Published 15 months ago by Blake T.

3.0 out of 5 stars Get your what straight?
Hey Marketers is a very quick read and has some great ideas. However, I didn't find much of the information to be revolutionary.
Published 2 months ago by Karen Livesay

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! Marketing guidance for small-to-medium sized businesses., March 26, 2013
This review is from: Hey Marketers, Get Your Priorities Straight: Setting Marketing Communication Priorities at Startups, Small Businesses, and Non-Profits (Paperback)
This book is a fantastic resource for small business owners or marketing decision makers in small-to-mid size companies with limited time and money. Nick's story telling makes for an easy and interesting read. He helps the reader prioritize their marketing objectives through descriptive examples and frameworks, and educates on how to measure different tactics to optimize accordingly. I found myself highlighting something on almost every page!

5.0 out of 5 stars A practial guide for prioritizing marketing initiatives, March 23, 2013
As someone who works in marketing with limited resources, I think one of the most difficult challenges is to figure out where to allocate your time, money, and energy. Nick lays out a logical framework that will help you prioritize your initiatives-- based on marketing outcomes and theory--so that you can more confidently utilize all your marketing channels with greater success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actionable, Compelling & Fun!, March 22, 2013
This book really had me at the title. There is so much clutter out there for those of us trying to market anything and Nick does a fantastic job helping anyone "get their priorities straight." I loved his use of real world examples that kept me interested and differentiated this from so many other books out there. This book is incredibly actionable for businesses with a limited marketing budget and you finish knowing exactly what to do and more importantly, what NOT to do. The author also has a very credible background having worked at both small companies (non-profits) as well as one of the biggest companies - Google. I often have trouble getting through "business" books as they come across too preachy or spend the entire time telling me what they are going to tell me later in the book. This was a rare exception and I got through the entire thing in two days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read Marketing for Start-ups and Non-profits, March 22, 2013
This book is a great resource for those who may not have many marketing resources and need a crash course in basic tactics and strategies. It is extremely easy to read and filled with useful frameworks, metrics and suggested strategies. The "Five Must-Haves" chapter provides smart and actionable next steps. What I love most is that Nick provides many examples, from his own experiences to SpanAir, Coke and Zappos to bring his perspectives to life. With 10+ years of experience in marketing, he clearly knows what he is talking about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read for Every Small Business, March 22, 2013
As a marketer, I read Nick's book and was instantly impressed. He beautifully boils down complex strategies into tactical approaches. Through his frameworks and actionable tips, Nick coaches any marketer around how to create compelling, shareable experiences-- the must have of any good product or marketing campaign. I was on my way out the door to run my Saturday errands and planned to just read a chapter. 2 hours later, I had finished the full book and seriously contemplated re-reading. Highly encourage any marketer to read this book. The content is rich and the inspiration is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it!, November 19, 2013
Love this book. The author's use of examples made marketing theories come to life. For time-crunched SMB owners or marketers, this book is a must-have!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, October 30, 2013
Susan Deege (Liberty, IL, US) - See all my reviews
It is a book used by my college marketing and business strategy students. Easy to read and is much more up to date about social media than typical textbooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes ! The right book for a small business owner, September 24, 2013
So what do you do to get your business selling ? Which steps will bring you the best results fastest ? What should be your first move ? These are things most of us are not taught in school. The author here goes through the steps, the bumps you may encounter and how to deal with them. Most importantly, staying on the path to success and not dwelling in the muck that will not move you forward. There isn't much you can sell without a good marketing program. I found a lot of very useful information, some that never even occurred to me in the past. A useful book for anyone selling himself or his business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, August 28, 2013
This book is a good resource for small business owners and anyone new to marketing. It's conversational tone made this a quick and enjoyable read. Best of all, it was easy to understand and teaches the basics. He talks about target markets for those without customers (just starting out), how to get customers to share their positive experiences, how to identify return on marketing investment (really important), and how to put it together into an understandable framework. Nick Scarpino gives concrete examples to which a person without a marketing degree can relate.

The diagrams are easy to understand and go well with the text. Some of what he has to say is pretty elementary, like have a website. On the other hand, there are so many mom and pop shops without one that I know it has to be said. He doesn't go into details about how to set one up, but that's not the point of this book and he says that in the very beginning. I've had marketing classes and wish I had read this book first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prioritization [redefined], April 1, 2013
Working as an administrator at a small private school in Ottawa, Illinois, all marketing usually falls to me, someone with no formal education or experience in the field. This book was ideal for me. It provided me with a starting point, map, compass, and everything else I need to start reaching out to my school's target audience. The text is easy to read, engaging, and definitely thought provoking. I can't believe how many things I highlighted within the first three chapters alone. The real life examples sent me to my computer several times to check them out. The framework provided in Chapter 5 is priceless, as it will help facilitate and focus our school's marketing discussions/decisions moving forward. Now I'm biting at the bit to share this book with my school's education commission so that we can start brainstorming ideas that are on target, easy to share, and will generate amazing, memorable experiences for our current students, future students, and all members of the Crusader community. Buy it, share it, live it!

Rate and Discover Movies