4.0 out of 5 stars Light, easy to use, all-inclusive!!
Published 19 months ago by Sean R. Anderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
First of all this is a heavy tent. That is obvious in the specs. It is in the price point of most tents this size and quality so no surprise there.

Hard to pack. It barely fits in the stuff sack and demands a tight roll up.

Published 16 months ago by W. Allen

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, easy to use, all-inclusive!!, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Limelight 2 Persons Tent (Sports)
I bought this tent in Spring and have used it at least ten times, car camping and backpacking. What I really like about it is that it is all inclusive: you don't have to buy a tarp (footprint) separate, the stakes and poles are great quality, and they even throw in a gear loft! I bought it on sale for $150 and it was a steal. Two things you need to know about this tent: when you put on the rainfly, always stake the front and the back, even if those are the only two stakes you use. If you forget to stake the back, whoever is farther from the door will get wet. It's just how it's designed. Second thing, the tent will fit nicely into the bag it comes in. The easiest thing to do is lay the footprint down, the tent on top of it, and the rainfly on top of that. Make sure that you lay the rainfly so it's the same size as the footprint. Fold it all in half, stuffing in the loose ends so it stays the same size as the footprint. Then roll it up. I love this tent. It's got a cool little windown on the rainfly and gear storage pockets on the side. When used the rainfly is plenty of insulation, but if you take it off most of the body is mesh so you can see the stars. In the morning it feels like I'm in a little orange spaceship. I've used it all over Pisgah, Gorges State Park, Grayson Highlands in VA...it's never let me down. Sturdy, well-made product. The only improvements I would make would be to make it a little bit easier to put together for one person (the poles are a snap to fit in the four corners with two people, but it take a little patience by yourself) and to give it the kind of bag where you could just stuff it in without rolling it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, December 24, 2012
W. Allen (Desert Southwest) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Limelight 2 Persons Tent (Sports)

Hard to pack. It barely fits in the stuff sack and demands a tight roll up.

Hard to put up. With one person the poles just don't stay put at first and a short dance will ensue attempting to get it up quickly.
Even if the poles stay put and one practices it is just a slow to set-up tent.

Worst part is it is not a warm tent. The ventilation is low and high so cold air leaks in and warm air escapes. Note the side view, you will basically be out side with cold air blowing on your face. when set up with the rain fly taut. Way too much screen for a fall-winter spring camping trip. A recent camping trip with a 20° sleeping bag that got down to ~30° was quite uncomfortable in this tent. I have been in similar or worse situation is my Eureka Timberline and was able to block out the elements much better for the same weight.

It appears the design was to make a lightweight summer tent and include a heavy rainfly for more extreme situations but as I said the ventilation is not thought out and cold air whips right through. I had to slacken the rainfly to hang against the tent vents to keep out some wind and this would not have been good in the rain.

The zippers are way to delicate. They could be a grade heavier with no weight penalty and operate smoother.

After 14+ nights in this tent I am going back to the Timberline. Simple pup-tent affair with simple to control ventilation and not more weight.

if this tent had fabric down at face level it may have been a great tent but as is only slightly better than outside for warmth.

Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars Super nice tent, August 5, 2013
I purchased this tent for my bug out bag, It is light and very quick to put up. As far as Toughness, well I set it up in my guest bedroom and allowed my 18-month-old grandson to sleep in it for three days, he played in it like the wild man that he is, and absolutely nothing was broken or destroyed. It will be TIGHT to get two adults in this comfortably. Better if it had two doors with To vestibules. But it was nice for my solo trips

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this tent!, May 18, 2013
Tammy R. Roach (Columbia, TN, US) - See all my reviews
I spent five nights on the Cumberland Island. One night there was a serious rain and wind. My Marmot tent was dry, dry, dry! I love it. There was plenty of romm for my sleeping mat, an overnight bag and a large suitcase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to setup and light, December 23, 2012
I used it for backpacking this past summer. Very easy to setup and light weight. It may be a bit tight for two person and gears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, light tent, November 30, 2012
This tent was a perfect addition to our outdoor collection. My husband used it for the annual RAGBRAI race in Iowa (riding 500'ish miles across the state of Iowa in 6 days), and it was light, easy to maneuver, and the perfect sleeping companion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, May 27, 2013
This was a gift for my rock-climbing daughter who finds it just right for her weekend get-aways. She is quite particular concerning her gear...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 1-2 person 3 season tent!, April 21, 2013
I am very happy with my Limelight 2P.

Incredibly easy setup, very weatherproof (wind and rain).
Lots of features for the price.

Not the lightest tent in the category.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice backpacking option, March 20, 2013
John Meyer (Goose Creek, SC United States) - See all my reviews
Tent is extremely easy to set up. Great for one person, a tight fit for two but doable. Construction is high quality and the fact that the fly and footprint are included is a great bargain. I have only used it with the fly installed, but the screening on the dome will eventually be very useful for a night under the stars in good weather. A bit on the heavy side for backpacking but the quality is hard to beat.

4.0 out of 5 stars First time camper, November 30, 2012
I've never been in a tent in my life, but I tested this one out at a local REI and a friend recommended it. It was very easy to use, enter into, get out of, put together, take down, put back together again (if you ever have to break it down because of boar rampages or anything crazy like that). It's a 2-person tent so it was spacious enough. I'm 5'8" so I didn't feel like my feel too tall for it. It's just a great product. It was like my little apt in the woods.

ARRAY(0xa58b32b8)