5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for city and travel

Published 15 months ago by Anferserious

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for city and travel, October 31, 2012
City Dweller 5 (Seattle, Wa. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Men's Ama Dablam Jacket (Apparel)
This jacket is pretty toasty and comfortable as well as very light weight. The finish is just slightly shiny, about halfway between matte and gloss. It looks attractive but does not overly scream for attention. The fit is on the trim side but seems normal. I usually wear a medium and the medium fits me just fine. I could put a hi-tech layer under it if I needed to but have not felt the need to thus far. I am 6 feet and 169 pounds. I use it for travel and not outdoors stuff so can only speak from that experience. These are not "waterproof" (I use a Marmot Precip as an outer shell with this jacket if need be) but I have used it with an umbrella in steady but not heavy city rain and it has repelled water just fine. In wind chill I have been quite comfortable. It gets good points regarding value for money as a down jacket. I also rate it highly for design as you can adjust the sort of things on it you would want to for comfort and getting cozy. As an overall item I think five stars is not exaggerating. Some Canadian users I have read have used it down to -15 C (about 5 F) and rated it well. I have worn it in 28 F or so (-2 C) and have no complaints. I have no problem recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm, great layer for the cold days, February 1, 2013
Fit was right on. Not too bulky and it is cut well with not too much fabric around the mid section. I wore it on a recent late season duck hunt in 18 degree weather and it preformed very well. Works great as a layer underneath my camo shell. The hood is luxurious and VERY warm. Can be worn stand alone as well. I can recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars go for it., January 5, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Ama Dablam Jacket (Apparel)
Love the jacket. Want something different from other downs. Go for it. I really like the 2 zipper system and packable in inner pocket. Really keeps me warm. Had for more then a month now. I hope it's made in USA. Sadly it's China.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but not that warm, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Ama Dablam Jacket (Apparel)
Bought this jacket last year from amazon and expected killer Marmot warmth for the money. But it only offers mediocre warmth. I have owned the Guides down jacket for nearly 12 years and it is still way warmer than this jacket. I love Marmot but i think they are stretching there feathers a little too thin. If you are looking for some serious backcountry warmth, i would look someplace else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 12, 2011
I never knew parkas could be so lightweight and still keep you from freezing. One of the best things I have purchased in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, January 27, 2011
It was a Christmas for my stepson. He was very happy with the quality of the coat. I was very happy with the service and how fast I received it after I purchased it online.

5.0 out of 5 stars marmot good down jacket, November 11, 2013
very light. very warm with the hoody.
very good down jacket.

But, i should mention one thing, the skin of the jacket if very very frail,so be carefull when you wear it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket inside and out, March 1, 2013
It's a solid product that provides protection from the cold and isn't heavy. I love the look of the material it looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased with Marmot, January 16, 2013
I received the jacket in the mail fast, in time to take with me on my Christmas vacation. I was very pleased with the Marmot and the construction quality of this jacket. The weight of the jacket is lite and easy to pack in your luggage. It kept me very warm in 30 degree windy weather. It is a nice looking jacket and I would recommend it highly to future friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it. Nice, light, and warm. This is exactly what I need., January 9, 2013
I like it.
Nice, light, and warm jacket. This is exactly what I need. I am wearing it in cold weather -25 C degrees and no problem at all.

ARRAY(0x99334960)