4.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Women's Furlong Vest, Dark Steel, Large
This is a warm durable vest - I'm not going to say it has a lot of shape but I wanted something to walk my dogs and run errands that had a hood. This vest seems very warm and does fit narrowly but I like that because it doesn't really have any curves so it gives ot some - I sized up and am very happy with it.
Published 15 months ago by sd

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in shape
Published 19 months ago by Morgana

4.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Women's Furlong Vest, Dark Steel, Large, June 12, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in shape, February 22, 2013
Morgana (Bay Area, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Furlong Vest - Woman's
This vest is made of great material and the fur is wonderfully thick and soft, but the shape is very boxy and unflattering. I ordered according to Marmot's size chart and got a medium (I am 36-30-35, 5'5", 115#). The vest fits well in the chest but from there down is sort of A shaped- no waist whatsoever! Is not tapered like in the photo. It is boxy and baggy, just looks dumpy on. I had ordered this vest a few years ago and returned it for the same reason; I keep hoping they will redesign it and thought they had because it looks cute and tapered in the photos. If you want a feminine vest that shows your shape- this is not it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic, stylish, comfortable, January 26, 2014
Love it. Love the soft fur in the hood. Stylish and classy looking. Warm but not bulky. One of my fav winter pieces!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome vest!, January 10, 2014
Warm, comfy, and stylish! I get compliments on it whenever I wear it out and love the overall look. I generally wear a small, but ended up ordering an x-small and it has worked out perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faux Fur at its best!, December 22, 2013
I have purchased the Marmot Furlong jacket and now the vest. In my experience, I find that the jacket has a more relaxed cut than the vest. I struggle to zip the base of the vest, yet I can wrap the top of the vest around my bust (my proportions are such that my waist is much smaller than my bust, and I would assume that I would have the opposite experience). I wear an XL in almost all clothing manufacturers, and this is a SNUG fit for the hip/waist for my body. The exterior of the jacket is a moisture wicking fabric that also shuns wind and other inclement elements. The interior is a micro fleece that is soft and warm. My absolute most favorite part of the Furlong line is the faux fur. It is lovely and plush, and I receive compliments every time I wear either garment. My only reservation was how the "fur" lining of the armholes may be perceived. In wearing the vest with a variety of colors and fabrics, I have let go of that reservation. So, I will stop eating chocolate and work on closing the zipper, and in the meantime I will rock the vest-- opened!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Cold Weather Vest, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Furlong Vest - Woman's
This is the best vest for cold weather I've ever seen and believe me, I've tried plenty. I recently purchased it in Dark Steel and am very pleased with the color. The vest is form fitting and not bulky at all. Contrary to another reviewer, I wear mine underneath coats all the time with no problem. And I love the soft-shell material. It is easy to clean, does not collect lint and wears well. The hood is fantastic especially when it is windy or snowing outside. It is warm and stays on well plus it looks flattering, unlike some other hoods do. I also have this vest in black and plum. I wear sizes 2-4 and the XS is a great fit. You can't go wrong with the Marmot Furlong Vest. Just make sure you look at the Marmot sizing guide to ensure the correct fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
very good!

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but arm openings/shoulders run small, December 3, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Furlong Vest - Woman's
Ordered the vest in steel in a S. I got it quickly and love it. The fabric, the styling is awesome...but the shoulders and the underarms are small.. I'd like to wear regular shirts under it not just tight ones. So going to return it and get a M and see how that goes. it is form fitting and looks great. I don't think like another reviewer that it is too boxy at all. Hope the M works...fingers crossed. It's a stylin' vest...

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fitted vest!, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Furlong Vest - Woman's
I bought the coat version of this first and just loved the fitted style and warm super cute hood. So had to get the vest too. They both are very fitted so if you like lots of layers or want it to fit less snug, you might want to size up. I am 5'4", 115# and the small fits perfect, body hugging style but enough room to still wear a base layer and sweater underneath. Just love this vest!

5.0 out of 5 stars great find!, January 18, 2013
This vest is awesome. Its exactly as described, very cute. Very form fitting and comfortable. Keeps you warm and fashionable at the same time!

Marmot Furlong Vest - Woman's