5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic marketing text at a great price!
Published on February 14, 2001 by mktgwhiz

1.0 out of 5 stars Mind-numbing, long-winded, passion-draining
Published 14 months ago by Tony IU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic marketing text at a great price!, February 14, 2001
"mktgwhiz" (Champaign, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I use this textbook to teach about 1,500 students per year in my courses. I find the book to be well-written and interesting. More importantly, *many* students tell me that enjoy reading the book. (I can tell you that it is rare to have students providing positive feedback on textbooks that are required reading). Armstrong and Kotler are leaders in the field, and their hardcover book holds the largest market share among U.S. universities. Books don't make it to the 10th edition (or 5th for paperback) w/o being good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, March 29, 2007
Ting Hsiung "xxswishxx" (Riverside, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Great marketing book, even if I didn't have to read it for my class I would have felt that I missed out by not at least skimming it through. Very intriguing and interesting examples of the choices that we make every day and how manufacturers choose which decisions we make to target how things are advertised. I usually hate text books, but this one is a keeper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Relatively good textbook, December 17, 2005
Kotler and Armstrong always produce lucid, succinct books on Marketing and Marketing Management. As a lecturer in the Business/Management area, I use these books in the course of my work.

The content is good, with a lot of diagrams and flow charts, and the case studies are many, which isn't a bad thing, as it puts some of the principles into a realistic context.

As for being boring- well, it's a text book!!! I'm sure there will be an 'Idiot's Guide to Marketing' out soon, which may satisfy the more facile of readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy read., July 7, 2013
This review is from: Marketing: An Introduction (10th Edition) (Paperback)
I bought this for a marketing class I am taking during the summer. The 10th edition is WAY cheaper than buying the new edition and has the same information. This book is a really easy read and the price was amazing! I really enjoy the class and am happy to have saved hundreds of dollars on the supplementary material. I would recommend buying school books at the lowest price possible!

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical & neat, March 28, 2005
This book is show-cased in my office library cupboard since years! No wonder it says about early Marketing strategies and the authors Philip Kotler and Gary Armstrong provide a blend of skills uniquely suited to wirting an introductory marketing text. They make the complex world of marketing practical, approachable and enjoyable. Both the award winning authors have from its Part One itself, clarified Understanding Marketing and the Marketing Management Process. Further they focus on analyzing marketing opportunities, marketing research and information systems and environment and then how to go about selecting Target markets. The ongoing chapters include on designing products, brands, packing, services, pricing strategies and so on - in short to promoting in the market with complete know how on recruiting to motivating sales team and grabbing end results. The book has pretty good illustrated pics with courtesy from Hewlett Packard, Proctar and Gamble, Redbook Magazine, Gulfstream Aerospace, General motors, century city hospital and so on. There are very good graphs and Exhibits/ topics with questions for discussions, key terms, references and case studies like Nike, Inc., Tupperware, Proctor and Gamble, etc. The International Market chapter has objectives to:

1. Discuss how foreign trade, economic, political legal and cultural environment effect a company's international marketing decisions.

2.Describe three approaches to entering foreign markets.

3.Explain how companies might adapt their marketing mixes for foreign markets

4. Identify three forms of international marketing organization.

However, I feel, in present scenario with examples of kodak, macdonald, coca cola, etc. a lot of international marketing depends on many factors. The Glossary is too alphabetically in order and so is the Subject Index - both make it very easy for easy glance read topics that becomes too handy a reference. Good for Office racks and serve as Reference Book too : A casual glance Reading too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Mind-numbing, long-winded, passion-draining, October 16, 2013
This review is from: Marketing: An Introduction (10th Edition) (Paperback)
This textbook nearly derailed my enthusiasm for marketing. The authors struggle to draaaaaggg out what should be both an intuitive and yet insightful subject matter and make it tedious and boring. The authors stretch their explanations several words, and sentences, and paragraphs, and pages, and chapters, longer than they ever need to be. This textbook is the polar opposite of entertaining and delightful reading - It is akin to reading the dictionary. Like most textbooks, their long-winded choice of words is both an editorial nightmare, an obfuscating brain teaser, and an exercise in sadomasochism for the reader (just how long can you keep reading before you want to thrust your pen into your eye?!)

PROFESSORS WHO LOVE MARKETING: DO NOT SUBJECT YOUR STUDENTS TO READING THIS TEXTBOOK!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Access Codes, June 10, 2011
This review is from: Marketing: An Introduction (10th Edition) (Paperback)
I purchased this book from Amazon it does not come with an access code. Make sure you do not need the access code for your class before purchasing this book! Now I have to go spend more money for the access code.This makes this more expensive. I should have just went to the book store!

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete, clear and updated, February 15, 1998
By A Customer
This book is very valuable even for those professionals with long experience in marketing. Either as reference work for the most modern marketing techniques or as case study of various companies (and its marketing problems and solutions), the book of Kotler and Armstrong is excellent. The dense appendixes reinforce the quality of the volume. In there it is possible to find some novelties as, for exemple, advices for those looking for careers in marketing. The practical exercises at the end of each chapter help to apply the contents in our diary lives. Colorful drawings, charts and ads samples make each page a delight for the eyes. This book allows learning with a touch of printing art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for business students., February 12, 1998
By A Customer
Hi, my name is Banggajam Velayudham. Currently I am pursuing an ABE business management course. Last term when I sat for my marketing Exam,My lecturer Ms.Chua recommend this book to me and I used the "Introduction to Marketing" by Philip Kotler and Gary Armstrong. This book is very good and act as a guide and has good notes and case stuides of the real business world with many pictures and particularly short notes on key points and it really helped me to get an A in my exam. I as student would highly recommed this book for ABE students. Thanks Mr.Kotler and Mr. Armstrong for coming out with such a wonderful boo,.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of my MBA program., February 6, 2011
This book was fantastic. It was clear and easy to understand. My course required me to research supplementary material to support the material for the book. I did so, but only to meet the course requirements. I found nothing that added anything meaningful to what was presented in book. Its is that complete. I will sell back most of my other books, but I'm keeping this one. If you are a professor looking for a book for your course, select this one, your students will thank you.

Marketing: An Introduction (10th Edition)
Marketing: An Introduction (10th Edition) by Gary Armstrong (Paperback - January 21, 2010)
Used & New from: $6.00