5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Jacket, January 28, 2011
I love this jacket. It's a great layering piece - the Windstopper does its job, it's well vented, and the lack of insulation means that when appropriately layered it's very functional all the way up into the 40s/50s. I've been using it as a day-to-day jacket since I got it, as well as for hiking and trail running. the jacket does it all.

No real complaints on the jacket, though if I had design input a two-way zipper would have been an awesome addition, as would have been a 4th external pocket, perhaps on the sleeve (would be swell for an iPod/phone).

5.0 out of 5 stars great for outdoor activities; will block the wind and keep you warm, December 6, 2012
I bought this for my husband. He absolutely loves it. He biked to town on a cold November night with this jacket on and said it kept him nice and warm on the whole trip. His jacket is a "bright grass" color (very noticeable) and I think the color probably makes it safer to bike at night too. Great for outdoor activites on cold/rainly days. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., February 25, 2014
This review is from: Marmot Leadville Jacket - Men's
Trust the other reviews. This Leadville jackets do have very long sleeves. In my case, it is two inches too long. I like the right side inner pouch for my wallet and the left upper outer pouch for my cell phone. The M2 Gore grade fabric keeps me warm but I haven't had a chance to test out its ability to handle rain as California is in severe drought currently.

By the way, this jacket is definitely designed for people who are normal to slim built. Moreover, if you have thick arms, the sleeves might be too tight for you. It is strongly recommended to try it in a fitting room before you buy it.

3/2/2014 - update

I did wear this jacket in the rain. It is definitely not water proof. It is as stated - water repellent. Additionally, when I went for an hour of bike ride, it kept me warm but the sweat was trapped under the jacket. The perspiration is supposed to be vented out by the Gore fabric design but it did not.

4/20/2014 - latest update
I was wearing this jacket for two hours in a very windy and chilly night. This jacket is definitely not suitable for very windy and chilly days (48F). I felt cold. However, I did find the extra long sleeves helpful since I was able to hide my hands behind the sleeves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, October 8, 2011
The jacket is what I expected. Keeps you warm and good and wind resistance. The sleeves are a little long for me. The sleeves are also tighter than I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and warm, March 28, 2013
The jacket purchased on line without ever seeing one "in the flesh" was better than I expected. The combination of light weight and warmth is exactly what I wanted. Love shopping with Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get the Lead out, January 27, 2013
D. Wolf (Lakewood, Ohio) - See all my reviews
Overall, a great quality product from Marmot. Note: (and I wish I had gone to marmot's site). The Medium is really a large. I normally wear medium coats (Columbia) , shirts and sweaters, but this was huge. Marmot's website has the dimensions so I'd highly suggest going there first. I am 5'7 and this was fine through the chest and waist but the arm length (34") and torso is too long. The small would have been too tight.

I was contemplating exchanging this for the small but: 1. This item seems to be sold out in any decent colors 2. I actually like the larger size to layer underneath it.

I've taken this on 2 trail runs so far. Both in the 18 F range.... one at night and one during a sunny afternoon. First, the quality of this is amazing and worth every penny. It is heavier than a mere "soft shell". A long sleeved running thermal shirt and a tech T-shirt had me sweating 15 minutes into my run. I do have to say it does breath well but is much warmer in high intensity activities.... 2 layers under this was plenty down to 16F.

Highly recommend... would have 5 stars if it was not sized for an orangutan.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Leadville Jacket - Men's (Sports Apparel)
Great jacket, exactly the way it was described online when it arrived. Worth every penny. Definitely recommend the item, can be dressed up or dressed down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Size, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Leadville Jacket - Men's (Sports Apparel)
The only problem with the size is that the sleeves are extremely long, but the velcro on the cuffs adjust to keep the sleeve from going over my hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice jacket for the money, September 14, 2013
This is a low end Gore windstopper jacket and is tailored as such. It is an outstanding value but do not expect it to fit and move with your body the way a higher end jacket such as my Mammut Ultimate Hoody functions.

Great buy if budget constrained, but I would spend the extra for the fit of the Mammut for a jacket that will last years if this is truly for serious outdoor activity. If it is for general use I would buy it. That's how I use mine and am very happy with it for that purpose. Inf fact, I have two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 3, 2014
Very nice jacket. Extra long sleeves work very well on my bike in cold weather.