4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!
Published on September 9, 2008 by RickyDoo

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Customer Service
Published on September 28, 2009 by tartakd

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, September 9, 2008
This review is from: Marmot Eos 1 Person Tent (Sports)
Bought this tent with foot print for a wilderness trek at the BSA Philmont high adventure camp. Light and easy to pitch and strike. Zippers work fast and with little sticking. Keeps rain out well (if the fly is pulled down well over the ends). The free standing design is great for shaking off rain or dew and drying in the sun before packing up for the trail. Good in the wind. I bought it for the extra shoulder room and fairly large vestibule while maintaining reasonable weight. Complaints include: the orange color attracts bees, flies and yellow jackets; I'm 5' 10" and I find the head space just a tad bit annoying; not enough pockets, no hanging spots (although the two zipper loops if put at the top can double as a hanging spot); the poles don't fold up into a real small smooth package (someday, they may poke though the carry sack); no separate bag for the poles; the vestibule/entry is only on one side, which limits options when selecting sites to pitch the tent; their is no color coding on the tent straps (as claimed in the instructions) to orient the poles with the tent and footprint. I really like this tent. The solo models all have trade-offs. I feel this tent is an excellent balance of size, weight, quality, price, value, and functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tent, fly should be redesigned, June 30, 2012
D. L. Demarest (TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Eos 1 Person Tent (Sports)
This tent is great. It's the perfect size for a solo backpacker, lightweight, and and excellent value for the money. I wasn't ready to spend over $300 for a tent, and after doing a ton of research at tents in this price range, I settled on the Marmot EOS 1P, and I'm so glad I did. I'm 5'4", and when I sit up my head does touch the mesh walls since they taper at the top, but it isn't something that would bother me. A lot of taller, and broader people have mentioned being bothered by this, so be aware of that.
There was also a lot of comments about the rain fly being too short, so when I first set up the tent I was prepared to mess with it a bit. The rain fly should be bigger, however, it is not too short. There are clips with tab pulls that clip into the tent main body. You have to tighten those tabs all the way and make the fly really taut, and no water should get in.
This tent is lightweight, freestanding, has a large vestibule, and is easy to setup. I love the color, and the ventilation is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars eos 1p, October 20, 2010
This review is from: Marmot Eos 1 Person Tent (Sports)
What a great tent! Side entry is so much easier than front. Very quick and easy assembly. Plenty of space under the side extension of the fly to keep pack and boots dry. Super light. Love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Customer Service, September 28, 2009
tartakd (Washington, D.C. Area, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Eos 1 Person Tent (Sports)
If you ever plan to deal with the customer service, do not buy Marmot Tents. I sent them mine about 6 months ago (my tent has a lifetime warranty). After 5 years and about 5 2-3 day hikes per year the seam tapes started to go off. After 2 months I called them to find out that they received the tent and would replace it. I wasn't happy, since they no longer produced a single person tent for a 6ft tall person, but said OK. 2 months later I called and was told that my tent had mildew and would not be repaired or replaced. They offered me to buy a net tent at a discount. The cheapest I could find would have cost me over a $100. I said NO, I want my old tent back. They said they would ship it. 2 months later - no tent. I called them and the guy named Fry told me they still have my old tent in their office.

By the way, I dried my tent after every backpack and didn't see any mildew when I sent it.

ARRAY(0xa9481fe4)