4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tent
Published on March 28, 2012 by Islandcopout

2.0 out of 5 stars space is great but very dissapointed with the quality
Very dissapointed. Assembly and dissasembly is ok, space is great but very dissapointed with the quality: get water thruough the floor , that is completely unnaceptable from a Marmot tent. Also completely transparent to the light.
Published 1 month ago by rvergili

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tent, March 28, 2012
Islandcopout (Puget Sound, WA USA) - See all my reviews
An extremely easy tent to set up, it is also very light. The tent itself is 1/2 screen material and 1/2 fabric material which may make it a bit "airy" for colder climes. I first used it in November during wind and rain conditions and found it to be very dry although a bit chilly. The included rain fly provides excellent coverage of the tent and the only condensation I noted after camping for 7 days straight was in the vestibule area of the rain fly and did not affect the tent interior. As is usual with most tent advertising, this being sold as a 6 person tent is quite a stretch of the imagination, which is why I only gave it a 4 star rating. It sleeps 2 VERY comfortably along with gear. 3 people could use it if gear is left in your vehicle. Any more than that is going to be downright crowded. Tent is difficult to store in the provided bag, but I usually put mine in a larger vented sports bag along with the poles. Speaking of poles - they are substantial and not flimsy or cheaply made. Quality all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rain Review, March 24, 2012
Summary: If you plan on family camping more than once and insist on staying dry, this is your entry point. If our family wanted more tent, we would upgrade to canvas with double the cost and 4x the weight. This tent fits our needs perfectly.

Set-up: Easy. 20min, one person, first time.

Construction Quality: This tent has a great balance of weight/quality materials. I did not get the impression Marmot cut corners anywhere to save money on construction; other than being made in China (what isn't?). Weight is somewhat important to us as we like the option of dividing up for hike-in's.

Space: There is always a trade off with having lots of room and finding a place to set-up. This tent is a perfect compromise. We slept 2 adults, 2 tween children and a 70 lb dog using a queen air mattress and 2 Thermarest. It was cozy, but we still had enough room for our packs and space for one person to stand up in the middle to change. This tent is just the right size to house our family and not need a wide open prairie to set up.

Rain/Moisture: Our Limestone 6 just went through 3 days with 4" of rain, 30mph gusts and temps in the high 30's. We stayed completely dry with no additional sealing or taping. When breaking camp, I did notice a little moisture between the fly and tent in some places. Given the number of bodies and the temp/dew point over the 3 days, this was probably unavoidable. I will also disclose I did not take advantage ALL possible places to use guy lines as Marmot did not provide enough stakes or lines. This probably wouldn't have been a problem in normal conditions and we still stayed completely dry inside.

Tips: Buy the footprint, watch the YouTube video on setting up, bring 2 extra stakes/guy lines and use colder rated bags so you can take advantage of the great tent ventilation keeping everything nice and dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry through days of rain, August 13, 2011
Oh what a relief it was to have this bright, cheery orange tent in rainy weather. It kept us dry through several days of rain. And then the nice man on the Cat D6 bulldozer came and towed our car up the road that had turned to mud.

*Fast and easy to set up
*Has vestibule
*High enough to stand up in
*Orange color is easy to spot, and cheerful
*Nice Marmot logo is reflective for night finding
*Private (can't see in) when all zipped up

It's worth it to spend a little bit more on a quality tent like this.
Make sure to get the footprint, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent 6-person tent from Marmot!, September 3, 2014
R. Asphaug (Centennial, CO USA) - See all my reviews
We've had this tent for 2 years now and have been very impressed with its ease of setup, headroom, stability in high winds, and total imperviousness to heavy rain. It provides room to spare for my wife and me with a queen-size inflatable mattress, plus our two boys with Thermarests, and our Golden Retriever. It would easily sleep six adults. The vestibules are large and very handy. We bought this tent after our last one was demolished in a Southeast Utah windstorm, and have been very happy.

Setup is easy - I usually set it up by myself; when my wife or one of our kids helps out it goes even faster. The fact that the poles only need threading through a small portion of mesh is very good. The mesh itself is strong unlike mesh on other tents I've used from high-end manufacturers. Everything is color-coded: the blue anodized aluminum rods go in the blue pockets, the yellow rods go in the yellow clips. It can be a little difficult sometimes to figure out which end of the fly goes where, but Marmot has tried to make it as easy as possible by using color-coding at two of the clips. The fly clips in place, and is very tight and wind/rain proof when properly staked.

The stakes that come with the tent are more than adequate, although I've bought some cheaper steel stakes through Amazon that are even burlier. I've also bought reflective ropes for guying down the tent in extreme conditions.

Construction quality appears quite good to me. It has withstood an eager Golden Retriever and two young boys.

The headroom is outstanding: I'm 5'11" and I can easily stand up in the middle of the tent.

As can be seen from the pictures, the fly comes down almost to the ground yet stakes out so there's plenty of ventilation. We have stayed bone dry through major rainstorms with hail.

One more nice thing: We have the green version, which is very understated and blends in easily during the day. But it does have a nice, white Marmot logo that's easy to spot - and that practically glows in the dark when a flashlight gets anywhere near it. It is very easy to find this tent in the dark.

All in all, we have absolutely no complaints and have been very, very happy with this tent. Highest recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Setup. Stand Up Room., August 23, 2013
Strong poles, easy to setup and overall well designed. Took me a few mins to figure out the features etc, but should be an easy setup from here on out. With a tent this big it helps to have another person around, but I think this one will be fairly easy even solo when I dont have any help around. Thanks marmot!

5.0 out of 5 stars huge tent, December 27, 2012
a great tent. huge amount of room for family camping, and huge rain fly that completly covers the tent. awsome

2.0 out of 5 stars space is great but very dissapointed with the quality, July 28, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., November 26, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Limestone 6 Persons Tent (Sports)
We've spent at least 40 nights in this tent. Here are my concerns. Tents stakes were cool until camping in the desert, they won't hammer into hard ground, I'm taking the chinese nails with the green plastic top on them next time. I've been able to get it back in the bag once at home, not too big a deal. The vestibule could be a tad bit larger for the size of the tent, don't expect to close the vestibule with out opening the tent, but it keeps the foot print smaller. Were starting to get a tear in the screen material where the poll clips are sewn in on two of the corners, that may not be a problem if your 5 year old doesn't bounce off the walls. Other than that, the tent sets up easy, polls are strong, and the limited wind and rain it's been in was fine. I really like this tent, it works well for the four of us, and I'd buy it again. I like it enough that when I get a back packing tent, I will lean toward Marmot.

Marmot Limestone 6 Persons Tent