
it would be awesome if you could choose the amount of racers, from 2-12

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 3:30:30 AM PDT
also add in the hangglider and sub modes, and the races will be all over the place

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 10:05:43 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
I'll be happy as long as the weapons are more balanced than in MK Wii, pretty sure I'll just be happy anyway ^^

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 1:38:47 PM PDT
Foe me, I know Nintendo will keep on knocking it out of the park. The way that Mario Kart has been able to grow brilliantly, especially with what had been great of the last 2 Mario Karts (Mario Kart Wii & Mario Kart DS) online gaming and well-driven multiplayer action. I just hope the motion control doesn't feel a bit shaky like it did in Mario Kart Wii.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 4:53:15 PM PDT
Just wondering, I saw a moment in the TGS trailer where the game switches to first-person view. It also looked like the player was using the gyro-sensor to steer. Has there been any confirmation of that feature for MK7?

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 6:49:46 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
Yup, it's shown now on the Wii Channel developer interview, it looks awesome ^^

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 5:56:36 PM PDT
I hope the gyro-sensor makes it easier to control than Mario Kart Wii was with the Wii-mote.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mario Kart 7 forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7 by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,090)