Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 19, 2012
Really well researched and well done - the best and most honest Bob film, and possibly the best reggae doc there is. Some particular strong points include talking with and about Bob's extended family on the Marley side - everything else on Bob always simplifies this side of things. Bunny was also uncharacteristically forthcoming, although I thought a bit more about Tosh would have helped. A final nitpick - showing Channel One while talking about Studio 1... hmmmmm

But this movie is 99.9999% on point - you will do well to watch it.
on September 13, 2012
This is about the man who made the music,the road he traveled, the decisions he made and finally the music itself.
The music industry today is in shambles, but for anyone that thinks they are fighting a tough road, this documentary will give you hope. It also stands in sharp contrast with the kind of excesses and narcissistic actions of today's vapid pop stars, many of whom could not find a cause they care anything about other than what color to paint their nails. Marley will live on as will other great artists, while the buffoons of today get forgotten, though arguably not soon enough for my taste.
Great film!
on May 13, 2012
I watched this movie the day it came out and I loved it. This goes beyond most other music documentaries I have seen. This is very well shot and looks amazing. Some very real and raw footage is used to take you into the life and the man that was Bob Marley. I would recommend this to ANY Marley fan or someone that is interested in him and his music. Bunny Wailer is great in this. And his kids give accurate and honest accounts of growing up with Marley. So sit back with a some mellow mood tea and enjoy this beautiful movie.
on April 29, 2012
Give thanks to the almighty Jah this documentary is fascinating , very well done I was speechless and the story line is great I really enjoyed watching it I cant wait for the Dvd to be released so I can buy it
I'm just sad to see such positive man so vibrant and full of energy got his way cut up by cancer and has to leave us so soon but his spirit is alive and shall always be , my role model for sure
Rasta for sure man I recommend this documentary to anyone that like reggae music and jamaican culture and history
on March 12, 2013
THIS SHOULD BRING PEOPLE CLOSER TO MR. BOB MARLEY, IF YOU FEEL THE BEAT. HIS LIFE IS LARGER THAN WE CAN IMAGINE. YOU MUST FEEL MR. BOB MARLEY, AND IT IS A NATURAL FEELING, A CELEBRATION OF LIFE ITSELF, THROUGH MR. BOB MARLEY. HE AND HIS MUSIC IS FELT. A FEELING THAT IS SOMETHING MUCH MORE THAN A DVD CAN EXPLAIN. MR. BOB MARLEY, IS LIKE THE SUNRISE, THE WIND, THE EARTH, THE VERY THING THAT MAKES A MAN CELEBRATE LIFE ITSELF. MR. BOB MARLEY, IS A CELEBRATION OF LIFE, NOT A RED STRIPE, OR A SPLIF. MR. BOB MARLEY IS NOT A COLOR, OR A FILM, MR. BOB MARLEY IS A CELEBRATION THAT WILL RUN THROUGH YOUR HEART AND SOUL. YOU EITHER FEEL HIM OR YOU DON'T. HIS CELEBRATION IS LIKE THE CLEAN AIR IN YOUR LUNGS, THE CLEAN BLOOD IN YOUR HEART. THIS DVD IS A FIVE STAR, BUT MR. BOB MARLEY IS FEELING EVERY STAR IN THE SKY, DAY AND NIGHT, HE IS A FEELING, HE IS A NATURAL MYSTIC!
on June 28, 2012
This was one of the best documentaries I have seen on Bob Marley's life. I love how it went back to before his childhood and ended after his death. I think it clears up quite a few misconceptions about Marley and even sheds light on his relationship with Rita. The music was wonderful, quite a few songs that weren't previously released. Any true fan of Marley should get this DVD!
on June 11, 2015
About 10 minutes into it, I realized I'd already seen this film, and yet I watched it again with the same interest and enjoyment as the first time. I've seen a bunch of different movies about Jamaica, Reggae, and Marley himself. This tells his story in a really...approachable way. It's a good mix of archival video and photos, concert footage, and interviews with his family and contemporaries. There are a few interesting facts and stories interspersed within the film, but it's not an exhaustive history of the era. The characters are familiar and quirky as ever, the anecdotes are vague and dubious as ever, and the arch of the story is a little bumpy at times. But all in all, it's a great film that fans must see.
on July 2, 2012
One of the most exhaustively-researched biographical docus I've ever seen, and nary a moment of its two-plus-hour runtime is wasted. Packed with honest, revealing, enlightening face-to-face chats with every major player in Bob Marley's story, this candid tell-all effectively captures the social impact of his work on-stage and in-studio, along with the intimate details of his private life. It doesn't take much prodding to realize that before we can fully comprehend one, we must also understand the other. Dedicated apostles of the icon should welcome the personal insights, while more passive appreciators are bound to be staggered by the power of his voice on multiple levels - musical, political, religious and intellectual. Warm, complex and genuine, just like its subject - I can appreciate his work on a whole new level today.
on June 6, 2012
I have been a fan of Bob Marley for many years. Enjoy the Carribean, especially Jamaca. The people there have always been most welcoming. This film gives one an insight to Island life and the struggles to survive. It also depicts the fact that "worldly" materalistic positions are only a cover to true happiness and soulfulness.
This film is a compelling documentary. The sound track is right on.
on May 24, 2012
A great movie regardless if you are a Marley Fan or not.. I will purchase the movie.The life of Bob Marley is a true story of triumph and heartfelt reality.