5.0 out of 5 stars Irie!
Can't say enough good about the Bob Marley documentary. Extremely well done, supremely interesting, wonderfully informing and moving. 5 stars out of 5, if you like Marley at all, you owe it to yourself to see it. What more could this man have done for the world if he had lived longer? It would certainly be a better place, of that I and I have no doubt whatsoever! Could...
Published on April 21, 2012 by John Agner

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, revealing, and eye-opening bio of a pivotal musical innovator with socio-political effectiveness
Bob Marley and Barack Obama have one salient historical similarity; they came into this world a product of bi-racial parents, of african and caucasian descendancy. While in Obama's case, his mother was white, in Bob's case his mother was african Jamaican, but both men would lead extraordinary lives, with Marley's being unfortunately much too brief. His is a tale of...
Published 2 months ago by Paul R DesRoches

‹ Previous | 1 2 349 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
A great movie regardless if you are a Marley Fan or not.. I will purchase the movie.The life of Bob Marley is a true story of triumph and heartfelt reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars For all musicians and artists, no matter your taste in music, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
This is about the man who made the music,the road he traveled, the decisions he made and finally the music itself.
The music industry today is in shambles, but for anyone that thinks they are fighting a tough road, this documentary will give you hope. It also stands in sharp contrast with the kind of excesses and narcissistic actions of today's vapid pop stars, many of whom could not find a cause they care anything about other than what color to paint their nails. Marley will live on as will other great artists, while the buffoons of today get forgotten, though arguably not soon enough for my taste.
Great film!

5.0 out of 5 stars 420 Marley Documentary, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
I watched this movie the day it came out and I loved it. This goes beyond most other music documentaries I have seen. This is very well shot and looks amazing. Some very real and raw footage is used to take you into the life and the man that was Bob Marley. I would recommend this to ANY Marley fan or someone that is interested in him and his music. Bunny Wailer is great in this. And his kids give accurate and honest accounts of growing up with Marley. So sit back with a some mellow mood tea and enjoy this beautiful movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marley, May 29, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
A very in depth documentary about the life of Bob Marley. I found out some things i did not know. Was shown some rare footage

5.0 out of 5 stars One Love!, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Marley [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Informative, insightful, inspiring, touching. Very well put together, very well done. I have already watched this at least 10 times. I knew Bob was an amazing artist but did not know what a great man he was too. I just pre-ordered this on Blu-ray so I can watch it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, Complex and Genuine, Just Like its Subject, July 2, 2012
drqshadow (Bradenton, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marley (DVD)
One of the most exhaustively-researched biographical docus I've ever seen, and nary a moment of its two-plus-hour runtime is wasted. Packed with honest, revealing, enlightening face-to-face chats with every major player in Bob Marley's story, this candid tell-all effectively captures the social impact of his work on-stage and in-studio, along with the intimate details of his private life. It doesn't take much prodding to realize that before we can fully comprehend one, we must also understand the other. Dedicated apostles of the icon should welcome the personal insights, while more passive appreciators are bound to be staggered by the power of his voice on multiple levels - musical, political, religious and intellectual. Warm, complex and genuine, just like its subject - I can appreciate his work on a whole new level today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, June 21, 2012
This review is from: Marley (DVD)
This was a great and informative documentary. I am only sad that they took out so much to get the movie to 2 1/2 hours (read that in an interview with the director). I would've gladly sat in the theater for another half hour of looking into his life! This documentary gave me chills at some points and brought me to sadness in the end because we lost such an influential and great man. The only other disappointing thing is that I would've loved to see interviews from all his children...but it is still worth watching again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional!, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Marley (DVD)
This was one of the best documentaries I have seen on Bob Marley's life. I love how it went back to before his childhood and ended after his death. I think it clears up quite a few misconceptions about Marley and even sheds light on his relationship with Rita. The music was wonderful, quite a few songs that weren't previously released. Any true fan of Marley should get this DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace and Blessings, June 17, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
This film is an amazingly well put together documentary about the life, times, and music of the late great Bob Marley. This film soothed my soul by allowing me to understand not only the music but the man and all the positive people with him that brought reggae music to the world.

Seeing this theatrical documentary renewed my love for Bob and the importance of continuing to spread his message of peace, love, and unity. As an educator his message really speaks volumes to me because I am in an important role. I have the opportunity to teach young people today about Bob's message through education. His picture hangs in my classroom close to my desk and each year the students inquire as to who he is and each year I will continue to tell them about BOB MARLEY!!!! Jah Bless.....

5.0 out of 5 stars MARLEY, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Marley [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I have been a fan of Bob Marley for many years. Enjoy the Carribean, especially Jamaca. The people there have always been most welcoming. This film gives one an insight to Island life and the struggles to survive. It also depicts the fact that "worldly" materalistic positions are only a cover to true happiness and soulfulness.
This film is a compelling documentary. The sound track is right on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 349 | Next ›

Marley [Blu-ray]
Marley [Blu-ray] by Kevin MacDonald (Blu-ray - 2012)
$16.98 $11.49