Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on July 31, 2012
This book says it is an introduction to marketing but it seems very comprehensive. I am more than halfway through the book and have found this book difficult to read. The author goes to great lengths to describe in very non-specific terms concepts that are not that complex and seems overly wordy IMHO. Also this is a large softcover book, therefore it is very floppy and does not lay easily on your lap or holding it in your hands. If you don't have a desk or table to set this on, you will battle this book while reading it.
on November 18, 2012
I have to say, I'm pretty surprised by the 3 star reviews here. This is one of the best textbooks I've ever had to deal with. The book does not seem too fact-heavy at all; it moves through the chapters at an almost conversational pace. It is very well written and pretty entertaining in my opinion. I would open this book to do the assigned reading and find myself reading a segment completely unrelated to the assignment because I was genuinely interested in what it was saying.

This book also seems very up-to-date. I was surprised by some of the examples the book references because it feels as if they'd only happened yesterday.

I suppose this review doesn't really matter because if this is the book your professor chose, you don't really have the luxury of choice. So I guess I'll just end on the note that I really enjoyed this book, and I think that you will, too.
on September 4, 2013
I was perfectly happy until I realized that the pages jump from 212 to 261!!! I missing parts of Chapter 7, all of Chapter 8, and a part of Chapter 9. I don't have time to send it back and all that jazz. I will not be purchasing from this person again. This was an important text for me.
on January 29, 2013
The content of the book is great. If I bought a dead trees version it would be five stars. Unfortunately, it's not just a Kindle, it's a Kindle Print Replica. You can't read it on iOS or Cloud Reader, and it crashes Kindle Reader for PC and Mac. I spent 6 hours with a Kindle Specialist trying to fix the issue, but finally she gave up. You probably won't read about issues with the Kindle Print Replicas on Amazon Help Forums, but there is plenty of information available elsewhere. Too bad Amazon has chosen to cover up the problem instead of fixing it.
on October 16, 2013
This textbook nearly derailed my enthusiasm for marketing. The authors struggle to draaaaaggg out what should be both an intuitive and yet insightful subject matter and make it tedious and boring. The authors stretch their explanations several words, and sentences, and paragraphs, and pages, and chapters, longer than they ever need to be. This textbook is the polar opposite of entertaining and delightful reading - It is akin to reading the dictionary. Like most textbooks, their long-winded choice of words is both an editorial nightmare, an obfuscating brain teaser, and an exercise in sadomasochism for the reader (just how long can you keep reading before you want to thrust your pen into your eye?!)

PROFESSORS WHO LOVE MARKETING: DO NOT SUBJECT YOUR STUDENTS TO READING THIS TEXTBOOK!
on January 29, 2015
When I purchased this, There was nothing about it being a book you had to put into a 3 ring binder. I was expecting a book, I got a bunch of pages rubber banded together.

In all truthfulness, I actually don't mind that much, as it's easier to study out of, but, I just feel like it wasn't very clear when I bought it what I was getting. All in all, it still worked out fine.
on August 13, 2013
This book covers a lot of information. It's pretty easy to read through most of the time, but occasionally the author just starts talking over your head with a bunch of keywords that don't actually mean anything. You read the sentence or sentences and you're just left wondering what he is trying to say. It happens in every chapter and is annoying but it's easy enough to ignore and skip by it since it doesn't actually mean anything. The author can also be overly wordy or repeats himself when describing information which also isn't helpful. Chapters will take anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half to read. It seems like 50% of this book can be summed up by the following sentence, 'Do everything reasonable to give your customers a happy and convenient experience.'

On the plus side, each chapter has several 1-2 page examples of various companies (Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc...) and the marketing strategies they implement (based on the chapter's topic) and the effects of these campaigns. They aren't necessary to read if you just want to get through the information but you'll find yourself drawn to reading them. They are fairly up-to-date (containing areas from the start of the recession to 2011) meaning they are still relevant, which makes them interesting, plus they contain good examples of what the chapter topic is about.

This isn't one of the best textbooks I've read but it isn't one of the worst either. It's average and I did enjoy reading the company examples.
on September 12, 2013
I also purchased a textbook with the end of chapter 4 and whole chapter 5 missing. Very disappointed since I don't money and time to purchase another one. Will not be purchasing from this seller again.
on October 8, 2013
Is it the seller or the publisher? I'm missing ALL of chapter 8 and part of 7. Thanks, it is only a college textbook that I need all the chapters to.
on April 15, 2016
Got this for my basic Marketing class, my teacher uses the powerpoints from the textbook maker so everything is pretty much the same content wise. Some problems she gives aren't found in the powerpoint so the textbook does help. Has great cases and easy to understand language. I actually really like it considering its a textbook