Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 75% off the $49.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
|Price:||$32.99 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$16.96 (34%)|
- Mario and Sonic, 2 of the most beloved icons in the world, join forces for the first time, at the Olympic games
- Play as or against a range of familiar characters including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails, and more
- Select favorite playing style with 4 player types to choose from--all-around, technical, speed, and power
- Compete in stylized Olympic venues; choose from track and field, archery, skeet shooting, table tennis, gymnastics, and more
- Single Match, Circuit, and Mission modes; unlockable stages; up to 4 players can play together on the Wii
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Featuring an all-star cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, players will be able to compete as or against a range of familiar characters including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails, and more. Innovative usage of the Wii and DS control systems to maneuver your favorite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, leap over the high jump, or churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought-after Olympic gold medal. With up to four players on the Wii and on the DS, the stage is set to catch the fever this holiday with Mario and Sonic.
- Compete in stylized Olympic venues with authentic sports and events to choose from including track and field, archery, skeet shooting, table tennis, gymnastics, and more.
- Select your favorite playing style from the all-star cast of Mario and Sonic characters with four player types to choose from: all-around, technical, speed, and power. Examples: Mario (All-around), Peach (Technical), Yoshi (Speed), Bowser (Power), Sonic (Speed), Knuckles (Power), Tails (Technical), Amy (All-around).
- Game Modes: Try out each event individually with Single Match mode, compete for the highest overall score in a series of events in Circuit mode, or take on challenges created specifically for each character in the Mission mode. Up to four players can play together on the Wii. DS allows up to four players to compete via wireless connection.
- Unlockable stages where familiar items from the worlds of Mario and Sonic enhance the challenge of each unique event.
Top Customer Reviews
We're a big fan of the Wii Mario games so with that and our other game criteria in mind, we purchased Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.
The basic premise of the game is that you select a character to compete against either other people or AI characters in various Olympic events. You have your choice of 8 classic Mario characters, 8 Sonic characters, or anyone from your Mii Village. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses, though what those precisely are is revealed only through game play. Out of the box, you know which characters are generally more speedy, powerful, skilled, or all around talented.
The events include several variations meter dashes and relays, long, triple and high jumps, swimming races and relays, trampoline and vault activities, skeet shooting, rowing, archery, fencing, hammer and javelin throws, and table tennis. All of the activities are not immediately available for play but become unlocked through game play and success. I can't give more specifics because we've not yet successfully unlocked any games. Some of the activities like the trampoline and triple jump require precise control and timing and other activities like running and swimming are larger, more generic movements.Read more ›
1) It is fun to compete against your friends/family.
2) It is fun trying to break your own records in single player.
3) I have 2 sons 7, 4 1/2. Both like the game. The 7 yr old has more success across a wider variety of events. The 4 yr old has found events he can be successful at.
4) You can play as your Mii. That is fun.
5) Graphis - okay. I have 50" DLP TV. Mostly good, some jaggies, though you don't notice this during the events because you are too busy.
6) Its you against the world on the online leader boards. You can scroll though every score uploaded, see the top 30, or see the few around your score (and see your exact rank in the world). You can not limit the leader boards to you and a few friends who also have Wii.
7) When you start the game you type in your name. All records uploaded to the online leader board take this name, even if the record was set by your friend while playing a multiplayer match. Thats kind of annoying since we have 4 people playing all together, but all are leader board entries say my oldest son's name, even though they aren't all his records. They do get the correct Mii picture beside them if you set the record with your Mii (as opposed to a Mario/Sonic character).
8) Sonic can't swim? He wears a life jacket when in the pool and runs along on the bottom of the pool. That's odd.
Overall: I really like the game. My kids like the game. My wife is even playing (first time since Wii Sports).
I haven't even mentioned the character specific missions which require specific tasks during events. The controls require real muscle behind them and kids will need some patient adults and the right characters on their side to succeed and enjoy this title to its fullest.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this game! My son rented it several years ago but didn't really like it. But as an adult, I loved it, but never bought it. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Joan Loraine
We started hosting weekly wii game nights and this game is a favorite.Published 1 month ago by Alexandra Karydas
My favorite out of all of the Olympic games i can play this all day long especially with my family this game is so competitive when we play. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mark
Works really good. My 7 year old really loved this game, since he is a major fan of both sonic and super Mario. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Latrice