5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Gore-tex for a very good price!
The website is quite confusing on the products. The womens' & mens' are all in the same web site. I bought one for myself and another one for my husband and that's how I found out the difference. If there is a zipper near the Marmot logo, then it is a man. The woman jacket has only side pockets. The man's is more boxy look but the woman's has a shape to it...
Published on May 17, 2012 by Spicy

3.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Jacket. Arms Are Way Too Long.
I bought this for a backpacking trip across Europe. It's a very well made jacket. It keeps water out, and keeps you warm if it is cold outside. The only problem I have with the jacket is that the sleeves are absurdly, disproportionately long. I had to roll the sleeves in about two inches for it to hit my wrist, which looks awkward.
Published 2 days ago by ztarnold

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Gore-tex for a very good price!, May 17, 2012

I bought a woman's Team Red (it's a VERY bright red colour), size S. Measurements:
inner armpit to the bottom of the jacket :17"
inner left armpit to inner right armpit: 20"
inner armpit to the end of the sleeve: 21.5"

A man's black, size L. Measurements:
inner armpit to the bottom of the jacket length:18"
inner left armpit to inner right armpit: 24"
inner armpit to the end of the sleeve: 23"

I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trusted Brand and a Great Jacket! Perfectly Simple, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Men's Minimalist Jacket (Apparel)
This jacket is everything I hoped it would be. Lightweight, waterproof, and as simple as can be. As a hiker, kayaker, and living in one of the rainiest places on the planet I needed a jacket that i could always carry with me over mountains and through killer valley's, and this is it. Fits nice even for the small guy like myself. Great jacket, pac-lite fabric feels like it should last. Well done marmot!

This is an all around winner 4 season jacket. Perfect for summer storms and great when layered for winter. That is the main reason I purchased it. I wanted a good breathable jacket to block the wind and moisture from the winter storms while hiking and backpacking. Great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 8, 2012
I use this jacket to commute by bike to work, and I've had it for about a month. For biking specifically, it's really great - it has a slim fit so that it isn't blowing in the wind, it has nice long sleeves (I have long arms and so my wrists end up cold if I'm riding a bike), and the hood tucks nicely behind your head so that it doesn't catch the wind. The jacket is long enough that it isn't riding up your back when you're on a bike - though it doesn't have the extra long back like you find with bike-secific jackets (which I don't like). I wear a Marmot light jacket underneath, and then just a T-shirt, and I've been comfortable down to about 35-40 degrees so far.

Fit - I'm 6'2" 165 pounds, and the large fits me perfectly. This isn't a baggy bulky jacket. It has a minimal weight to it, but feels substantial enough to be more than just a rain coat. It's truly a wind-proof water proof shell (thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I know this for sure!). As an outer layer, I think this thing will get me through the winter.

I don't really have any negatives to say about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised, February 15, 2013
It's definitely minimalist. If you need a gore-tex rain coat for the min price this is your solution. Make sure to buy one size up from usual as they run small, especially on the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, November 23, 2012
Great jacket which is extremely lightweight and can roll up in my backpack. Good fit with a good sized hood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, December 6, 2012
Bought this jacket for the rainy season in Costa Rica, works really well. Bought the L size, I'm 1.75mts in height and fits perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Jacket!, September 12, 2012
I just received this in "Team Red" and unlike the photo's on Amazon. It does not have the interior chest pocket or the headphone cord access hole. Although, I didn't buy it for those features, I thought to mention it for anyone looking for that type of features in a jacket. This jacket is light, comfortable and kept me dry while I was walking in a down poor for 20 minutes. The fit is great and so far I am happy with my purchase. Can't go wrong with a Marmot!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great functionality (pit vents w/ zippers, October 22, 2014
Fanastic jacket! Durable, pack able, great functionality (pit vents w/ zippers, front wallet pocket, snug hood and useful synch ties), stylish and affordable. The warranty for life is pretty awesome too and you don't even need to register anymore. Way to go Marmot! Only thing I am disappointed with is the fitting. The jacket could be a bit slimmer in the mid section and the sleeves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me dry on some rainy days!, January 21, 2013
Carlos (Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews
Kept me dry on some rainy days and is very compact to carry on a bag, suitcase, backpack. Price is reasonable compared to other gore-tex rain jackets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket!!!, January 2, 2013
Jason (Portland, OR, USA) - See all my reviews
This rain jacket arrived quickly, fit just right, and keeps me dry no matter how hard it rains. I would have expected nothing less from Marmot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›