5.0 out of 5 stars great tent
Published on April 10, 2012 by kenna88

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the zippers
Published on March 7, 2012 by sean jackson

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the zippers, March 7, 2012
First, they are very easy to set up and can be set up relatively quickly (a one person job in 3 minutes). They only use two long poles and two short poles, which makes for the quick assembly. Sidenote: the longer poles are no longer straight. This is not a problem as it is expected to be normal for these size of tents but it does make for a little more difficult of a time packing.

Second, don't expect to fit four people comfortably in one tent. While it is advertised as a four person tent, it is perfect for two. Four people would be cramped even if just sleeping on the ground in sleeping bags rather than on cots like we use.

Third, the rainfly on each tent is full coverage, going all the way to the ground and work great! We never had an issue with water or condensation getting inside the tent. However, the full-coverage rain fly does NOT prevent sand from blowing through. We have had plenty of sand come through the tent in sandy desert areas and cover our stuff with a layer of sand.

Finally, probably the biggest issue we have had is with the malfunctioning zippers. Most of the zippers on the door of the tent as well as the rainfly have either broken, been difficult to close or have quit working completely.

Overall we like the tents and Marmot is going to replace the zippers on those that do not work. For the occasional camper wanting to buy these tents, they are a good TWO person option!

5.0 out of 5 stars great tent, April 10, 2012
Just bought this tent less than a month ago and took it out on its maiden voyage to the Devils River near Del Rio, Texas. Held up great against uneven surfaces and ventilation was great. The last night on the creek bed we had a flash flood which washed out the entire 40 feet on either side of the river. The tent held up great in the flood (no water seeping through the sides or on the bottom) and the rain fly shed water and held up fine against the wind. I would definitely recommend this tent for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tent! I'm so smart for choosing it! LOL, September 5, 2013
Long-time 61-year old camper and backpacker here. Have owned many many tents over the years.

The particular things I like about this tent are (1) so fast to put up and take down especially when there are swarms of mosquitoes about; (2) as a 6-footer I can stand up in the tent while dressing and undressing simply by bending my head down; (3) I can deploy the fly, then disconnect it from 3 stakes and fold the whole fly down onto the ground on one side of the tent. Then I get to enjoy the night scenery and breezes, but if it starts to rain, I can get the fly deployed again in 35 seconds. Yes, I've timed it.

Only one thing I did not like and that was the lack of any tie loops inside the tent. Minor nit that I fixed by sewing in some tie loops myself. This is for stringing up a cord inside the tent to hang wet clothes at night.

One reviewer said it's not big enough for four people. He must be new to camping--no 4-person tent is big enough for 4 people! LOL The "person" designation that all tent manufacturers use is just to tell you the relative size. A 4-person is bigger than a 3-person and smaller than a 6-person. Other than that, if you are shopping for a tent and need a certain size, then you need to look at the tent dimensions that are shown in the list of specifications.

Another reviewer also whined about the size of the stuff sack. My sack is fine. I'm able to roll up the tent, the fly, a heavy poly footprint, the vestibule doormat, a big plastic mallet, extra stakes, and extra guy lines with room to spare. The tricks you need to use for any tent is (1) lay the tent bag down next to where you are folding up the parts so that you can eyeball the folded length before you start to roll everything up. If the folded length is too short, the rolled-up bundle will be too fat for the bag. And (2) you need two or three cinch straps to keep the rolled up bundle nice and tight while you pull the tent bag down over it.

About the footprint, I never buy footprints if they are not included with the tent. For light duty tents, I use Tyvek house wrap that must first be thoroughly crinkled up and wetted and crinkled some more to make it soft and silent before you use it with your tent (Google it.) For heavier-duty tents, like this one, I use a blue tarp--cut off all the grommets and hemmed edges. Very strong, surprisingly thin without the edging, it won't unravel, and its waterproof (not that a footprint needs to be waterproof.)

