5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack
Published 10 months ago by Leesa White

3.0 out of 5 stars color blue compressor
Not designed for the big guy with big shoulders. Straps (shoulders) are like string . Not recommended for brawny men. Good for women. Smaller than what I had expected.
Published on December 6, 2012 by emac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack, February 7, 2014
Leesa White (Houston, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
I was going on a trip to Macchu Pichu and the Galapagos that involved a lot of hiking, and wanted a lightweight backpack that didn't take up much room in my suitcase. This Marmot Kompressor Pack was PERFECT! It weighs less than one pound and folds up into itself converting into a little zippered pouch, so takes up hardly any room and adds hardly any weight to your suitcase. It holds an amazing amount of stuff. Since it is a toploader, it can hold things that are pretty large (e.g., it held my collapsible walking sticks just fine, along with a bunch of other things). The Kompressor straps are very useful to make the bag smaller when it is either not full, or is filled with soft things (clothing, towels) that cna be compressed. It has a strap that buckles across the front so that the bag is on tight and doesn't move around or slip off as you hike or climb. It has a zipper pouch in the top to put small things so you don't have to dig around for them in the main compartment (money, ID, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. -- it holds quite a bit). The straps are very comfortable. The final plus is that it has a removable stiff but thin foam piece that (a) adds form to the pack if desired, (b) can be removed to sit on e.g. if the area is wet or dirty, (c) can roll up into the zipper pouch, or (d) can be totally removed to reduce the overall weight of the bag. I like this backpack so much that I purchased one for my brother and his wife to use when they travel. HIghly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Passed its first test easily, May 3, 2013
KenP (Kirkland, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
First time out backpacking, I used it to compress my Mountain Hardwear 35/50 bag; turned it into a volleyball which easily fit in the right spot in my backpack. The compression straps are solid and easy to adjust.

After setting up camp, I used it for a short (and hot) excursion; I dropped my 100oz Camelbak into the sleeve, put my DSLR in the sack, and headed off. Everything was held in place just fine. It does have a smallish feel to it, but if you only put a few pounds in it, it does exactly what it's supposed to do -- give you the best combination of a dual-purpose sack that is super-light and more than adequate.

I'd highly recommend this if you do a lot of backpacking and basecamp excursions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
Exactly as described. Remove the foam bag and then stow it in it's own pocket. Perfect to throw in luggage. break it out when you hit your destination and then go see the sights while still having a decent place to stow a jacket, purchases, camera, water bottle, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not great at being a Compression Sack or Backpack, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
Bought this to be a compression sack that serves a dual purpose while backpacking. It turned out that it's not that great as a compression sack since the straps seemed to get in the way while packing a very tight backpack. As a day pack it's good if you don't overload it with water bottles or anything else heavy. It does have a spot where you can put a small water bladder where the foam insert lives. It's a no frills design that has been my go to music festival bag this summer. We can fit two Thermarest Trekker Chair, two Marmot Men's Precip Jacket, a Camelbak 50 oz Antidote Replacement Reservoir and some miscellaneous stuff like phones, flask and other necessary festival items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, many uses, September 10, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
This is a staple for anyone that is active outdoors. Great price too.
I can use as a stuff sack for a sleeping bag, took it to the skateboard comp as a day pack, and hiking. fits a windbreaker, shoes, jeans, water bottle and even my mac...although its not padded for a laptop. The zipper flap is just enough room for wallet and sunglasses, easy access. I love this little lightweight pack. Seems durable and has a chest strap which I love to feel secure when climbing over boulders on a hike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy compressible lightweight pack, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
I bought this pack to take on a two wk trip to Nicaragua. I wanted something light wt (it's only 10 ounces) but sturdy (it held lots of heavy items and made it through several crazy festivals). It has a tiny foam frame that slids in and out (I took mine out so I could compress mine smaller). I recommend this for travel or as a small day pack. Side note- if you are looking for a bag with various compartments and a solid frame- this is not for you. But I highly recommend it for the above reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for day hikes, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
Have been on several day packs since purchasing, both with and without a water reservoir. It is GREAT. Nice simple pockets and can hold a surprising amount of stuff. It's also worn great and seems to be durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and durable, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
My wife do like it due to it is light and durable and you can put in it a lot different stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Kompressor Pack (Sports)
Gave this as a gift to my boyfriend and I end up stealing it all the time for hiking, super easy to wash...hasn't had a lot of wear but is holding up just fine and still looks new

3.0 out of 5 stars color blue compressor, December 6, 2012