5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Light
Published on June 28, 2011 by Miles D. Walz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable if you actually work in them.
Published 22 months ago by John Vittitow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Light, June 28, 2011
Love these gloves. I used them this past winter while stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. They are a great glove for everyday use, wearing to work, the gym, or even to dinner. I used these while helping a friend build a barn in temperatures from 20-30 degrees. They are warm enough in the mid 20's and I was able to hold a hammer and drive nails with them. Any colder than 20 or with a wind chill I'd get a warmer glove. I will buy another pair of these if they wear out. I might just buy another pair just because they're that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, February 16, 2011
These gloves are awesome. I purchased them for a recent trip to Kenya where I spent the days clearing trails in one of the forests. Not only did they look really nice, but they fit perfectly. I have small hands, but my fingers are long, and so I'm used to work gloves just being big and boxy. These fit "like a glove" (sorry for the pun), making them more effective for gripping, etc. They are also tough. We used machetes to clear away vines and branches and these gloves stood up well. At one point, we encountered a massive bush with prickers that only I was able to clear because of the gloves. Nothing got through. I highly recommend these gloves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft leather, built well, October 22, 2011
I bought these gloves to wear for exercise walks in the cold/wind and also to use when doing garage projects in the winter. I have used them for walks, and they are good for keeping my hands warm in weather from probably 30-50F. They are not heavily insulated and I wouldn't call them winter gloves. They do have some insulation. The leather is very soft. I bought XL since I am a larger individual - they fit a little tight but not too bad, and hopefully they will stretch just a little bit if I work with them for a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable if you actually work in them., January 15, 2013
I bought these because I love marmot's products. Thinking that these would be quality work gloves, I purchased them. I work in the hub at UPS and my work is dirty and rough on the hands. They were great for the first week, at about the 1 1/2 week period they began to fray and tear at the fingers. I'm going to have to contact Marmot about my options, but I need a glove to protect what my hands cannot withstand any longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these Gloves, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Basic Work Glove (Sports)
Marmot hit the nail on the head with this Basic Work Glove. The leather is durable and shapes well over time. The more you wear them the more you'll love them. Not great for standing around in the cold, but for working a shovel around town there isn't much better. If you can get away with sizing down a hair, the glove will provide better dexterity, but it does run pretty true to size. I am often between a Small and a Medium in most gloves and these are the same fit. I went with a Medium because it was available, but could have probably gone with a small and had better grip, but would have lost a little warmth. Something to consider.

One thing to consider is that these are not waterproof! They will get wet if you are handling something wet. If waterproofing is important you can wax them fairly easily.

For my needs I mainly use these gloves for backpacking/hiking. Highly Recommended gear!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and fit is just a bit big., February 19, 2013
Majorie (WILLIAMSBURG, NM, United States) - See all my reviews
I am a female with small hands and have great difficulty finding really tough work gloves. I use gloves for clearing brush including mesquite and cactus , also use the gloves while cutting and pruning trees with a chain saw. Although these gloves are a bit large they are much sturdier and more comfortable than most gloves. I have yet to find women's gloves that hold up to what I do and yet still are comfortable. Because of the lining they are great in winter. On average I wear out three to four pairs of gloves a year and will probably order another pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars they are kind of tight, March 26, 2013
bought two pairs, same size; the Tan ones are too tight too actually wear, so I gave them to my son.
Nice quality, tough, not too warm, just too small. The black ones, on the other hand, are now my go-to
gloves for driving, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insulated all-around glove, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Men's Basic Work Glove (Sports)
I am a fan of these gloves. I wear them almost all the time when it starts to get cold. They're much like the name suggests, a basic work glove, but insulated. I like them for driving, and they're a great glove for going to and from hockey games!

5.0 out of 5 stars well made, January 11, 2012
My husband goes through gloves very fast and most are never warm enough for him or they don't well. So far he thinks these are great.. they look much better then the picture shows and are made of nice leather. They fit well for large hands and keep his hands very warm. I think they are a great pair of gloves for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are great gloves driving, November 17, 2014
These are great gloves driving, and just going out in the winter. Reason for not 5 stars is the fit is inconsistent. Last year I bought Large's and this year bought them again, and the newer Large's fit more like a Medium. Makes it really hard to buy on Amazon without first trying on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›