Marmot Men's Shadow Down Jacket - Orange Spice/ Tawny Port M
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Marmot MemBrain® Waterproof/Breathable Fabric - Marmot MemBrain, Waterproof/Breathable Fabric
- 650 Goose Down Fill Power
- Reinforced Shoulders and Sleeves
- Zip-off Storm Hood with Bonded Brim
- PitZipsTM - Underarm Zip That Extends Into the Body for Aggressive Venting
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Mine is black and it appears matt lacking the sheen of nylon shell coats. It has pockets everywhere, all functional and well placed. The hood would get you through a blizzard, seals tightly around your face, remains rigid holding its shape. Most importantly the down is extremely warm. The collar is also very firm and stands up encompassing your neck while fully zipped. Your chin will be the first thing exposed above the collar.
I was reluctant to purchase a 650 fill rating jacket but it has performed flawlessly. Our coldest day last year was windchills of -24 degrees fahrenheit and at that temperature I was barely able to detect any chill on my upper body. I don't remember what the actual ambient temperature was, likely between 0 and -5F. In my area our record colds are windchills around -50F and I am certain this will keep me warm without even a need for layers beneath the coat.
I recommend this coat to anyone who needs to stay warm in the cold. While it is not cheap, it is inexpensive compared to anything of similar quality and warmth.
1) The awful hood. The hood is very bulky and has a hard plastic material along the end. So if you're not wearing it on your head, it's uncomfortable having it hang off your back - especially if you're sitting. I would definitely not buy this if you're commuting in your car during the winter. The hood also has these velcro tabs that keep it connected to the jacket. But they always come out which leads to the hood hanging awkwardly off the jacket. Ironically, the hood isn't even that warm despite it's massive bulk.
2) The fit. This jacket fits very big. I'm 6'2" 185 lbs, and I normally wear a Large because I like to wear jackets snug. But the Large fit big - like I needed a 2nd sweater or another 50 lbs of gut to fill it out. For this reason alone, I should have returned it but I mistakenly decided to keep it.
3) Bulky. This is a bulky jacket. It would be fine if it didn't have a big fit. But the 2 issues combined make it extra bulky.
4) On the positive side, the body of the jacket is warm and comfortable.
This thing is such a dream come true for me, delivering all the right elements for hardcore cold-weather activity in a simple, single layer. I live in South Dakota and picked this up right before a cold snap this winter that plunged us into high temps of -5 and lows of -25 (before wind chill) -- and boy did I make the right call. I'm not as active outdoors in the winter as I used to be, but I wanted one jacket I could wear to/from work, picking up kids, walking the dog, etc. that would also do the job on the slopes or back country. Basically, I wanted a "sport utility jacket" and the Shadow is it.
I have been a disciple of Marmot for 25 years but don't buy a lot of their gear because it's just so bomb proof you never need to replace it. I was curious if this coat would stand up in quality to all the other Marmot products I've worn over the year. I can assure you it does. Marmot is one of the greatest companies around; their products are exquisitely designed, built and warrantied. This coat cements my loyalty. You seriously should look no further; you will love this coat and you will love this company.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect for its intended purpose - being outdoors on the very cold. People complaining of "bulk" and discomfort in a car - this is not the jacket you need. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Maya Pack
Coldest nyc winter 2015. Was always warm. Hood great. Pockets convenient, particularly the wrist pocket and chest rubber media/glasses pocket.Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
It is so nice and very warm, nice color, many pockets and fasners.
I'm very sutisfied of this Down Jacket.
Good service, good product. Perfect fit size. In the jacket liked everything. Extremely comfortable and lightweight jacket, warm (up to - 25 degrees Celsius). Read morePublished on January 9, 2013 by ALLA