4.0 out of 5 stars Biggest area per pound
Published on August 4, 2010 by CTStorm

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tent. I thought it would be smaller and ...
Good tent. I thought it would be smaller and lighter to carry, but it's pretty bulky and heavy. It's easy to assemble and take down.
Published 3 days ago by Joseph Whitlock

4.0 out of 5 stars Biggest area per pound, August 4, 2010
This review is from: Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent
Spent way too long researching tents for size, weight, durability, mesh area. Did not care about cost. This tent was the winner. I'm 6ft, head and toes don't touch ends. Sit up room excellent. Wide enough for me and 2-12yr olds. Hammered in rain for hours, with 90% humidity, 95F, doors open, not a drop. Vestibule big enough for packs. Stuff sack large for packing wet tent. Set instructions need help (longest poll attach to red tabbed corners and pole hubs smooth side face up) Don't worry about all the comments on the poles or difficulty setting up. Just follow the sentance above. Only con, zippers catch (4 of 5 stars). Really happy with purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tent, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent
This tent is very roomy (fits two 5'10'' adults very comfortably) with plenty of room at head and feet and to sit up. It is very light and seems to be made of a good material. I also bought the footprint to protect the bottom of the tent even more.

It stood up to winds of 35 mph just fine, although the material flapped constantly. But most importantly, it didn't collapse! The only problem I discovered after using this tent in the desert and in high winds is that dirt and sand blow up under the staked vestibules and into the tent. And I can't seem to figure out a way to prevent this. I've only been in windy/sandy conditions twice, so it is not a big inconvenience for me.

Set-up is super quick after your practice once or twice. And the tent easily packs away, no stuffing and huffing involved!

Very good purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but Big, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent (Sports)
My approach to backpacking is to buy for comfort and then figure out how to make it smaller or lighter. I bought this tent to replace an older tent that weighed about twice as much but was smaller. I'm a big guy and I'm very comfortable in this tent. The vestibules are a good size and without the rain fly it's essentially sleeping under the stars. Very nice.

The material is very thin and I wouldn't use it without a ground cloth. I don't know yet about the durability of this item. So far, I have the impression that it will last.

It's hugemongous in the provided stuff sack. So an additional compression sack is necessary. But with a compression sack it's an acceptable size, even including the ground cloth.

Happy Trails.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tent. I thought it would be smaller and ..., December 13, 2014

Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent