5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing, July 23, 2013
I've bought 3 of these for my girls, and they work great for even heavy rain. If you don't have the ability to try these on, I can share my experience with sizing:
XS: size 4-5
S: size 5-6
M: size 7-8

My oldest is 7 and now wears a medium, so thats as far as I know. I'll buy the next size up when she starts to grow out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good rain jacket for very rainy weather, October 12, 2011
We live in a rain forest in Alaska and this jacket works well for my three young girls. They stay warm and dry. This jacket is very thin and extremely light weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Precip Continues To Be The Best Value, March 3, 2013
This is the third Marmot Precip jacket I have purchased over the years. It continues to be the best value in hard shells on the market in my view. Whether used as a rain shell or as a wind barrier over a soft shell, my Precip has never let me down over many miles of backpacking. It does the job, so no need to pay 2-5 times the price for any other hard shell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Great jacket - worth the price, October 30, 2012
This jacket is great. We decided to purchase after my husband purchased his last year...best coat for beating the rainy weather and as a top layer in the winter! The color is also so bright and cheerful for my four-year old daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, effective jacket, May 6, 2012
I bought two of these jackets, one for each child, for a trip we are planning to Alaska this summer. We were able to test their effectiveness very quickly as it was April in Minnesota. The jackets completely shed water and kept the kids dry while looking very smart...they are too old for "cute" raincoats. They are lightweight enough to pack small in their backpacks so they always have them during our unstable spring weather without making those packs heavier than they already are! There is ample room in them to wear heavier clothes underneath without feeling "bunchy", so they can keep warm, too. Can't wait to try them in AK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves the color and it has NO leaks, December 17, 2012
Can't ask for anything more out of a rain jacket IMO.

Well, from personal experience in the past with DWR jackets you *do* have to be careful to avoid abrading the fabric to keep it waterproof over the years. My daughter isn't, like most kids, very careful with it (stuffs it in her school backpack, sits on it all crumpled up, lies on it outside, etc.) so we'll have to see about its durability but so far it's been working perfectly.

Another bonus was that Marmot's sizing chart was dead on for my sz. 12-14 girl. We were comparing this jacket and another Marmot that was sized a small adult woman's and the differences in dimensions on waist, arms, and bust were slight but could have been important for general fit as my girl has no bust to speak of and doesn't have an hourglass shape at all. In short, it looks like Marmot gets that girls aren't just smaller women and the jacket fits my daughter like it should - and like their sizing chart said it would. Very pleased with that since trying on clothing by mail is a royal pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, November 1, 2012
My daughter loves this jacket. The colour is really vivid and looks lovely on.
We live in New Zealand and its going to be great for school camp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, great quality!, October 19, 2013
K Henson (Logan, UT USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my 5 1/2 year old, hoping that it would be large enough for her to grow into & wear for a few years. It's perfect! It's completely waterproof, we tested it at a football game in the pouring rain- after 4 hours she was warm & still dry! It's light weight so it fits easily in her backpack & it breathes so she can wear it while hiking without getting too hot. She loves it, I love it, we highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely waterproof, October 12, 2013
Thomas M. Redlinger (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This XS size is a big on our average sized 3 year old - comes down to her knees - but keeps her nice and dry. Tested in a torrential downpour - 100% dry child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, May 9, 2013
Chia Jin Ngee (Singapore Singapore) - See all my reviews
These are light rainwear that is great for the vacation where some rain is expected. Used this in Taiwan for my girls in the wet month of March 2012. They performed well and in fact beyond expectation as it rained for 7 of the 9 days we were there. Judging from the other reviews, I don't recommend this for huge tropical downpours.

Marmot Girl's Precip Jacket