5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gloves
Do just as advertised, warm yet when I need to make a call or text then I can do it with warm hands. Great product. They also fit well as a liner under my Marmot Randonnee gloves.
Published 16 months ago by Philip

2.0 out of 5 stars poorly made
I purchased these gloves for the winter thinking they were sturdy & warm. When I received them within a week of normal wear, the silver tips were ripping off at the seams. For the money I paid for these gloves, I would expect more quality!! So I sent them back and got a refund. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THESE GLOVES!!
Published on June 27, 2011 by siameeze

2.0 out of 5 stars poorly made, June 27, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Capacitive Touch Gloves, July 12, 2011
Pros: The gloves work well with capacitive devices, no doubt. The grippy material on the palms is useful and works well. The gloves are eye-catching: friends would ask me why the fingertips were silver, and when I would demonstrate with my iPhone, the practicality would be immediately apparent. Good gloves for driving.

Cons: The gloves are quite light weight and will not keep your hands warm in very cold weather. I also question the build quality of these gloves. On the fingertips, where the silver part meets the neoprene, my gloves were fraying (but still functional) before the winter had turned to spring.

I will continue to use these gloves until they fall apart and when they do I will not replace with the same item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all that useful, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Connect Glove (Apparel)
The index finger contact patch is good: it wraps over the top of the finger to allow "flinging" motions.

The thumb less so. It runs from seam to seam over the inside, approximately where your thumbprint would be. Except it doesn't account for your thumb not being in the same plane as your palm, so you actually end up with just part of your thumb being touch-active, because the thumb tube 'twists' incorrectly. I can use about half of my phone's touchscreen using the thumb; the rest just doesn't hit the contact patch.

OK, so I'll use the phone two-handed. Well, that'd be fine, except that the TPU grip on the glove only covers the palm. To hold any reasonably sized phone, you clamp it between your fingers and your palm, right? The fingers are all slippery softshell. So the palm holds the phone pretty well, but it's a risky proposition holding one-handed because you can't rely on your fingers.

Add grip on the fingers, and extend the thumb contact patch around the sides, and you've got a winner. As it is, they don't offer enough grip or enough touch functionality to be more than an annoyance for anything more than picking up a call; you're constantly concentrating on whether the touch panels are making contact with what you're trying to tap, and constantly worrying about dropping the phone like a bar of soap.

Furthermore, they're not really very warm, so there's little motivation to put up with sub-par performance to avoid getting frostbite. If it's really cold, you won't be wearing these gloves; if it's not that cold, take off the gloves to use your touchscreen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for when its not that cold, April 11, 2013
These work well for cool days when you need light gloves and the ability to use your smart phone. They fit a little larger than expected and after about 2 and a half months of regular use the fabric started to "pill". These gloves are good not great and IMO will need to be replaced every year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gloves, December 4, 2012