4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Tent!, March 4, 2013
Length:: 5:58 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars great success, September 11, 2012
Normally i'm a bag/bivvy/hammock kind of guy. or if i was forced to i would camp under a tarp/poncho. Now that i'm married with a little one I bought this tent. Setting it up the first time was a breeze, except i broke the plastic keeper on top (didn't seem to matter at all) The first time i camped with this tent was near olympia washington. it performed perfectly. the next time we camped in it was HOT (90's) and then it stormed dumping 5 inches in as many hours. I had our bags in the vestibules and they stayed dry, we stayed dry. other campers around us packed up and left, or moved to there cars.

Me and my wife are tiny 5'4" and 4'11" so size wise we very confortable, even with a baby in there.

very waterproof, without the fly its decently breathable, and very bugproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Limelight 3P 3-Season Backpacking Tent, November 13, 2013
Richard Leyden (Phila, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Limelight 3 Persons Tent (Sports)
This review is for the Marmot Limelight 3P 3-Season Backpacking Tent.

I wanted to get a few trips out with this tent before giving a review.

Pinchot Trail Lackawanna State Forest - (2 adults) 2 days 35° to 17° heavy wind gusts, light snow. (image posted above)
Musser Scout Reservation - (Solo) 2 days 45° - 60°
Palmyra cove Nature park - (My son 11 yr old and myself) 1 day 45° Heavy Rain.
Camp Delmont - (solo) 2 days 45° - 60°
Hickory Run State Park - (solo) 2 days 45° - 50°

My build - 5' 9" 215 lbs.

I have no negative comments about this tent it has worked flawlessly and it is extremely easy to setup.
The tent is comfortable for two adults and there's a bit of room that you can place some clothes, boots and such.
The vestibule is OK for a 65 litre pack.
I love this for solo camping as I can easily dress in the tent. I looked into the 2 person version but was afraid to take a chance because of the reviews on it being a leaker!
This is a bit heavy for Solo Backpacking at 6.5 lbs. but with 2 guys sharing the weight, is a breeze. I don't mind the weight and have adjusted my pack accordingly. I roll up my sleeping bag with the tent and stuff it in the lower compartment of my pack, the poles are attached to the side of the backpack.
The Marmot Limelight 3p tent comes with a footprint and everything is color coded to assure a fast and easy setup. The tent stakes are aluminum and do the job.

Doors are functional, zippers work well, a nice touch is the reflective areas of the tent (no stealth camping here).

Iread every review on this tent before purchasing before I made my final decision
REI 's website has 85 revies and here are the cons out of thos e85 reviews

Heavy (13)
Condensation (7)
Too cramped (3)

My thoughts on the cons,

Heavy, hmmm. well let me say this: This is not for someone that is into ultralight backpacking, this tent is even a bit heavy for the light backpacker but the price reflects that. Plus the fact that it's a three person tent makes it a bad choice for a light backpacker. I don't mind the weight as I like having a freestanding tent with room for 2 adults, my fear is that if you have some bad weather where you are stuck in the tent for any length of time, you can at least sit around and play cards or something to keep busy. It's also nice as this is fairly comfortable for two adults even with getting dressed in the morning, if you buddy up, one guy can carry the tent, the other guy carries the fly, poles and footprint, I'm sure the weight would be fairly even so that would be about 3.5 lbs each!

Condensation, all of my trips I had 0 Condensation on the inside of the tent, only on the inside of the fly and that was only on the Pinchot Trip, I just wanted to make that clear as others just say they have condensation.

Too cramped, lets address that right now, pretty much anytime you buy a tent you always go one person under what you plan on using it for 3 man=2 man, 4 man=3 man, etc... This tent has more than enough room for two adults.

It's really a shame that folks give a lesser rating when the product is functioning as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tent, May 10, 2013
I just returned from a trip where we set up camp in a different site every night and I got to put this up and break it down a lot. What a great tent, easy to use, a good size for me @ 6'4" plus loads of gear. Really like the fact that they include a footprint ( ground sheet) to keep everything clean. There is nothing that I don't like about it. Superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tent., June 19, 2013
I got this tent to replace our trusty old tent of many years that decided to give out during a rainstorm. I'm very happy with the tent. This is actually the first time I have had fun putting a tent together. I have a feeling we will be using this tent even longer than our old trusty tent (R.I.P old blue).

Pros:
Looks great
Puts together VERY EASILY
Very sturdy
Great storage

Cons:
Slightly smaller than I was expecting, but that was my fault for thinking our old tent was a three person tent, or maybe it is time for me to lose weight!! A queen size air mattress just fits in the tent, leaving no room for anything else on the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up, May 1, 2013
I love this tent. This tent is perfect tent for 2 adults, maybe 3 but it would be a little snug. The set up is very easy. I had my 9 year old and 10 year old set it up and they did it in less than 5 minutes.

Great design. It was really windy and the tent held up great. Kept me warm at night with the full coverage rain fly while others were freezing. I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine back backing tent for 3 men, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Limelight 3 Persons Tent (Sports)
Love this tent. Have used it a few times on extended backpacking with my sons. Sets up in the rain well, and in the dark. Does not leak in the rain. I have only used it in 3 season weather. My sons and i are 6' tall and we fit fine in it. Though this year they may both be taller than me, so we will see.

As always, set up any new tent you are unfamiliar with a few times so that you can set it up rapidly when you plans don't quite match the reality of the situation. It can be set up by one person, but it is quicker with two. Plenty of venting so condensation has not been a problem with three inside during cool near foggy conditions.

Like it very much. I have the orange version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tent for the money, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Limelight 3 Persons Tent (Sports)
Great tent ! So easy to set up even in high wind. I taken this tent from the Rocky Mountains to backpacking in the volcano national park in Hawaii and it has been great in all conditions .

I would buy this tent again and recommend to to my friends

Happy travels

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding tent, December 26, 2012
Previously seduced by the ultra low prices of decent dome tents, I splurged for this lightweight but sturdy tent for its room and overall quality. Ditto to superlatives already stated by other buyers

4.0 out of 5 stars eaz-e up, October 5, 2012
This tent is so simple its ridiculous. My boyfriend and I went on a road trip this summer and set it up and took it down four different times without a complaint ever. The hardest thing about this tent is to find the perfect little spot for it, which isn't too hard either! It fits easily on any kind of campsite, in and out of the trunk of a honda civic and is so light. Oh! I also took it too a music festival and it was great being about to put it up all by myself annddd later on and surprisingly three extra people (including me!) ended up sleeping in my tent. It worked out well because it was cold out and the snuggling space kept us warm and happy. Thanks Marmot!

ARRAY(0x9dc15cd8)