Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2012 8:00:21 AM PST
Bookwormette says:
Does anyone else want to see Mario Kart for the Wii U?

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 3:23:38 PM PST
OoAK says:
It's almost certain we'll see a new Mario Kart for Wii U. It would be great if it was a launch title, but I somewhat doubt it even though it could be possible. Mario Kart is just one of those games that works, without having to change much. It's a big money maker and it's a great online racer. But yes, I would like to see a new Mario Kart for Wii U very much.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 3:38:33 PM PST
Bookwormette says:
I admit I am a shameless MKWii fan. I am glad to hear I am not the only one who wants to see MK for Wii U. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 4:31:40 AM PST
Chief K says:
Yes would like to see Mario Kart for the Wii U. If they do bring it out hopefully they incorporate the two player co-op on the same vehicle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 8:30:08 AM PST
If they revive the double dash design, they should make it optional. Ilike the single kart design better. The feature I hope that they bring back is multiplayer/co-op GP races, like in Mario Kart 64.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 5:57:32 AM PDT
J. Phipps says:
I think it is a guaranteed title for wii U. Hopefully a launch title but I'll wait if they can add multiplayer co-op GP.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 11:06:08 AM PDT
yes i would love too

Posted on May 18, 2012 8:01:32 PM PDT
Surfin3.0 says:
I hope they revive the double dash design. Double dash was my favorite Mario Kart. Each character had there own special move plus the co-op was awesome. Made it more challenging.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 7:08:05 AM PDT
Majin says:
I just hope the online play isn't ruined by hackers again.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 1:36:09 PM PDT
J. Phipps says:
I just hope the online play isn't ruined by motorcycles ;)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 5:10:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 8:38:45 AM PDT
J. Parmelee says:
I'd love it if they finally had a new F Zero game for the Wii U but I'm thinking it probably won't happen. I love Mario Kart but love F Zero even more. It's too bad that franchise is probably dead.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:29:03 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
I hope the online play isn't ruined by hackers, glitchers, guest players being jerks, and a stupid set-up. Give us back the grand-prix style multiplayer like Mario Kart DS had instead of this random race crap that Mario Kart Wii and 7 got.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 5:32:12 PM PDT
bsmith1593 says:
They had that feature in Double Dash as well.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:22:19 AM PST
EXziqi92 says:
Here's what I want to see in Mario Kart U.

Using the tablet controller and the 2-player co-op from Double Dash, the player with the tablet controller can now look around them (not just forward) and fire items (especially shells) in any direction. Heck, even having the tablet screen as a rear-view mirror during single player mode would be awesome.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:52:48 AM PST
Bookwormette says:
I love the idea of making the tablet screen a rear view mirror. Right now, when I race, I keep both hands on the wheel (I drive manual), and when I want to look behind me, I use my chin to press the A button. A review mirror would be awesome. Growing a third arm and hand would work too. ; )

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:37:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 12:50:10 PM PST
In DD wasn't it only available for players in the same cart? That would be a different experience than the feature in the first 2 Mario Karts (SNES & N64).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:41:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 12:50:51 PM PST
I agree. The GP matches in DS worked better (most of the time). It's hard to stop all forms of foul play (since cheaters can be creative). However, it would be nice to be rewarded (for my time) in races when other players drop out, because some people still do that frequently to maintain a high ranking.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:44:55 PM PST
since the Gamepad has 2 sticks, DD co-op could technically be done with both players using the Gamepad. However, they might have to have gas on auto (instead of A button) for this control scheme to work.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:49:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 12:51:44 PM PST
There are a few possibilities for using the Gamepad in MK U. I can't wait to see what options Nintendo decides. Other possibilities I thought of are using the Gamepad as a course map for multiplayer, DD style co-op with 2 players using the Gamepad, or a course map that a non-racing player can use to set traps or place items (kind of like N Land's F-Zero Assist Play mode).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 2:23:57 PM PST
bsmith1593 says:
No. In DD, two players could race separately in GP.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 2:48:55 PM PST
Ok. Thanks, I didn't know that. I owned the game but could never convince my brother to play it with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 3:49:11 PM PST
bsmith1593 says:
No problem. You should see me trying to convince my siblings to play MKW with me. Apparently, having 9000+ VR makes me "too good." I still get my a** kicked online.

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 2:15:43 PM PDT
hwrose379 says:
It was just announced today! Mario Kart 8 for Wii U, coming in Spring 2014! Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6CAgv6p6g

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2013 3:19:30 PM PDT
J. Phipps says:
Wa hoooooo!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Mar 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo Wii U Console 8GB Basic Set - White
Nintendo Wii U Console 8GB Basic Set - White by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (190)