There have been some complaints about the poles on this tent bending. Yes, they do bend. Get over it. They will bend slightly the first or second time you put it up and then they will happily keep that slight bend for the remainder of the life of the tent. No harm in that. Just remember that these are lightweight poles so use common sense when putting up the tent.

Oh, and to put this review into perspective, I've not used this tent a lot yet, but I expect I will. I bought it at the beginning of the summer (to replace a Kingdom 4) and I camped in it 23 nights at 11 different locations. I'm retired now so I get to go camping all I want! Looking forward now to Fall and Winter camping here in the great Pacific Northwest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Passed the test!, March 6, 2012
Got my "Limestone 4" the 1st week in March 2012. Set it up just before the storm front came through. We had 25MPH winds and horizontal rain for 18 hrs straight... the tent stayed firmly planted and didn't leak a drop. I'm well pleased with the room inside and the panoramic view we had the next day after removing the fly. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Limestone 4 Tent, June 22, 2011
I am impressed by how easy this tent is assembled. 10 minutes for first time. Most of that is fly adjustment. The overall construction looks to be of good quality and well thoughtout. As for size, four adults will be tight not leaving much room for gear. (Could be stored in vestibule). Seems like loads of ventilation, we'll test in hot summer to see. Will need to keep the fly on for privacy concerns. Overall very happy. Only con; getting it back in the storage tote bag. Needs to folded just right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tent - some annoying but minor design flaws., July 16, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Limestone 4 Persons Tent (Sports)
I own a Marmot 2p tent and this is the same good quality.

I got this for camping with just one kid so I could set up and take down easily. Up in just a couple minutes. Comes down just as easily, but I'll likely invest in a bigger stuff sack. No need to mess around with trying to roll it just right to get it in the one provided. Important for a backpacking tent, but for a 4 person, it's just unnecessary.

I deducted 1 star because of minor, annoying design flaws. Aside from the too-small stuff sack the silly door mat has some issues The door mat is a good idea, It basically is designed to fit under the vestibule. However, as designed, it attaches to each front corner of the tent only, leaving a big 'half moon" gap between the fabric and the tent entrance just where you need it most. Also, the velcro straps which attach the fly to the pole structure are very short and difficult to manipulate. Would hate to have to mess with it on a dark, rainy night. You can just skip attaching them, but if Marmot is going to put them there, they should work well.

I wish Marmot would have skipped the vestibule mat and just provided the footprint. Much more important and it's a pain to have to pay another $50 to get one.

Tent poles for light tents are going to bend with use. I have high quality 2, 4, 6, and 8 person tents and all the longer poles have bent slightly with use, over. But, they bend to the shape needed. This is just how it is when they are designed to be light. It doesn't impact function and doesn't make it noticeably harder to pack.

The zippers seem light duty, but the ones on my 2p Marmot are the same and have been working for 10 years. I can't say the same for my Big Agnes 8 person. That's a company that needs to invest in better quality zippers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, December 31, 2013
Room for two and a queen blow up mattress, plus a medium dog. Great rain fly that ensures that there is no room for water to get in. Love the orange for visibility. The ventilation works well until it gets towards 90. But, there's no getting around that when there's no air movement. Used this mostly in North Dakota and Minnesota so far. Plan to take it to Oregon and back soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooo, it's awesome, October 29, 2013
Couldn't ask for a better tent. Pops up in just a few minutes. Nice height (you can stand, with a little bit of hunching) . Nice screens. Easy-to-use rain fly. (As to be expected, it is not actually a 4 person tent. But this seems to be standard. It's more like 3 or even 2.(

2.0 out of 5 stars Problems, February 6, 2014
I love Marmot tents. This is my 3rd purchase and I decided to upgrade to a 4 person. I usually get a 2 person tent.

Positives: the tent is very roomy, great for stargazing, great ventilation, lots of indoor extras for storage, great vestibule, also keeps you warm and dry.

Big negative: two of the poles bent on me and one completely cracked when a brisk wind came along. Am getting a replacement under warrantee but this was a real bummer!

ARRAY(0xd8861954)