Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marketing for the Legal Nurse Consultant
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

93%
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 23, 2001
Marketing is, by far, the hardest and scariest part of starting a Legal Nurse Consulting business. This book takes all of the key ideas in marketing, and organizes them in a consise, basic, and reader-friendly format. Though the marketing strategies are not any big new revelations, the organization of the book itself and the flow of strategies makes it unique from any other marketing books I have read. While the context of the book is an invaluable resource, the text is light, humorous and very easy to follow and understand. It is, if it is used as it was written, a roadmap to a successful and profitable Legal Nurse Consultant business. I highly recommend this book!!!
on July 29, 2000
This book is an excellent resource for every legal nurse consultant. It begins with the basics of getting ready to market your services, and goes all the way through the marketing process. I have been a legal nurse consultant for six years, and found many new ideas I had not yet thought of. I would highly recommend this book for any new legal nurse consultant wanting to get started, and any experienced legal nurse consultant who needs some new ideas for marketing.
on July 16, 2000
I really liked this book because the information is so down to earth! It covers everything about marketing, from identifying your target market ,to how to keep clients once you get them. Included are strategies on creating effective marketing materials, mastering telephone contacts and meeting with prospects. This book covers things you know, should know, don't know and need to know and organizes them in a very readable format!
on April 15, 2003
Marketing for the Legal Nurse Consultant is the most valuable book in my library! The Joos' walk LNCs through the world of marketing with ease. I've been lucky enough to have met these fine people in person and attended their marketing seminars. Here again, this is a "must do" for the independent legal nurse consultant. My cards and brochures went through major overhauls with their help and my business has prospered! Thank you both, John and Betty, for all you do! I'm looking forward to purchasing your next edition.
on May 21, 2001
Marketing for the LNC is an excellent book for the new LNC as well as the more established consultant. Betty gives practical advice for nurses who are trying to get that "first case". It may not be widely known, but nurses are not used to having to market themselves in a business atmosphere. Our clients in the hospital are pretty much a captive audience, thus there is no need for us to market ourselves. Then we decide to branch out into assisting attorneys, insurance companies etc. with the daunting task of interpreting medical records and the various other tasks of the Legal Nurse Consultant and realize we have to market ourselves to these attorneys and firms. Needless to say, there is just a bit of a "fear" factor involved. Betty has tried to make marketing an easy, fearless task and has given excellent ideas on how to obtain that first case and continue to obtain cases from those firms. I was privileged to meet with Betty this spring and found that her information in person mirrors what she has written in her book. She has practiced legal nurse consulting for many years and obviously knows what she is talking about since she has a very busy practice. I am sure you will find her book very informative and useful.
Betty and John Joos have created THE BEST marketing book for Legal Nurse Consultants ever written! The book is an easy read packed with real-life answers to real-life marketing questions. It is a practical approach to what really works, coupled with humor. Unbeknownst to them, they have become my business partners.
on January 5, 2003
All the accolades that have been written about the Joos' book are true! This little jewel of a book is one I know I will keep referring back to in the years to come. The marketing plan and suggestions are aimed specifically at legal nurses which makes everything in this book usable and practical. "Marketing for the LNC" is an invaluable source of information not only for nurses at the early stages of setting up a new consulting business but also for those that have been at it for awhile and are wanting to expand. Betty writes as one who has an understanding of the fears that most nurses experience who are marketing themselves for the first time. This is one of those "must have" books for "newbies" and seasoned LNC's. It explains what is needed to promote yourself and explains how to effectively do so in a professional manner without spending a small fortune. After reading this book, marketing started to feel like less of a necessary evil; although it's still not my favorite way to spend my non-billable hours....I now have a much clearer idea of the message I want to send to my prospective attorney-clients and I have the tools to help me get my message across.
on November 15, 2001
This book takes one of the most difficult parts of the LNC business and breaks it down into simple and concise steps. From the initial, terrifying (yet neccessary) phone calls, to keeping your clients long-term...this book is invaluable. It's an "easy read" and I find myself referring to it frequently as a resource because of all the helpful tips it contains. Great job Betty and John!
on May 21, 2001
I would highly recommend this book to the beginner LNC, and experienced LNCs can obtain some great benefits as well. Mr. and Mrs. Joos present the content in a humorous fashion, making it enjoyable to read as well as informative. The information is great for growing the LNC business! Thumbs up!
on February 17, 2008
This book is a fun read, as well as a concise, comprehensive resource for the aspiring LNC.
I was amused, educated, and inspired, to continue my pursuit in this area of nursing.
After the discussion regarding the need for writing well to capture and satisfy a client, however, I was a little disappointed that, in editing, many "typos" were overlooked.
Ah, but in this new computer assisted age, that is certainly possible.
For potential buyers, though- do not let that stop you from using this book. Many thanks to the "Team Joos"!