5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good bag
I went to the sierras and coldest temp was low 30s. I slept in a tent and I slept warm and cozy;
Published 9 months ago by Marianna W. Castellaw

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Comfort - Low Quality Zippers
There are some good things: Its definitely warm enough.. Camped in 20degrees and was very comfortable. Its fairly spacious compared to other mummy type bags and its no bulkier than other Synthetic below freezing bags for the price...

The horrible feature and reason for the low score is the zipper.
The first night, the zipper handle broke off and broke...
Published 19 months ago by R. Durham

4.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be good value, May 13, 2014
The bag appears to be everything that it was touted to be. I have to admit that when I read that it had two zippers I envisioned two FULL LENGTH zippers while what the bag has is one full length zipper and one zipper that is about 1/3 length to make it easier to enter the bag.

While I haven't had the opportunity to take the bag camping yet I have tried it out in the house and I was satisfied with the results. It's a mummy bag so I don't think I can call it roomy but it does allow me adequate sleeping room and I'm fairly big at 5'11" and 245 pounds. I bought this bag for hammock camping and I think I can use it in enough different configurations that it will be a good three season bag for hammock camping under New England conditions.

The bag does come with a compression sack and while I have to admit that getting the bag into the sack and compressed is a major undertaking when the bag is compressed it appears to form a cylinder that has roughly the equivalent volume of a basketball when one is finished.

While I haven't owned a sleeping bag for years this bag appears to be well made. I couldn't find any loose threads or sloppy sewing and the zippers all seem to work well although I think one would be wise to not try to zip this bag up carelessly.

It can be tightly closed up around the sleeper until only one's face is exposed or it can be opened up until only the boxed in foot is closed. I was amused to see that the bag even has a small "stash" pocket for eyeglasses or something similar. The bag also has small loops on the bottom so it can be hung when not in use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Comfy, October 14, 2013
Took this on an overnight backpacking trip. Camped near a lake at 4000 ft., or so. It was comfy and warm at 34 degrees, but you may need a liner to stay warm at the recommended temp rating of 15 degrees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good bag, October 3, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember the real deal ones cost $300+ you are just spending less than $100... its a good deal., May 28, 2013
I'm not sure if i will use this on 15 degree weather. I bought it with the idea to use it during a 3 day hike on the Appalachian trail and under the understanding that it was not to get colder than 35 degrees. It work fine and it did its job. With an inexpensive product like this one, you have to be mindful of compression straps and zippers. Remember the real deal ones cost $300+

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Comfort - Low Quality Zippers, December 10, 2012
R. Durham "chefash" (Hypoluxo, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Trestles 15 Synthetic Sleeping Bag (Sports)

The horrible feature and reason for the low score is the zipper.
The first night, the zipper handle broke off and broke the plastic zipper track. Maybe I was cold and drunk, but a good quality zipper should not fail so easily.

Bottomline, if you like camping in freezing weather with a zipperless bag... this is a great choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit my dad, December 4, 2012
He is 6' and about 250. No complaints about the size. Warm and toasty. Great gear for any climate. Kudos!

1.0 out of 5 stars 15 degrees my butt!!, April 22, 2013
Purchased from Amazon to replace a worn out 3 season bag after looking carefully at
photos, specs, and reviews.
Photos show a nice lofty, full bag. Specs call it a 15 degree bag. When the bag showed
up I took it from the box and it looked and felt like a wet noodle. Nothing like the lofty
photos. When I held it up to the light I could basically see right through the whole top
side of it. Despite this I thought I would give it a chance to live up to the manufactures
claims. I spread a sleeping pad on my deck and laid in the bag fully dressed with the
temperature at 43 degrees. In 10 minutes my feet were freezing. In 20 minutes my body was
so uncomfortable I had to get out of it and go inside to warm up.
If you think you are buying a bag that will keep you warm and safe down to 15 degrees
beware, this bag could cost you your life in the wrong circumstances.
Not sure how they get away with this!!

Rate and Discover Movies