5.0 out of 5 stars juju
i purchased the shadow jacket for my son for christmas. He just loved it. It looked just as good as the picuture and in excellent condition. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends.
Published on June 27, 2011 by Kim Field

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm but uncomfortable
I regret not returning this jacket - it has annoying design flaws. I think this jacket would be fine for occasional skiing but it's not good for everyday wear in a cold-weather area. Some comments:

Published 12 months ago by Rob G.

5.0 out of 5 stars juju, June 27, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, Stylish, Functional, Comfortable, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Shadow Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I purchased this coat last winter after extensive research and having returned two others from different manufacturers. This coat was all that I ever hoped for, I could not think of a single thing to make the coat better(aside from a lower price).

Mine is black and it appears matt lacking the sheen of nylon shell coats. It has pockets everywhere, all functional and well placed. The hood would get you through a blizzard, seals tightly around your face, remains rigid holding its shape. Most importantly the down is extremely warm. The collar is also very firm and stands up encompassing your neck while fully zipped. Your chin will be the first thing exposed above the collar.

I was reluctant to purchase a 650 fill rating jacket but it has performed flawlessly. Our coldest day last year was windchills of -24 degrees fahrenheit and at that temperature I was barely able to detect any chill on my upper body. I don't remember what the actual ambient temperature was, likely between 0 and -5F. In my area our record colds are windchills around -50F and I am certain this will keep me warm without even a need for layers beneath the coat.

I recommend this coat to anyone who needs to stay warm in the cold. While it is not cheap, it is inexpensive compared to anything of similar quality and warmth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, comfortable and durable., December 16, 2012
This jacket is even better then I expected. Does keep you warm on the ski slopes with very little additional clothing underneath. Is durable, after several falls on the slopes, no rips or damage yet. Convenient & secure pockets for many little gadgets - phones, keys, wallets, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Shadow Jacket, January 11, 2012
This is a well-constructed (warm) waterproof down jacket with lots of pockets ! I didn't need a full-length parka and this was the ticket.

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm but uncomfortable, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Men's Shadow Jacket (Sports Apparel)

1) The awful hood. The hood is very bulky and has a hard plastic material along the end. So if you're not wearing it on your head, it's uncomfortable having it hang off your back - especially if you're sitting. I would definitely not buy this if you're commuting in your car during the winter. The hood also has these velcro tabs that keep it connected to the jacket. But they always come out which leads to the hood hanging awkwardly off the jacket. Ironically, the hood isn't even that warm despite it's massive bulk.

2) The fit. This jacket fits very big. I'm 6'2" 185 lbs, and I normally wear a Large because I like to wear jackets snug. But the Large fit big - like I needed a 2nd sweater or another 50 lbs of gut to fill it out. For this reason alone, I should have returned it but I mistakenly decided to keep it.

3) Bulky. This is a bulky jacket. It would be fine if it didn't have a big fit. But the 2 issues combined make it extra bulky.

4) On the positive side, the body of the jacket is warm and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT JACKET, August 23, 2013
J (Colorado) - See all my reviews
TOTALLY awesome. The best jacket I've ever owned. The outer shell is durable, delicious, stylish, and comfortable. The 650 fill/MemBrain combo is an ideal way to beat the wind/snow/cold. I keep toasty in -10 deg F at the dog park and not too hot inside my truck on the way to work. The hood was the biggest surprise to me...it is down insulated as well AND removable, BUT the best part it how well it snuggles to your head without loss of visability or comfort. Totally worth every penny OR more...Marmot lifetime warranty puts my frugle mind at ease...so much so that I bought my wife a Ama Dablam down jacket for her birthday. Good job Marmot!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Land Rover of Winter Jackets, March 1, 2013
Premium, rugged, functional, warm, smart: the Marmot Shadow combines the simple functionality of a casual, about-town winter parka (super warm high-quality down, high fleece-lined collar) with the performance details of an ski/winter sports jacket (pit zips, powder skirt, removable hood, lots of pockets, long sleeves, waterproof outer lining).

This thing is such a dream come true for me, delivering all the right elements for hardcore cold-weather activity in a simple, single layer. I live in South Dakota and picked this up right before a cold snap this winter that plunged us into high temps of -5 and lows of -25 (before wind chill) -- and boy did I make the right call. I'm not as active outdoors in the winter as I used to be, but I wanted one jacket I could wear to/from work, picking up kids, walking the dog, etc. that would also do the job on the slopes or back country. Basically, I wanted a "sport utility jacket" and the Shadow is it.

I have been a disciple of Marmot for 25 years but don't buy a lot of their gear because it's just so bomb proof you never need to replace it. I was curious if this coat would stand up in quality to all the other Marmot products I've worn over the year. I can assure you it does. Marmot is one of the greatest companies around; their products are exquisitely designed, built and warrantied. This coat cements my loyalty. You seriously should look no further; you will love this coat and you will love this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, January 14, 2013
It is so nice and very warm, nice color, many pockets and fasners.
I'm very sutisfied of this Down Jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product., January 9, 2013
Good service, good product. Perfect fit size. In the jacket liked everything. Extremely comfortable and lightweight jacket, warm (up to - 25 degrees Celsius). Thought through all the details. Buy without hesitation.

Marmot Men's Shadow Jacket