5.0 out of 5 stars Not counter intuitive
A previous reviewer stated that to use this item, one put the small end of the stud through one of the holes in the belt, even though that was counter intuitive.

Well, after using it that way for a few days, I realized that he was simply wrong.

Published on May 28, 2012 by Bob

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not stay. Also broke
The band never stayed put, regardless of how tight or loose I kept it, or how far up or low on my waist I placed it. I'm a skinny guy, so the band kept riding up above my pants line.

Also, after two weeks of use, the band broke, starting with the hole I used to "button" it slowly ripping until the entire thing came apart.

Useless.
Published on November 26, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Not counter intuitive, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)

Take the belt in your hands (not around your waist) and stretch it. You will see that the holes become oblong rather than round. In fact they start looking like the button holes on your shirt if you stretch the belt enough. Now, if you slide the large side of the stud through the stretched hole, sideways, like you would a button, it won't damage the belt and the belt will stay "buttoned."

I put the belt around my waist to figure out where to put the stud through to make the belt my size, but took it off to adtually put the studs through the right holes. I will never have to move the studs again. I simply step in, and later, out of the belt. This saves a lot of the wear and tear on the "button hole." It works like a champ. I wore mine on duty yesterday, as a police officer for my full 12 hour shift without a problem. My shirt stayed where it was supposed to be through all sorts of activities including several hours of waving my arms around directing traffic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructions, please., July 27, 2011
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
This is, overall, a good product. It helps keep your shirt tucked in your pants, which has always been a bit of a problem for me, but especially since I put on some pounds in the gut. I can wear it all day with no discomfort (okay, sometimes it's been a little uncomfortable, but usually there's some other irritation involved and really, nothing feels comfortable 100% of the time)and no worries of my shirt popping up. My only real complaint is that there is no instruction on how to use it. I had to look it up online at some obscure site and read someone's forum comment on how to use this. So. Here's how:

It's pretty clear that you put the side with the protrusions toward the body so that it grips the shirt. To fasten the belt, you stick the small side of the button through one of the holes on the other end of the belt, doing the same for the other button. This is a bit counter-intuitive because the part of the button that goes through the hole basically has no space between the rubber of the belt and the back of the button for the other end of the belt to hold onto. Consequently, the buttons' hold is sometimes tenuous, and if I have to do a lot of standing up and sitting down, it will occasionally (not often) come undone, making me go to the bathroom to reaffix them. The other side of the button has plenty of room to hold the other end of the belt, but the button head is far too large to fit through the holes. I tried that side to see if it would work, but that just tore the belt. I also tried to shove the button through the belt, thinking it had slipped through its hole and needed readjusting, but, nope, it was fixed tight where it was supposed to be. So I hope these instructions help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt once you figure out how to use it!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
Ok, I read a lot of conflcting info on these reviews and I want to set the record straight. One thing that would help if this belt came with a simple instruction sheet. Nevertheless here you go:

1) with flat side to skin, set the belt length by getting it snug but not too tight.
2) Once the length is set, then put the heads of the steel rivets through the holes in the belt and do not undo them ever, unless of course you are adjusting the length.
3) put on your underwear and shirt
4) if you are wearing your shirt inside your pants- step inside the belt like you are putting on pants and tuck your shirt inside the belt. Leave a little slack in your shirt tail so it has some room to move.
5) put your pants on over the belt. Let the rubber belt set just under your regular belt line or a little lower.so it doesn't hang out of your pants.

the knobs on the rubber belt will keep your pants up and the flat side of the rubber belt will keep your shirt tucked in nicely all day. I wear it playing golf and at work, and it works great.

DO NOT UNHOOK The belt. Step through it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not stay. Also broke, November 26, 2012

Useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars 20 years of wearing a uniform., July 12, 2012
Marcus (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
With 4 years in the army and 16 years in law enforcement, nothing comes close to keeping your uniform shirt tucked in.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, June 29, 2011
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
i work as a reserve police officer and this has solved a few issues for me. shirts stay in place and i find my duty belt is also less like to ride down my hips with my pants. Best uniform accessory i have bought yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but there's more than one way to use it, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
I've had one for a few years because I don't need to wear it every day, but when I do, it works. I've found that putting on the belt under the dress shirt/over my t-shirt (instead of between the dress shirt and pants, as I believe is recommended) keeps the shirt down even better, as the knobs increase the belt's grippiness on the shirt. Works better for me that way, and there's no chance of it ever surprising anyone by peeking out the top of your pants.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for uniform, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
I've been using this belt for over 12 years and it works great. That belt is a must if you wear uniform so your shirt stays tucked in. I've tried the suspenders and the new flexible valcro belt but this belt is by far the best. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Smooth operator', March 29, 2012
Greg Salcedo (Renton, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
Whether tucking in an officials jersey, or a dress hirt for a business presentation, this belt is a 'smooth operator'. Seriously, you don't need to be 'weight challenged' to want to buy this *must have* in your wardrobe, man or woman, Simple too use, comfortable to wear. Does what it is supposed to do, at a fair price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality rubber, August 23, 2012
This review is from: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt (Sports)
After ten years in law enforcement and using several products such as this to keep uniforms looking sharp, I can confidently say this is the worst tailor-belt I've used. The poor quality rubber began to tear at each button hole after only a few weeks of use, but because of the return policy, I'm stuck with it until it completely tears through. At that point, I'll have to buy a different new product, certainly not this brand, and not from Amazon.

Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt