Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 9, 2011
I don't understand why some people think this is a bad game because to me this game is very fun! This game is a blast if you have people to play with, and even if you don't Wi-Fi is great. Wi-Fi has a points system something like what Wii Sports has and if you get to 1000 you get a medal for that sport. There is alos little to no lag during online play. The game also has a lot to do for just 1 player. It will take you a while to unlock everything this game has to offer. Anyone who puts Dodgeball down has not played this game because it might be the best game on the disc! All 4 sports are well done and easy to play. I think this is an excellent title that any Wii owner and Mario fan should at least try out. The only thing this game lacks in for me is music. I thing they could have had much better music in this game, but this game to me is excellent.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2011
I have played this game with my kids (6 and 11). It is an excellent cooperative play game for a family or group. The controls are not too complex, good music & graphics and simple enough for younger kids to play successfully. My only complaint is that there are only 4 sports. I expected more for the price. We were hoping to unlock additional sports as we progressed, but have only unlocked additional locations. Still, it's good fun.
on July 23, 2013
Perfect for my 6 year old. He is not able to play other Mario games, but the "easy" setting is indeed quite easy and he doesn't get frustrated with complicated controls. The husband plays along on the harder setting and he doesn't get too bored with it. The visuals are nice and colorful, and my son loves picking his characters, too.
I bought it on consignment for $10, and I think it's a steal... but if I had to pay full price for it, I would maybe be peeved that there are only 4 games to pick from. I could see how many would give this a 4 star for the hefty price tag, but my purchase was a 5 star.
on July 16, 2014
bought this to replace one the grandkids had that wouldn't play anymore. they play it all the time and one of them wants to get one for his house. very disappointed with Nintendo for no longer making the WII. would buy again. Amazon has everything I have needed and more. Thanks Amazon
on January 22, 2014
Grandchild happy to receive it. He had been to many different stores looking for this game and the stores never had it in stock. He is now happily playing with his brothers the various games included. I am amazed how easy it was to order on amazon prime and how quickly it was delivered to my home just in time for xmas. Very exciting for my grandchild!
on May 15, 2014
A very fun Mario (and sports) game even by Wii U and 3DS standards, each venue is well crafted and each character has their own stats. The game also rewards you just for playing as certain characters (win or lose) with outfits. Another cool thing about this game is that, being developed by Squaresoft, they put in multiple Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters to unlock, although some may find this irritating as they are the only ones you can unlock (all Mario characters are available at the start of the game, but I've heard rumors about unlocking Rosalina from Mario Galaxy.) I can't think of a reason for someone not to try this.
on April 4, 2011
My son and his friends played this for the first time over the weekend and they totally loved it. They said it was "wicked fun". The graphics were cool and they were jumping around having a blast. Thanks Mario!
on March 23, 2015
This game is awesome i don't understand why people don't like it.And the best thing we can be teams and work togather and win the trophies. I finally can sbend some times with my brother he's 7 years and im eleven
on July 7, 2011
We purchased this for my son's 7th birthday. He has been playing it non-stop with his 10 year old brother! They both love it. There are different games to play and if you play long enough, they add new venues and characters, which the kids find exciting. Colors are bright and my 7 year old was able to figure out how to play the game on his own.
on March 6, 2011
Mario has starred in numerous sports games over the years, some are quite good, some... not so much. Sports Mix is different from previous sports titles in that four sports are featured. Basketball, Hockey, Dodgeball and Volleyball are all included, as well as a few mini-games based on each sport. There is also wi-fi offered, and I would rate it as excellent. The real fun though is get a couple of friends together and talk a little trash. Control options are either the nunchuck plus remote, or the remote turned sideways NES style. Support for the classic controller or Gamecube controller would have been nice. There are hidden paths, unlockable levels, secret characters and a fifth mix mode which is pretty neat.
Throw in adjustable difficulty, complete record keeping and the ease of learning the controls, and this game is a real winner.