4.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket
Published 19 months ago by Jasper Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars The clothes look very light, the feeling is not so warm
The clothes look very light, the feeling is not so warm,Not the same feeling and pictures, afraid intolerable invasion of cold
Published 20 months ago by weiwei yu

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, February 7, 2013
This is a great jacket overall. Superlight, warm, and the black color was not as shiny as the others in this category (patagonia ultralight, Mountain hardware ghost whisperer). It's still shiny but duller than the blacks in the other two brands stated, depends if the trash bag look is your thing it wasn't mine so this was the jacket I went with. The fit was not perfect but doable. I'm 6' 155 and went with the medium. My concerns were the arms were a little on the long side and the overall length of the jacket was a little long for me. Both of these issues were minor in my opinion as the overall cut was form fitting and very stylish. I love that the jacket can be stored in the front pocket. The overall feel of the fabric is soft and smooth. I have the patagonia ultralight hoody and a mountain hardware nitrous. This is the jacket I'll grab for extreme outdoor activities. Overall it feels a bit better in overall quality then the others. It is a more substantial jacket and appears to have more fill and it's a bit more puffy than the others especially in the arms. Overall, great jacket and I expect years of use from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Microdown jacket, February 21, 2014
Greg Balko (Aspen, Co USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Men's Quasar Jacket (Apparel)
So I took the time to look at the competition (North Face Thunder micro, Mountain Hardware Ghost Whisperer, and Patagonia Ultralight) before I bought this jacket. If you want to know the differences read on below. To put it in a quick sentence why to get the quasar. If you live in a drier cold climate and want the best fitting, best looking jacket, with the highest quality and amount of down fill....this is your jacket.

Fit: It is just a tad longer than the others which prevents any unwanted drafts. For those with tall torsos like me, this was a deal clincher. Loft: This is the only jacket with 900 fill. The others are 800 to 850 and usually have less down in weight. So in essence your getting more and higher quality insulation, at a similar cost in a microdown jacket. Quality: The stitching is top quality. The thickness of the ripstop nylon is just right. The 7d nylon on the Mountain Hardware feels so paper thin and fragile. Other have mentioned how they think the MH zippers are too small. I concur. I'll take the extra 1-2 ounces in weight and have less fear that I'm going to destroy my jacket on some inadvertent object. Function: I tried them all and I can't tell a difference in weight. They are all light and feel like you are wearing a warm layer of air. On a single digit windy ski day, I just wear a base layer, fleece vest, my quasar, and a gore tech shell and I'm comfortable. Looks/ergonomics: It's all personal but I think this looks the best. The North Face is to box shaped and puffy in the arms, the Patagonia looks like you're wearing a bunch of pleats, and the mountain hardware is the best of the three but the shoulder baffles are less appealing than those of the Marmot. I also like having the chest pocket. Mountain hardware doesn't have it.

Consider the MH if every ounce matters to you. Be wary of the quality of their lighter material though. MH and North Face tout their DWR treated down. If I lived in a wet climate, I would think twice about buying down in the first place. We also don't know how the DWR is going to affect the long term performance of the loft of the down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, January 12, 2013
Super warm and comfortable.
Looks and wears great.
I am going to get one in another color plus pants from
the same company.

4.0 out of 5 stars light and good overall, December 23, 2012
it's really lightweight and overall warm enough (or probably also because i have some good body fat..)

the only thing i feel not perfect is the touch of the fabrics, it is sort of too soft and not very smooth, which makes me feel it is too vulnerable and could be easily scratched.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fitting jacket. Lightweight and warm., November 11, 2012
Eric (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Looked at nearly every jacket available in this pricerange and style. This one fit the best and had the highest quality materials. A very sharp looking cut.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and toasty, December 26, 2012
This was my son't "Big" present for Christmas. I had purchased a similar jacket for myself last and what an awesome jacket it is. I hate to admit it but this one is even nicer than my own. It has 900 power fill and is extremely light. I had to double check the package when it came to make sure there was something in it. This jacket is cut so nicely allowing maximum flexibility. My son is six feet with a slim build and this jackets fits really well. This is the lightest, warmest jacket I've seen to date but what do you expect from Marmot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Jacket!, November 20, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Quasar Jacket (Apparel)
I've always been a fan of, and been very pleased with Marmot products and this jacket falls right inline with their reputation. Outstanding jacket! Fit is spot on (I'm slender and 6' 160 lbs and a Medium fits perfect), it's warm, and INSANELY lightweight.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, March 5, 2013
Everybody says looks cool on this kind of jacket. But for me It's take a while to say cool for this.

3.0 out of 5 stars The clothes look very light, the feeling is not so warm, December 31, 2012

Marmot Men's Quasar Jacket