5.0 out of 5 stars Irie!
Published 24 months ago by John Agner

1.0 out of 5 stars Expected more
I really expected a documentary on someone as colorful and unique as Bob Marley to embrace the topic and run with it in a creative yet factual way. What I ended up watching was very, very dry and quite dull; but at least the music was good. The rest of the documentary was not so impressive.
Published 2 months ago by msimm

5.0 out of 5 stars Irie!, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Marley (DVD)
Can't say enough good about the Bob Marley documentary. Extremely well done, supremely interesting, wonderfully informing and moving. 5 stars out of 5, if you like Marley at all, you owe it to yourself to see it. What more could this man have done for the world if he had lived longer? It would certainly be a better place, of that I and I have no doubt whatsoever! Could you be loved? Then be loved!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great.. Great Great!!!!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
From a die hard Marley fan... this is first bob documentary that basically reveals the man. All kinds of personal details are revealed including the stories from his children. Towards the end. this movie brought tears to my eyes, because such a great man, father and prophet was gone...

Greatest marley documentar ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars JAH Bless!!!, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Marley [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Much Love and Blessing to the Marley family for authorizing this very detailed account of his Majesty's son and messenger - Robert Nesta Marley! The interviews from close family members and friends really set this documentary apart from other works about the great Bob Marley. This documentary will help educate generations upon generations to come that Bob Marley was on a mission to spread Jah's Love for all mankind. One Love to Kevin MacDonald and his team for creating a great piece of art. - JAH Bless

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!!, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
What else can really be said about this?? I don't even write very many music or movie reviews (even if I love a film), but this was simply so magnificent I felt compelled to speak on it. Seriously, I'm not gonna make a point to go into some long drawn out review b/c, others truly have summed up far more succulently everything I could say about this. But best believe if you're a Bob fan this is truly a MUST SEE! Heck, even if you don't know much about him and his music you NEED to learn yourself up on this and watch. I actually didn't realize there was a documentary out for at least a full week after its initial release, though ironically I had been listening to (what I later put together as) the OST. And let me tell you, they truly nailed the musical experience in this one (as others have stated)! It was absolutely so enlightening to get such a deep insight on how some of the songs had so much more of a powerful meaning! Not to give anything away, but the segment on his earlier years and the song "Cornerstone" was particularly deep and awesome b/c, the true meaning of it was so much more mind-blowingly different than what I had ever imagined that song was! And that's just one example out of many...

I'm dead for real, whether you're a Marley fan, a fan of peace, love, and life--WHATEVER--you simply NEED to watch this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Marley [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Growing up in Jamaica, you tend to hear a lot about "Bob" and you come to view him as a folk hero. This documentary showcased Bob" the man and was an eye-opener. Visits to the Bob Marley museum hint at a lot of what is revealed in the documentary but I think this film provides more of an understanding of the reasons behind the music. I rented the movie and now I intend to buy it and I don't feel like I've wasted a penny. Enough really cannot be said about how honest this film was and how authentic the people portrayed were. I did chuckle a couple times when I saw Jamaicans being Jamaicans but I think this added to the honesty of the documentary. I was not displeased and would recommend this to any Jamaican or Marley enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOng LIVE BOB, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a very informative movie if you just heard his music and liked it then this iis a must see to learn about the artist and his life and career.Marley (Theatrical Rental) j

5.0 out of 5 stars Marley: His legacy lives on, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Marley (DVD)
Last summer I found myself wanting to own some Marley music, and purchased the soundtrack without being familiar with the DVD itself. I enjoyed the music so much, I later came across the DVD on Netflix and watched it, all 2 and a half hours, with rapt attention. The DVD pays tribute to his life, music, & religion. It is full of concert footage, and goes a little bit into the history and political strife in Jamaica central to his music. I don't normally have the patience for DVD commentary, but I was so taken by Marley's life story, I watched it a second time through with commentary by Kevin MacDonald and Ziggy Marley, and was then moved to tears by the end. The commentary was excellent and is recommended, and creates a more intimate glimpse into Marley's life. His life ended too young, but the joy he created lives on all over the world. This DVD is so rich in special features you will want to spend an extra night watching them after the documentary is through. Previously I only knew of the music from the popular songs on the radio; having watched the DVD and purchased the soundtrack has broadened my understanding of his life and his influence on the world that continues today and his legacy that will live on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well done, May 19, 2012
Tunecrew (Kingston, Jamaica) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
Really well researched and well done - the best and most honest Bob film, and possibly the best reggae doc there is. Some particular strong points include talking with and about Bob's extended family on the Marley side - everything else on Bob always simplifies this side of things. Bunny was also uncharacteristically forthcoming, although I thought a bit more about Tosh would have helped. A final nitpick - showing Channel One while talking about Studio 1... hmmmmm

But this movie is 99.9999% on point - you will do well to watch it.

5.0 out of 5 stars possesions don't make you rich.. Life does!, April 23, 2012
This review is from: Marley [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
An inspiring story told in this documentary. The way the music helps the storyline is amazing. It is a must see for everyone who has a soul.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marley, May 29, 2012
This review is from: Marley (Amazon Instant Video)
A very in depth documentary about the life of Bob Marley. I found out some things i did not know. Was shown some rare footage

ARRAY(0xa000ad04)