5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Light
Published on June 28, 2011 by Miles D. Walz

3.0 out of 5 stars they are kind of tight
bought two pairs, same size; the Tan ones are too tight too actually wear, so I gave them to my son.
Nice quality, tough, not too warm, just too small. The black ones, on the other hand, are now my go-to
gloves for driving, etc.
Published 17 months ago by DuncanH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Light, June 28, 2011
Love these gloves. I used them this past winter while stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. They are a great glove for everyday use, wearing to work, the gym, or even to dinner. I used these while helping a friend build a barn in temperatures from 20-30 degrees. They are warm enough in the mid 20's and I was able to hold a hammer and drive nails with them. Any colder than 20 or with a wind chill I'd get a warmer glove. I will buy another pair of these if they wear out. I might just buy another pair just because they're that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, February 16, 2011
These gloves are awesome. I purchased them for a recent trip to Kenya where I spent the days clearing trails in one of the forests. Not only did they look really nice, but they fit perfectly. I have small hands, but my fingers are long, and so I'm used to work gloves just being big and boxy. These fit "like a glove" (sorry for the pun), making them more effective for gripping, etc. They are also tough. We used machetes to clear away vines and branches and these gloves stood up well. At one point, we encountered a massive bush with prickers that only I was able to clear because of the gloves. Nothing got through. I highly recommend these gloves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft leather, built well, October 22, 2011
I bought these gloves to wear for exercise walks in the cold/wind and also to use when doing garage projects in the winter. I have used them for walks, and they are good for keeping my hands warm in weather from probably 30-50F. They are not heavily insulated and I wouldn't call them winter gloves. They do have some insulation. The leather is very soft. I bought XL since I am a larger individual - they fit a little tight but not too bad, and hopefully they will stretch just a little bit if I work with them for a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars they are kind of tight, March 26, 2013
gloves for driving, etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable if you actually work in them., January 15, 2013
I bought these because I love marmot's products. Thinking that these would be quality work gloves, I purchased them. I work in the hub at UPS and my work is dirty and rough on the hands. They were great for the first week, at about the 1 1/2 week period they began to fray and tear at the fingers. I'm going to have to contact Marmot about my options, but I need a glove to protect what my hands cannot withstand any longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insulated all-around glove, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Men's Basic Work Glove (Sports)
I am a fan of these gloves. I wear them almost all the time when it starts to get cold. They're much like the name suggests, a basic work glove, but insulated. I like them for driving, and they're a great glove for going to and from hockey games!

5.0 out of 5 stars well made, January 11, 2012
My husband goes through gloves very fast and most are never warm enough for him or they don't well. So far he thinks these are great.. they look much better then the picture shows and are made of nice leather. They fit well for large hands and keep his hands very warm. I think they are a great pair of gloves for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars driving gloves, but not my 'go to', July 11, 2014
get what you pay for like anything else- they're not expensive and have a sort of synthetic feeling from the liner inside, but for a pair to leave in the car for winter days they do the job

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, December 6, 2013
David (Seattle, Wa) - See all my reviews
I wear these as my primary gloves if its near freezing or a little below. If its much below 25 F then my fingers go numb, and I have to transition to heavy gloves. Good quality, well made, good dexterity. Hard to beat these for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Above Avg M/C Gloves, November 28, 2013
Keeps hands warm on a motorcycle. Good quality leather and lining. Sturdy but not stiff. xl in black, cuff could be 1/2" longer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›