5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wii game ever
Published on November 16, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING TO NEW BUYERS AFTER May 20, 2014..
All games with blue WI-FI logo will no longer be online, and this game is no exception. It is a fun game, but you won't be able to play online anymore..just a friendly warning to anyone who purchases this, btw, this should lower the price eventually since some of the features of this game no longer work..
Published 3 months ago by Kathryn Mccauley

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wii game ever, November 16, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I think this is the best Wii game EVER. I have been playing mariokart since the SNES and I was disapointed with the weak N64 version of the game. I have to say that they have created another masterpiece with this installment. My 2 year old son sits and cheers (literally) while I play. I would not normally promote playing video games instead of parenting, but he LOVES it. I have been playing the game for a year or more and I am still "unlocking" new features. This game is very, very replayable. It's worth every penny and more.

I give it five stars and two thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mario Kart Game, September 8, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game for my grandchildren and they love it. Can't peel them away from the TV. They love for me to play with them, even thought I'm not much good at it, I enjoy playing with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-get for anyone with kids, September 26, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mario Kart Wii (Video Game)
Gameplay is fluid and easy. My 7, 5 and 3 year olds all play the game daily (my 5 year old is obsessed). Fun effects and sounds, multiple vehicles and characters to choose from. Music and sound effects are not annoying as they are on so many shows and games we're stuck listing to or watching. It's worth getting the Wii steering wheel separately. It really isn't necessary, but it's only like $10 (it's just a piece of plastic to hold the controller), and the kids love having it. Very highly recommend the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best mario kart games, April 4, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you are like me, you have played every Mario Kart game from SNES version to the Wii version. This one is my favorite because they keep getting better. Adding the steering wheel to the game really adds to the fun factor but you can play this without the steering wheel or you can use a non-motion controllers as well (such as a GameCube controller or classic Wii controller).

Gameplay: Race around with up to 4 players in grand pri mode with solo or team races, or battle it out in battle mode with loads of options including traditionally balloon battle, coin battle, king of the hill (keep the star as long as possible) and a few other modes. Single player mode adds time trial to mix and if you are online, you can race against a ghost of another player's fastest time. There are more racing levels than ever before. You get 16 retro courses from previous Mario Kart games and 16 new courses. Loads of characters to choose from and you can un-lock a hand full of extra characters by accomplishing certain tasks.

Graphics: typical Wii and Mario fashion.

Sound: again, same as tradition Mario Kart fashion.

Replayability: I find myself playing single player mode a lot but the real treat is when I have family over to hash it out in 4 player mode. It's worth picking up 4 racing wheels for this game. You can get some cheap combo packs but I wouldn't recommend buying them at Gamestop since 1 will cost you as much as 2 on Amazon.

If you like the Mario Kart games, you won't be disappointed with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars ***Warning: Online Play Will End May 20, 2014***, May 11, 2014
This review is from: Mario Kart Wii (Video Game)
For those of you looking to purchase Mario Kart Wii for the online gaming portion, you will be soon out of luck as Nintendo will shut down its servers for this purpose. Just a friendly warning to consumers who are not aware of this fact. Yes, Mario Kart Wii is a fun game. But the online play is the charm of this game. I must admit that I really enjoyed the chaotic competition that this game offered. This game relied on finger dexterity skills but at the same time it was about luck. I am very disappointed in Nintendo's decision but I guess each console has its end-of-life when the servers are shut down (see Xbox and Playstation 2). If you don't care about the online gaming portion, please proceed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, May 15, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a great game. Buying this game used is the way to go to save money.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing game!!!, September 29, 2011
A Kid's Review
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Mario Kart is a fascinating, five-star video game. I love that it has so many characters. It also has a variety of vehicles. Up to four players can play together. You can unlock new cups, vehicles, and characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but it could have been better., October 10, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Mario Kart Wii does a lot of things right. There are lot of reasons that one might say to himself, "This is the best kart racing game ever." And given its endless list of things you can do, it may well be. I wouldn't know as I haven't played them all. But when you look closer at Mario Kart Wii, there are a few glaring problems with the game.

The Good:

All of these tracks are good. There are 32 that I've encountered. Many have the sorts of alternate routes we've come to love and there are plenty of places to do little tricks for speed boosts. Consequently, driving the karts are pretty enjoyable. The great design of these tracks make the Time Trial mode all the better. Half of the tracks are from older Mario Kart games, which is good for two reasons: 1) Nostalgia is good. 2) You can play your favorite old school SMK tracks online now. Neat.

It has a pretty vibrant online mode. It's been out for two or three years now, but people never seem to tire of Mario Kart. It's awesome. It should be said that many folks who play this are extremely good, so veteran kart racers will find no shortage of competition.

There two ways you can turn (or drift, as the game calls it). The automatic method is easy and for the most part makes braking unnecessary. The manual method plays like a cross between the original Super Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing for N64. You get a little "reward" in the form of a speed boost for using it on curves. This option is good because it adds even more depth to a game that's already immersed with it.

Speaking of Diddy Kong, by the way: He's here once you unlock him. There are lot of unlockable characters and vehicles in this game.

I could go on an on, but there's so much ramble about in the game's favor.

The Bad:

When you're in groups with other people playing online, there is no form of communication at all. I didn't expect anything in the way of voice chat (after all, it is Nintendo we're talking about), but a something akin to a system of predetermined emotes would have went a long way in making the online mode feel like you're playing with human beings.

I think that it would have been so much better if Mario Kart Wii had focused more on racing and less on the powerups. This is almost inexcusable: When I'm winning, the Blue Turtle shell of death will come. And when I'm losing, I can rest assured that sixteen million Mushrooms will come my way and get me back in the race. This game actually punishes you for being good at it. It would have been so much better if items like Bullet Bill and the Shell were just rare and didn't spawn in relation to your position.

I compared the manual drift to DKR's, earlier. Mario Kart Wii would have been PERFECT if it had just taken a few more cues from that game or even earlier Mario Karts. It's good for everything that it has, but the actual racing experience is somewhat lacking due to all of the powerups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply same as we expected, December 1, 2010
Gina Rodriguez (MIAMI, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The used CD was in the same condittions described by the seller, very good. My son enjoyed it very much. He is very happy with the game. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, February 6, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
good game fun to play. thanks for the fast delievery of a great product. i would recommend to all ages

Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart Wii by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
$39.99 $32.47