Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on April 2, 2011
The day after receiving these was a rainy day and I wore these on my bike commute, 5 miles round trip, together with my Marmot raincoat. Normally my pants would be soaked; instead they were completely dry. They are reasonably easy to pull on and off and have plenty of pockets. The material seems fairly tough. The only downside is that the color is not solid gray as you would expect from the photo; instead it is an ugly shimmery metallic gray. But I can live with it.
on June 4, 2012
I have owned this less than a year, but so far am impressed. The first time I tested them was at a park near my house during a massive thunderstorm. It was pouring heavy rain, had I been driving I probably would've had to pull over. I stayed out in this storm for a few hours and my legs stayed perfectly dry. I was a bit concerned about the zippers being non water proof, but thus far this has proven to be a non issue (waterproof fabric covers the zippers). I wore them hiking on the Superior Hiking Trail in Northern Minnesota last weekend and it rained on and off for about 5 days, the temps ranged from 35 to 65 degrees. I always wear a base layer on my legs, during this 5 day span I wore the base layer, and another breathable hiking pants, and then these pants for about half the time, and at times my legs got warm but never unbearably so. In other words I think they breathed fairly well. The other half of the time I just wore a base layer and these pants and that was perfect.

I like the draw strings at the bottom of the legs. I once stepped on a plank that sank underwater causing my boot to submerge, but because I had the draw strings tight around the tops of boots no water got into my boot.

Because I was tramping threw the rain and mud for five days in these pants they got dirty, and I was pleased to learn they were easily machine washable.

I hope that they continue to serve me well for years to come. At this time I have no complaints.
on April 26, 2013
The Good:

Price is great. For $61 its a steal as it is listed for $90-$100 in other stores. Although this is a low-end version by Marmot, it does what it is meant to do -- keep you dry. Water seems to run off the garment nicely. The pockets are a good addition and the full zip makes it easy to take them off quickly or without taking your boot off if needed. The draw-cord at the bottom keeps the pants nicely tugged.

The Bad: most importantly, it runs a size smaller so plan accordingly. The side zippers, though covered are not the taped type. Also, I do not see how you can adjust the wait as there is no draw cord, but just a bit of useless velcro. So again, make sure the waist fits. It weighs about 13 oz of medium (not 10 oz like many websites advertise, but they probably list the small size).

The Ugly: well, you will be making some swoosh swoosh sounds, but not scoring any baskets. You may also scare some animals away, but for some people thats a good thing.

In general: great pants for the price from a quality company. I use it for hiking and nature exploration so I cannot comment of cycling or other activities.
on April 29, 2013
I wear size 36 slacks/jeans but the large is a little snug WITHOUT taking into consideration that you will be wearing them atop another pair of pants. I have not yet worn them hiking but they appear to be well made.
on May 23, 2013
Product quality is outstanding but waist size is about an inch snugger than desired but the next larger size would have been too large. Have decided to keep the pants and just "suck it in".
on August 8, 2012
Excellent stuff, maybe too long a bit for biking but good for walking with mountain boots - not easy to judge on the web :-) Anyway - they're worth their price for sure !!!
on May 18, 2013
I haven't worn these out in a rainstorm yet so more to come on the waterproofing. They are lightweight and very easy to fit/pack.
on May 6, 2013
Have to return these because they are for someone who is eight feet tall. Ridiculously long for someone with a 34 inch waist. I guess Marmot is just like any of the others like North Face, Outdoor Research and others who can't do a simple google search and find out that the average male height is 5 feet 10 inches. It's inexplicable. They all do it. Can't go down to a medium... then they won't fit in the waist. Why? Because I have a normal, regular, average, proportional build. Hey, I got an idea, why don't they take a page out of the rest of the clothing worlds book and make "Big and Tall" sizes. It's too bad, cuz they're nice pants. But sorry one star for not having the ability to design proportional clothing.
on May 13, 2013
it's a little too long about 2 inches, can I exchange? Please advise
could you give me the length of small and medium short?
on June 28, 2013
Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get - this pant (grammatically correct?) and good rain poncho will handle the weather, any weather, and never come up wanting. I have traveled 19,600+ miles by foot, bicycle, and kayak - always with this pant. I am getting a new pair for my next trip - the PCT.

(And yes... when you find yourself grossly under-dressed on a wind-blown island, these will be quite handy)

Warren of PHAH
Hiked 2550 miles, AL-ME '08
Bicycled 1700 miles, ME-AL '08
Bicycled 1200 miles, SEUSA ‘09
Kayaked 1380 miles, Alabama Scenic River Trail '09
Winter Hiked 300 miles, Alabama Pinhoti ‘09
Bicycled 10,000 miles, Epic Double Crossing of the U.S. thru 28 States in 207 Days '10
Kayaked 850 miles, Mini-Epic Kayak TN/MS/AL/FL Trip '11