Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis

on February 14, 2001
I use this textbook to teach about 1,500 students per year in my courses. I find the book to be well-written and interesting. More importantly, *many* students tell me that enjoy reading the book. (I can tell you that it is rare to have students providing positive feedback on textbooks that are required reading). Armstrong and Kotler are leaders in the field, and their hardcover book holds the largest market share among U.S. universities. Books don't make it to the 10th edition (or 5th for paperback) w/o being good!
on July 31, 2012
This book says it is an introduction to marketing but it seems very comprehensive. I am more than halfway through the book and have found this book difficult to read. The author goes to great lengths to describe in very non-specific terms concepts that are not that complex and seems overly wordy IMHO. Also this is a large softcover book, therefore it is very floppy and does not lay easily on your lap or holding it in your hands. If you don't have a desk or table to set this on, you will battle this book while reading it.
on November 18, 2012
I have to say, I'm pretty surprised by the 3 star reviews here. This is one of the best textbooks I've ever had to deal with. The book does not seem too fact-heavy at all; it moves through the chapters at an almost conversational pace. It is very well written and pretty entertaining in my opinion. I would open this book to do the assigned reading and find myself reading a segment completely unrelated to the assignment because I was genuinely interested in what it was saying.

This book also seems very up-to-date. I was surprised by some of the examples the book references because it feels as if they'd only happened yesterday.

I suppose this review doesn't really matter because if this is the book your professor chose, you don't really have the luxury of choice. So I guess I'll just end on the note that I really enjoyed this book, and I think that you will, too.
on September 4, 2013
I was perfectly happy until I realized that the pages jump from 212 to 261!!! I missing parts of Chapter 7, all of Chapter 8, and a part of Chapter 9. I don't have time to send it back and all that jazz. I will not be purchasing from this person again. This was an important text for me.
on July 7, 2013
I bought this for a marketing class I am taking during the summer. The 10th edition is WAY cheaper than buying the new edition and has the same information. This book is a really easy read and the price was amazing! I really enjoy the class and am happy to have saved hundreds of dollars on the supplementary material. I would recommend buying school books at the lowest price possible!
on March 29, 2007
Great marketing book, even if I didn't have to read it for my class I would have felt that I missed out by not at least skimming it through. Very intriguing and interesting examples of the choices that we make every day and how manufacturers choose which decisions we make to target how things are advertised. I usually hate text books, but this one is a keeper.
on January 29, 2013
The content of the book is great. If I bought a dead trees version it would be five stars. Unfortunately, it's not just a Kindle, it's a Kindle Print Replica. You can't read it on iOS or Cloud Reader, and it crashes Kindle Reader for PC and Mac. I spent 6 hours with a Kindle Specialist trying to fix the issue, but finally she gave up. You probably won't read about issues with the Kindle Print Replicas on Amazon Help Forums, but there is plenty of information available elsewhere. Too bad Amazon has chosen to cover up the problem instead of fixing it.
on December 17, 2005
Kotler and Armstrong always produce lucid, succinct books on Marketing and Marketing Management. As a lecturer in the Business/Management area, I use these books in the course of my work.

The content is good, with a lot of diagrams and flow charts, and the case studies are many, which isn't a bad thing, as it puts some of the principles into a realistic context.

As for being boring- well, it's a text book!!! I'm sure there will be an 'Idiot's Guide to Marketing' out soon, which may satisfy the more facile of readers.
on March 5, 2016
It is a nice textbook for an introduction to marketing class. It is pretty clear, incorporates real world examples, and utilizes charts, graphs, and color coding to make it a lot easier to look at than some textbooks.
on October 16, 2013
This textbook nearly derailed my enthusiasm for marketing. The authors struggle to draaaaaggg out what should be both an intuitive and yet insightful subject matter and make it tedious and boring. The authors stretch their explanations several words, and sentences, and paragraphs, and pages, and chapters, longer than they ever need to be. This textbook is the polar opposite of entertaining and delightful reading - It is akin to reading the dictionary. Like most textbooks, their long-winded choice of words is both an editorial nightmare, an obfuscating brain teaser, and an exercise in sadomasochism for the reader (just how long can you keep reading before you want to thrust your pen into your eye?!)

PROFESSORS WHO LOVE MARKETING: DO NOT SUBJECT YOUR STUDENTS TO READING THIS TEXTBOOK!