Format: Video Game|Change

on November 16, 2009
I think this is the best Wii game EVER. I have been playing mariokart since the SNES and I was disapointed with the weak N64 version of the game. I have to say that they have created another masterpiece with this installment. My 2 year old son sits and cheers (literally) while I play. I would not normally promote playing video games instead of parenting, but he LOVES it. I have been playing the game for a year or more and I am still "unlocking" new features. This game is very, very replayable. It's worth every penny and more.

I give it five stars and two thumbs up.
88 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2009
I bought this game for my grandchildren and they love it. Can't peel them away from the TV. They love for me to play with them, even thought I'm not much good at it, I enjoy playing with them.
on April 4, 2011
If you are like me, you have played every Mario Kart game from SNES version to the Wii version. This one is my favorite because they keep getting better. Adding the steering wheel to the game really adds to the fun factor but you can play this without the steering wheel or you can use a non-motion controllers as well (such as a GameCube controller or classic Wii controller).

Gameplay: Race around with up to 4 players in grand pri mode with solo or team races, or battle it out in battle mode with loads of options including traditionally balloon battle, coin battle, king of the hill (keep the star as long as possible) and a few other modes. Single player mode adds time trial to mix and if you are online, you can race against a ghost of another player's fastest time. There are more racing levels than ever before. You get 16 retro courses from previous Mario Kart games and 16 new courses. Loads of characters to choose from and you can un-lock a hand full of extra characters by accomplishing certain tasks.

Graphics: typical Wii and Mario fashion.

Sound: again, same as tradition Mario Kart fashion.

Replayability: I find myself playing single player mode a lot but the real treat is when I have family over to hash it out in 4 player mode. It's worth picking up 4 racing wheels for this game. You can get some cheap combo packs but I wouldn't recommend buying them at Gamestop since 1 will cost you as much as 2 on Amazon.

If you like the Mario Kart games, you won't be disappointed with this one.
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2012
Gameplay is fluid and easy. My 7, 5 and 3 year olds all play the game daily (my 5 year old is obsessed). Fun effects and sounds, multiple vehicles and characters to choose from. Music and sound effects are not annoying as they are on so many shows and games we're stuck listing to or watching. It's worth getting the Wii steering wheel separately. It really isn't necessary, but it's only like $10 (it's just a piece of plastic to hold the controller), and the kids love having it. Very highly recommend the game.
on May 11, 2014
For those of you looking to purchase Mario Kart Wii for the online gaming portion, you will be soon out of luck as Nintendo will shut down its servers for this purpose. Just a friendly warning to consumers who are not aware of this fact. Yes, Mario Kart Wii is a fun game. But the online play is the charm of this game. I must admit that I really enjoyed the chaotic competition that this game offered. This game relied on finger dexterity skills but at the same time it was about luck. I am very disappointed in Nintendo's decision but I guess each console has its end-of-life when the servers are shut down (see Xbox and Playstation 2). If you don't care about the online gaming portion, please proceed.
on May 23, 2014
All games with blue WI-FI logo will no longer be online, and this game is no exception. It is a fun game, but you won't be able to play online anymore..just a friendly warning to anyone who purchases this, btw, this should lower the price eventually since some of the features of this game no longer work..
on November 8, 2014
I've played every single Mario kart game and loved every single one of them. This is no exception. There isnt anything quite like sitting down a couple of your friends and playing a few rounds and then departing ways as hated adversaries. More so in this game than in others, i find that your place is never safe. I've personally been about to win a race only to be smacked five times in a row by various things and then end up taking sixth place while screaming in rage. It's a fun game, and i enjoy it. If you like mario kart, its a must- have, and i also highly recommend that you get one or two of the wheels for the game - they make driving much easier.
on January 14, 2015
My kids had so much fun with this game I had to force them to stop playing it. My oldest has a natural ability to figure out driving games. My youngest just likes to watch stuff crash and blow up. It's great that they can play on the same team so there's no fighting. It's even pretty fun to watch and the beginner levels are simple enough that at 7 and 4 the kids don't really need help beyond the initial showing of how to get to which modes. Maybe some day they will let me play too!!
on October 13, 2014
My kids love this game. Have used it for 6 months (only allowed 3x/wk for 30 min... how mean). Keeps them entertained but a mindless activity. I'd love it if someone out there would produce an interactive video game which taught worthwhile skills while allowing the kids to have some fun (and without the "dark images" as the levels progress). They'd probably give it a 5 star rating. But, "Poppa" gives it a 3 because the violence level is manageable.
on July 1, 2015
Getting to master the ordering process took me a little time.Here you are 74 the walker is your best friend,and it soom all fits into place.
I order everthing from amazon,they have everything i need.
oday anothr prime example [prime]yes i am..
About 10 orders for my greatgradson,not 0ne mess up above the lot.everything has been figured for customers like me to place orders with very little diffclty.
Mr great grand son son also says tjanks.
review image