4.0 out of 5 stars extremely light, DWR feelsa little too fragile
Published 20 months ago by lyrill

3.0 out of 5 stars Tighter fit
The fit is tighter than expected. Otherwise it's a very nice jacket. It's light weight but warm and very comfortable.
Published 7 months ago by Sac

4.0 out of 5 stars extremely light, DWR feelsa little too fragile, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Men's Ares Jacket (Apparel)
yep for the money 800 down is the best option out there. but the DWR  coating honeestly sucks. why? cus even some slight water spill stains it instead of rolling off, and it does not feel premium, it feels like it's grainy cheap plastic paper. I see no appeal in packing this thing up, i never pack clothing, especially not expensive fragile ones.. I do not intend on abusing this one, but if it stand up to any abuse i will report back to ya all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tighter fit, January 8, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot ares jacket, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Ares Jacket (Apparel)
I absolutely love this jacket! I went snowboarding in this jacket and I didn't feel a thing!i absolutely recommend buying this jacket! Though on other websites they say that it's just a cruising around town jacket. NO it's not i went snow boarding and I fell a lot of times and the outside got moist but I didn't feel anything. Though one thing is that In the back it's it got flat for a while but then it puffed back up. It doesn't stain when you drip water in it sure if you drop gallons, but when I went snow boarding it was reflecting snow and I didn't feel anything I felt warmth! Great jacket must buy for casual wear or outdoor adventures!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Jacket, October 12, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Men's Ares Jacket (Apparel)
This jacket is absolutely great. I just got mine about a week ago and I love it already. Having loved all of my previous Marmot purchases, when looking for a new down jacket I figured that I couldn't go wrong with continuing the trend, and this jacket stood out to me. I wanted a jacket that was both warm and durable but also really nice looking and fashionable, and the Ares is perfect. I have the Cobalt Blue/Dark Fern and it looks totally awesome. The tri-color scheme is very bright and has a vintage look to it. The down is super warm and compressible and the jacket is very soft and fluffy. Another great feature are the fleece lined pockets which are not mentioned but were a very pleasant surprise! They're perfect for keeping your hands warm and out of the wind. Also I got caught in a rain in it the other day and the fabric actually did a great job of wicking away the water drops. The jacket has a very light feel to it but is definitely very warm and can be worn as is or under another layer like a shell or heavy coat. Overall it is a great jacket and I would highly recommend it.

Marmot Men's Ares Jacket